Whispering Canyon Change

castlecake2.0

From the other thread:

While posters are talking about the DVC members’ complaining in jest, I came across this.
A website reported in March that the following letter was left in the WL DVC villas:

Thank you for being our Guest!

My name is Thea Sargent, General Manager of Disney's Wilderness Lodge, and my team and I are here to help fill your stay with Disney magic! We want to ensure that you have a memorable vacation in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

As you enjoy your stay, our Cast Members will strive to provide you with extraordinary service. If something during your trip throroughly delights you or if one of our Cast Members makes a special impression, I'd love to hear about it. We take great pride in thanking our Cast Members for a job well done. On the other hand, if you experience something that was not quite right during your stay, please let me know. Ensuring an enjoyable stay for all of our Guests is of the utmost importance to us.

If you would like to share any thoughts about your stay, please contact me at my direct email address, WDW.GM.WildernessLodge@Disney.com. My team and I will read--and personally respond to--every Guest message that comes to this address. I look forward to hearing from you and wish you the most magical stay at Disney's Wilderness Lodge.

Source: https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-p...s-70636/4111-resort-managers-solicit-feedback

I stayed at the All Stars, POP, and Port Orleans last month and all my rooms included the same style of letter from the hotel GM.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
A Twitter user received this DM from Disney:View attachment 283905

I kind of feel like this is all my fault. Several years ago, I walked out to WCC in my stained undershirt and whitey tighteys and told everyone to keep it down. In my defense, it was pretty late...don't know how late but it was closer to 9 than 8:30 in the PM.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I kind of feel like this is all my fault. Several years ago, I walked out the WCC in my stained undershirt and whitey tighteys and told everyone to keep it down. In my defense, it was pretty late...don't know how late but it was closer to 9 than 8:30 in the PM.

So it's YOUR fault.... 😉

EPCOTCenterLover

I kind of feel like this is all my fault. Several years ago, I walked out to WCC in my stained undershirt and whitey tighteys and told everyone to keep it down. In my defense, it was pretty late...don't know how late but it was closer to 9 than 8:30 in the PM.
That's now an unfortunate image in my brain. 😂

Lensman

OK, so maybe this change is unfortunate but necessary. :)

I too, am sad that I'm never going to be able to enjoy it. Maybe they could make an exception for the ketchup scene?

halltd

This has happened before. I remember many years back that EVERYTHING went away, then they used red/green discs on the table for guests to be able to choose if they wanted to participate in antics or not, recently it's been back to almost the original day antics. So, if they've taken everything away now, it'll be back eventually.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This has happened before. I remember many years back that EVERYTHING went away, then they used red/green discs on the table for guests to be able to choose if they wanted to participate in antics or not, recently it's been back to almost the original day antics. So, if they've taken everything away now, it'll be back eventually.
Maybe. Maybe not. Times, they are a-changing. Poking fun at people is no longer acceptable in polite society.

GlassHalfFull

I kinda read that as it may be becoming more of a disruption to wilderness lodges guests (staying there)

I could see how it could be distracting to the lobby area with the open restaurant

Amazing that in the 24 years the Lodge has existed they were still able to operate at or near full capacity if this restaurant was that big of a distraction. If it truly was that big of a distraction, there are other things they can do to dampen the sound like put up a wall with smaller openings toward the lobby, or sound dampeners in the ceiling for the rooms right above it.

Unless I am missing that it has become a hot spot for out of hand adult parties normally seen in Vegas... last I was there Whispering Canyon was no more out of hand, or loud than the other times I have even been there..

jaklgreen

I'm trying to think of who might object to the restaurant's tone and the waiters jokes:

- Convention guests or those on the DDP just looking for a meal at the hotel (or close to MK) and nothing more
- Foreign tourists who may not "get it"
- People offended at (or not wanting their children) being "made fun of"

The restaurant has a reputation, but I'm wondering if the location is seeing push-back from an increase in first-time visitors who may not know what they're getting into.

Either that or Disney wants tables turned over faster by doing fewer games and skits and just sticking to serving food.

The other question is, if this is true for WCC, how much longer does 50s Prime Time Cafe have left before they start making changes?

The offended are those who do not know how to laugh at themselves and get a stick up their behind whenever someone jokes with them. It is a lack of a self deprecating sense of humor. Our family has always loved WCC. We went every trip when the kids where young, not only for the fun atmosphere but for the skillet type meal. It was a good deal when the kids where young because they ate all of those foods and we enjoyed it as well. And as most of us know, there is a big difference in being "made fun of", and joking around. But I guess some people do not see that.

Rascal!

Hi All, I was reading a post on Facebook within a Disney Group that Whispering Canyon has gone to a quieter dining style and will not have the servers joking around with the guests in the fun ways that they used to. Has anyone else heard or seen anything about this? I cant think this will go over well, that was the whole point of eating there!!! Well that and the all you care to eat skillet!!! I loved the horse races around the restaurant, and of course needing some KETCHUP!!! Please tell me this isnt true!!! Marie

Joebradley62

Hi All, I was reading a post on Facebook within a Disney Group that Whispering Canyon has gone to a quieter dining style and will not have the servers joking around with the guests in the fun ways that they used to. Has anyone else heard or seen anything about this? I cant think this will go over well, that was the whole point of eating there!!! Well that and the all you care to eat skillet!!! I loved the horse races around the restaurant, and of course needing some KETCHUP!!! Please tell me this isnt true!!! Marie
My understanding is they can't throw napkins and straws at guests or guests table anymore. Ketchup is still in play.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom