who are you?

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by Merlin
[B
How I fund my WDW habit: My job as a corporate trainer
Best WDW memory: As bizarre as this sounds, my wife and I went one year and didn't go to any of the theme parks. We just hung out a Fort Wilderness, the hotel pools, Typhoon Lagoon and Pleasure Island. We still talk about that as our best trip...though we haven't been able to go back and resist the parks like that again.
Number of trips: On average, 2 to 3 times per year since 1990...you do the math, I've lost count.
[/B]

Jon,

First I could never resist not going to the parks. I have no will power (I'm fat too). :lol: :( :lol:

Second, you are so lucky to go 2 to 3 times per hear. I can hope and pray and maybe someday...

Mike

kal1484

Originally posted by MouseMadness
But myself and any other mother will tell you that in this case, what the doctor don't know won't hurt him

I'm a firm believer in this!!!!

(what my dad doesn't know, won't hurt him :D)

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by Debbie
Name: Debbie
How I got my WDW habit? My first trip in 1976, I was letdown because my parents got the cheapest ticket books. Then in 1981, my aunt and uncle invited me to go with their family. We stayed at the Contemporary for a week and I fell in love with WDW.
How I fund trips? In the '80's, I was single and had all the money to spend on myself. My husband and I were both laid off in 1998, and 2000, respectively. Since we started our own business, we haven't had a vacation since our last trip to WDW in August 99.
Favorite Park: MK
Favorite Attraction: HM
Next Trip: A girls only trip in December to celebrate our 40th birthdays.

I must be a mind reader. Some how I knew your name was Debbie. Some how I just knew! :animwink:

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by SpongeScott
Best memory of WDW: Easy. Seeing the Disney magic come alive in the eyes of my kids two years when we were watching Tapestry of Dreams. I almost cried (and that is something).

Scott,

We will be taking my daughter in just over a year for her first trip, she will have just turned 4. I can not wait, I know I will be in the same state you were. I got her the planning video so she has an idea before we go. The smile on her face when she watches that almost does me in.

Mike

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by AriBelle23
My first WDW memory: The first one is taking the Sassagoula boat down town Disney from Port Orleans (French Quarter) ...this was before the 2 resorts merged and it was just called Port Orleans.

The next day we went to MK and seeing the castle in person for the first time is seriously breathtaking. My mom and I looked at each other and said "we're really here!" ...We have been doing that every year since :)

Crystal,

I love the Sassagoula boat ride. My wife and I stayed at PO on our honemoon and Dixie Landings every trip since (3). It is a nice relaxing trip.

Also, what you said about "we're really here!" - that was my exact reaction when I went on my honeymoon in 1993. Growing up, going to WDW was my life. When I think of my childhood, that is what I think of. My parents seperated in the mid 80s and I never went back until my honeymoon. I planned the trip to go, I knew we were going, yet when we walked under the train station it hit me. I was really where I loved to be.

Thanks for sharing,
Mike

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by MouseMadness
:lol: All I know is once the kids go in for that 1 year check up, the doctor is all down my back about getting rid of the bottle AND the pacifier!! :eek: But myself and any other mother will tell you that in this case, what the doctor don't know won't hurt him :lookaroun I'M the one who needs quiet and sleep, not him!

Pacifier = evil

My daughter is almost 3 and still wants one at bed. She is hooked! If you have a surefire way to get rid of the habit, please let me know.

darthdarrel

Name: Darrel R Buccilli

How I fund my WDW habit: My oldest brother Michael has paid for all my Disney trips!

How I got hooked on WDW: I have been a Disney fanatic as long as I can remember

My first WDW memory: in 1993 My Brother Michael took me and my whole family, I was then hooked!

Best WDW memory: Going on the Haunted Mansion for the first time!

Favorite Park: The Magic Kingdom.

Favorite Attraction: The Haunted Mansion/ It`s a small world.

Number of trips: 3

Favorite Disney movie (both animated and live-action): Animated- Beauty and the beast.
live action - Pirates of the Caribean.

Favorite Disney character: Belle

Next trip: Hopefully December of 2003*crosses fingers*

Name: Kristen

How I fund my WDW habit: I have a graduate assistantship at school that pays my tuition plus plenty of spending money for Disney! I am so blessed

How I got hooked on WDW: First time: 1993 but it was the movies that came out during the 90s that drew me in! And it doesn't help that my fiancee is a huge fan and collector of anything and everything Disney!

My first WDW memory: 1993, got off the boat at MK and walked in to an empty park cause it was raining. Every ride was wide open!

Best WDW memory: Getting surprised at Chef Mickeys with a beautiful diamond ring and a "popped question"

Favorite Park: Epcot

Favorite Attraction: Tower of Terror

Number of trips: 5

Favorite Disney movie (both animated and live-action): Festival of the Lion King AND Aladdin (even though I do love Pocahontas-- as probably inferred by my name!)

Favorite Disney character: Meeko

Next trip: Well ASAP, hopefully this December!

PrincessAli

Originally posted by mrtoad
Pacifier = evil

My daughter is almost 3 and still wants one at bed. She is hooked! If you have a surefire way to get rid of the habit, please let me know.

My cousin used his until he was 5.

Tink18

Name: Lindsey

Status: Juggiling 3 guys right now....it's no fun when you can't decide

Location: DeKalb, IL going to NIU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Huskies!!! Ranked 12th and movin up!!!!!!!

How I fund my WDW habit: My lovely father takes us every year because he is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How I got hooked on WDW: I didn't have a choice but I am thankful that I am hooked... my parents went once in 1973 and said they have to do this again and they've been going ever since bringing my 31 year old sister and 22 year old brother and myself with us every year

My first WDW memory: Being in my Daddys arms while I was falling asleep and having my mom whisper into his ear, "We need to find a magic wand for Lindsey"

Best WDW memory:I had the BEST skipper on the junlge cruise ever the summer of 2001 I believe, I went to Disney with my sister and brother-in-law and this guy made me laugh for HOURS I even took pictures of him, no Jungle Cruise ride will ever compare...<sigh> memories....

Favorite Attraction: Dumbos, Jungle Cruise

Number of trips: 19 and counting

Next trip: July 2004 woo hoo

tigsmom

Originally posted by mrtoad
Pacifier = evil

Was able to get it away from my girls when they moved to a "big girl bed". Pacifiers are for babies, not big girls. It took a few nights to make the transition, but they made it. :wave:

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by PrincessAli
My cousin used his until he was 5.

That scares me. A few years ago we were at a college graduation and someone in the crowd near us had this daughter who was sitting in a stroller ______________ on a pacifier that had to be at least 6 or 7. First 6 or 7, you should not be in a stroller. Second, the mother started passing out lunch and this girl took out her pacifire long enough to eat a PB&J sandwich and have a can of Coke. When she was finished, she popped it right back in her mouth.

If that is not scary, I don't know what is.

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by tigsmom
Was able to get it away from my girls when they moved to a "big girl bed". Pacifiers are for babies, not big girls. It took a few nights to make the transition, but they made it. :wave:

We tried that but my daughter is a little sneaky pants. We got her a big girl bed and told her no more pacifier if she gets the big girl bed, she agreed. So we set up the bed and my daughter threw her pacifier in the garbage all by her self before se put it together. It was a yellow Avent pacifier. So that night I am in her room sitting on her bed reading to her. She leans over to me and wispers something to me. I did not know what she was saying. After several times of saying it I realized she was saying blue to me. The little knew she still had a blue pacifier in her dresser drawer. She was wispering because she knew she was not suppose to have it.

Long story is, we are still trying to get rid of the thing.

kal1484

ooOoo Pacifier! LOL! never had one BUT you could try this

Put something that is bitter, but not toxic on it. She will associate the pacifier with the bitter taste and then, the pacifier, the unconditioned responce will become a conditioned one (i'm in Psych 101 LOL) Yeah, this is what my dad also says to do i think...I'll have to check!

and tink, I was up in DeKalb this summer for a Drum and Bugle Core Competition, nice stadium :D

Lovecraft

Name: Jason

Martial Status: Married, no children

Occupation: Entrpreneur -- Partner and Director of R&D for a software development firm -- mad scientist, artist, sculptor.

How I fund my trips: I let my wife handle my finances otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford it at all and most likely would be homeless and living with some very expensive and useless robotic creation I built.

How I became addicted: The year my family moved to Louisiana from Hawaii, my parents felt a trip to WDW would cheer us islanders up -- this little taste of Disney Crack left me wanting more. When my wife and I later in life went on a trip together we became hopelessly addicted.

My last trip: a few weeks ago

My next trip: When the whim next hits me

Favorite Park: EPCOT

Favorite Attraction: The Haunted Mansion

Least favorite: Dinorama - Y U C K

Number of trips: I have never really thought to count them -- a few each year since 1998

Lovecraft

Name: Jason

Martial Status: Married, no children

Occupation: Entrpreneur -- Partner and Director of R&D for a software development firm -- mad scientist, artist, sculptor.

How I fund my trips: I let my wife handle my finances otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford it at all and most likely would be homeless and living with some very expensive and useless robotic creation I built.

How I became addicted: The year my family moved to Louisiana from Hawaii, my parents felt a trip to WDW would cheer us islanders up -- this little taste of Disney Crack left me wanting more. When my wife and I later in life went on a trip together we became hopelessly addicted.

My last trip: a few weeks ago

My next trip: When the whim next hits me

Favorite Park: EPCOT

Favorite Attraction: The Haunted Mansion

Least favorite: Dinorama - Y U C K

Number of trips: I have never really thought to count them -- a few each year since 1998

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by wdwprincess03

Put something that is bitter, but not toxic on it. She will associate the pacifier with the bitter taste and then, the pacifier, the unconditioned responce will become a conditioned one (i'm in Psych 101 LOL) Yeah, this is what my dad also says to do i think...I'll have to check!

and tink, I was up in DeKalb this summer for a Drum and Bugle Core Competition, nice stadium :D

I will try, thanks.

mkepcotmgmak

Originally posted by wdwprincess03

i knew before i read further down, that you had to be in psych 101-- what's next? Maslow's salivating dogs?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom