who are you?

mkepcotmgmak

Originally posted by mrtoad
I will try, thanks.

when i was 2 - i was so addicted to my PLUG (what i called it) that my parents pretended to feed it to our horse Trixie, and i cried and cried, and told my parents to cut Trixie's belly open to get it... they had tried EVERYTHING under the sun to keep me from wanting it... the horse trick was low... real low... i'm scarred for life!

mkepcotmgmak

I will try, thanks.

when i was 2 - i was so addicted to my PLUG (what i called it) that my parents pretended to feed it to our horse Trixie, and i cried and cried, and told my parents to cut Trixie's belly open to get it... they had tried EVERYTHING under the sun to keep me from wanting it... the horse trick was low... real low... i'm scarred for life!

SpongeScott

Pacifier = evil

My daughter is almost 3 and still wants one at bed. She is hooked! If you have a surefire way to get rid of the habit, please let me know.
snip the end of the pacifier off so she loses the ______________ action on it. Worked for us.

MicBat

Name: Jonnie

How I fund my WDW habit: My parents do... I remember saving for months when i was younger so i could buy whatever I wanted when we go there... and I would spend every cent!

How I got hooked: My parents... They took me every year... my mom more than my dad, though... she had more enthusiasm about it! CVQ

First memory: For some reason, standing in line for the Star Jets. I also remember wanting to meet Minnie at a character dinner and as soon as she came to the table, I cried.

Best memory of WDW: Wow... best memory.. there are too many to count! The place is filled with memories for me!

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom and Epcot

Favorite Attraction: Peter Pan's Flight, SSE, Splash Mountain

Number of trips: Around 30

Next trip: Hopefully, I'll be there from January to August of next year... we'll see any day now... :veryconfu

MouseMadness

EEK! Sorry about the thread hijack, mrtoad! :eek: Anyway, I've never had trouble saying no to my kids, so when it gets to a point of "Okay, enough" it just goes. The bottle is never tough... I get rid of that as soon as possible, because I hate cleaning them out. So they may cry, but soon it's forgotten. Just like that, lol. I don't make a big production or anything out of it.

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by MouseMadness
EEK! Sorry about the thread hijack, mrtoad! :eek: Anyway, I've never had trouble saying no to my kids, so when it gets to a point of "Okay, enough" it just goes. The bottle is never tough... I get rid of that as soon as possible, because I hate cleaning them out. So they may cry, but soon it's forgotten. Just like that, lol. I don't make a big production or anything out of it.

No need to be sorry. It is good to get advise.

crazygirley

Name: Meaghan

How I fund my WDW habit: By saving, saving, saving!

How I got hooked on WDW: In the womb. My parents took "me" to WDW at the tender age of 8 months in-utero.

My first WDW memory: Taking the tram at MK back to our car.

Best WDW memory: This past trip, when we stayed at AKL. I'll never forget it...never.

Favorite Attraction: Tower of Terror.

Number of trips: Oh, about 10...an estimated 5 months of my life spent at WDW.

Next trip: Hopefully next Christmas!!!

SnowWhite5669

Name: SnowWhite

How I fund my WDW habit: Working in State government and part time Disney Store Cast member

How I got hooked on WDW: Got caught by the Mouse trap when I was six.

My first WDW memory: Walking down Main Street with my father and promptly getting lost when he turned his back.

Best WDW memory: My husband proposed to me in Disney.

Favorite Park: The Magic Kingdom

Favorite Attraction: The Haunted Mansion

Number of trips: 20 and counting

Favorite Disney movie (both animated and live-action): Lion King and Herbie the Love Bug.

Favorite Disney character: Mickey Mouse

Next trip: Spring 2004 (taking my son and nephew)

mrtoad

Original Poster
Going with some stuff that others have added to the list, here is some more info from me.

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom

Favorite Disney movie (both animated and live-action): Animated is hard, I would have to name a few. Jungle Book, Toy Story and Monsters Inc. This will keep chaning depending on my mood I am sure. For live action, The Apple Dumpling Gang. Don Knotts and Tim Conway together are way too funny. Also where else will there be a Bill Bixby sighting without him telling someone. "Don't make me angry, you won't like me when I'm angry".

Favorite Disney character: The Mouse of course.

NowInc

Name: NowInc..aka..DreGGs..aka..Dan

How I fund my WDW habit: I don't.

How I got hooked on WDW: Worked there for a short while ;)

My first WDW memory: Getting scared on snow white......this was last year. KIDDING!!! Actually my first memory would be me "bonding" with dreamfinder.

Best WDW memory: Best? Or Most memorable. They are not the same forme. Most memorable would be getting laid off by them. BEST would be the first time i got the guts to ride space mountain...i was 9.

Favorite Park: Disney Studios

Favorite Attraction: The Tower of Terror

Number of trips: You tend to lose count after 200

Favorite Disney movie (both animated and live-action): Alice in Wonderland, and Pirates Of the Carribean

Favorite Disney character: Its all about the Chesire Cat.

Next trip: Was supposed to be today..but I overslept. OOOPS. Uh..i guess sometime in the next couple of months.

egionet

I shall add some info to my bio too:

Fav Park: Magic Kingdom

Fav Movie: animated - Beauty and the Beast, live action - Remember the Titans

Fav Character: Minnie - she's so cute!

PeeplMoovr

Name: Matt

Age: 29 (but slowly realizing I'll be "in my thirties" in 6 weeks)

How I fund my WDW habit: My wife and I are attorneys, working to support the Disney habit.

How I got hooked on WDW: My dad was a teacher and we'd go spend our summers with family in Bradenton, FL. As a result, my summers were filled with trips to the World. Haven't looked back since.

My first WDW memory: being told i was too short to go on Space Mountain when I was 5 years old.

Favorite Attraction: Toss up between - Splash Mountain and Spaceship Earth, but that changes from time to time.

Favorite Park: MK now, or the EPCOT of the mid-80's.

Number of trips: somewhere around 38 - not sure exactly.

Next trip: September of 2004. And I can't wait.

egionet

Originally posted by pocahontas79
I second that. When I hear "I've seen fire and I've seen rain", I think of that movie:D

I definitely saw it in the movie theater at least 5 times. And I still cry a lot at the end everytime I watch it :cry:

no2apprentice

Name : Ken

How I fund my WDW habit: 24 years with a badge, wife is a cardiac sonographer (ultrasound imaging on the heart).

How I got hooked on WDW: I have always loved Disney, DL, and WDW.

My first WDW memory: Wife and I went to WDW after returning from a cruise (before kids). I couldn't get over how much more space than at DL.

Best WDW memory: First time we took the boys (2000), and my oldest son was crying as we left MK on the ferry (he was 12 at the time). My mission was a success - the kids caught the magic!

Favorite Attraction: Pirates of the Caribbean

Number of trips: Four with kids, one before kids.

Next trip: Was hoping for June 2004, but it looks like the funding will only allow Williamsburg. Oh well.

Fav Park: Magic Kingdom

Fav Character: Mickey as the Sorcerer's Apprentice

Fav Movie: Animated - well, just for the beauty of the animation, gotta go with Pinocchio: most enjoyable, Aladdin. Non-Animated - Mary Poppins.

Debbie

Pacifier = evil

My daughter is almost 3 and still wants one at bed. She is hooked! If you have a surefire way to get rid of the habit, please let me know.

The Easter Bunny came and got ours! We had Lil' Don pack all of his bottles in a Wal-Mart bag if he wanted the Easter Bunny to stop at our house. The next morning, the bag of bottles was gone and Lil' Don had a nice Easter basket. That nite he asked for it and we reminded him of the deal. That nite he went to bed a 'big boy'!

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by Debbie
The Easter Bunny came and got ours! We had Lil' Don pack all of his bottles in a Wal-Mart bag is he wanted the Easter Bunny to stop at our house. The next morning, the bag of bottles was gone and Lil' Don had a nice Easter basket. That nite he asked for it and we reminded him of the deal. That nite he went to bed a 'big boy'!

That is a great idea. I think I need to make a deal with Santa Claus. And then not let her down the baby isle at the crocery store.

AriBelle23

Crystal,

I love the Sassagoula boat ride. My wife and I stayed at PO on our honemoon and Dixie Landings every trip since (3). It is a nice relaxing trip.

Also, what you said about "we're really here!" - that was my exact reaction when I went on my honeymoon in 1993. Growing up, going to WDW was my life. When I think of my childhood, that is what I think of. My parents seperated in the mid 80s and I never went back until my honeymoon. I planned the trip to go, I knew we were going, yet when we walked under the train station it hit me. I was really where I loved to be.

Thanks for sharing,
Mike

Just wanted to let you know that I think it is sooooo cool of you to start this thread and actually read our responses and respond back to every single one of us. :) I am also very happy I got to know a little bit about the people I talk about my favorite place in the whole world with! :)

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by AriBelle23
Just wanted to let you know that I think it is sooooo cool of you to start this thread and actually read our responses and respond back to every single one of us. :) I am also very happy I got to know a little bit about the people I talk about my favorite place in the whole world with! :)

Thanks Crystal. It helps to know a little bit about some of you. I have read all of the responses but not responded to all of those. I was not sure if I should or not. But regardless I am very happy that some people have responded, I was not sure if people would want to do this or not.

I think it is neat to see the differences in age (I think the youngest was 12 and the oldest 48???), ocupations (corporate trainer to police officer, to student, etc.), etc...

It just shows that what we all love here transcends to more that just one type of person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom