Whispering Canyon Change

Hi All, I was reading a post on Facebook within a Disney Group that Whispering Canyon has gone to a quieter dining style and will not have the servers joking around with the guests in the fun ways that they used to. Has anyone else heard or seen anything about this? I cant think this will go over well, that was the whole point of eating there!!! Well that and the all you care to eat skillet!!! I loved the horse races around the restaurant, and of course needing some KETCHUP!!! Please tell me this isnt true!!! Marie
W
Hi All, I was reading a post on Facebook within a Disney Group that Whispering Canyon has gone to a quieter dining style and will not have the servers joking around with the guests in the fun ways that they used to. Has anyone else heard or seen anything about this? I cant think this will go over well, that was the whole point of eating there!!! Well that and the all you care to eat skillet!!! I loved the horse races around the restaurant, and of course needing some KETCHUP!!! Please tell me this isnt true!!! Marie
Well, sorry to say, we just returned home from Disney and all was quiet at Whispering Canyon. It’s true. They were to,d to stop the shenanigans. As it annoyed some diners. My thought was, well, don’t go eat there. It’s advertised as a rootin’ tootin’ fun place. But Disney caved to the whiners yet again.

SoupBone

W

Well, sorry to say, we just returned home from Disney and all was quiet at Whispering Canyon. It’s true. They were to,d to stop the shenanigans. As it annoyed some diners. My thought was, well, don’t go eat there. It’s advertised as a rootin’ tootin’ fun place. But Disney caved to the whiners yet again.

I was waiting for a few more to chime in, but I'm definitely canceling my upcoming trip in September, along with Whispering Canyon reservations. My vacations always have a built in backup plan, especially during hurricane season, so while I'm disappointed, I'll be in Hawaii instead of Disney now. I've threatened this before with my family trips, but this is it for me for a while. Too many unnecessary changes being made to things that made Disney fun and unique. Whispering Canyon has always been the favorite family pre-trip dinner spot and always served as a launching point of our vacation. It's a shame that a handful of whiners continue to ruin Disney Parks and make them vanilla and bland.

GlassHalfFull

W

I mean the website still says.. "For a rowdy, rootin’ tootin’ good time, round up the whole family for hearty western fare and antics aplenty. " I wonder when they get the first person to point out they didn't get the "antics aplenty" and demand a free meal..

Scuttle

W

Caved to these whiny baby complainers but they don’t listen to the legitimate complaints of added resort parking fees. Talk about a slap in the face.

GlassHalfFull

for the record.. if I say I am going to email someone.. then I do.. and I received a email response today about this change..

"Thank you for taking the time to respond to the news of changes at Whispering Canyon. Whispering Canyon Cafe is still a rootin' tootin' good time for the whole family, with plenty of antics. You may notice that we've asked our Cast Members to turn down the volume a bit in order to promote participation among all guests. There is still lots of silliness for you to enjoy.

Your feedback is very important to us, and we truly appreciate that you took the time to let us know your thoughts. It is through feedback, like yours, that we learn what we must do to ensure the Disney magic is preserved for everyone.

Once again, thank you for your honest feedback."

Not sure about the sentence that says they turned down the volume so more participation is enjoyed.. maybe it was too loud for people with sensory issues?

But I did want to let you guys know they are responding to emails about the changes.. my email to them simply stated I hope they don't attempt to make it another WDW table service without an experience..

GlassHalfFull

Stephen, I just now received the EXACT same response to my email. Totally canned.

It may be canned, but I was at least glad to hear they want participation from everyone... I'm thinking I may stage a coup next time we are there and get the whole restaurant to have a stick horse race around the place.. even if the staff isn't organizing it

Biff215

It's a shame that a handful of whiners continue to ruin Disney Parks and make them vanilla and bland.
I certainly hear what you’re saying, but I blame Disney, not the whiners, for any negative changes to WCC. There will always be complainers but it’s up to Disney to make the best decision for all guests. If they let the few influence changes after all this time, then shame on them.

Scuttle

Maybe they realized that resort parking fees were not legitimate complaints. Just people that wanted something for free!
That’s comedy. Again this isn’t a parcel of land in Manhattan. They have an abundance of land to lay slabs of cement.

As for this WCC move....

Show a little backbone TDO. (They certainly did when resort fee backlash started) The waiters weren’t yelling obscenities at children and scaring them. Who cares if you offend one or two people for every 1,000??? That’s not reasonable to change every other persons experience over a couple babies that have thin skin.

Lensman

fYou may notice that we've asked our Cast Members to turn down the volume a bit in order to promote participation among all guests. There is still lots of silliness for you to enjoy.
Interesting. So they don't mention anything about the reducing participation by hotel guests visiting in their nightclothes...

I agree that promoting participation by reducing volume is an odd take. It does imply that there is something specific about the volume. It's not totally implausible that this is the result of some actual study and thinking. Do some guests find the original high volume too intimidating?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom