Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I respectfully disagree that you can't find newsworthy items or stimulating discussions on the N&R forum. I don't have the time to read everything in N&R, or in General Discussions; but I have learned some very helpful information by reading those threads.

This is not to say that it can't be the Wild West shoot-out up there (sometimes on a daily basis! :eek: ) by a few rude people; but my point is that I always preview those threads, to extrapolate meaningful content. There's also quite a few dignified, knowledgeable forum members up in those threads, who generously share important news and tips.
And then someone shares it here, and it's all good.

Besides, Peter has a few detractors up there, who IMO, are unnecessarily harsh with him specifically.
He's better off here, with people who "get" his quirkiness.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Besides, Peter has a few detractors up there, who IMO, are unnecessarily harsh with him specifically.

Oh, I agree that some new developments definitely trickle down to this post. My point was that there's lots of good info. in various forums on the site, and by only reading just this one for updates, other good news might be missed. Even if someone chooses not to actively post up in N&R, etc., it's still (for the most part) a great forum to read.

Like yourself, I'm glad he enjoys posting in some of the Chit Chat forums. He keeps things lively! :)

The Mom

Premium Member
Howdy gang! :)

I know I need to go back and read, but, first, to some unfinished business regarding the other night...
After takin' a bit of a break and thinkin' about it for a while, I have decided to start a relationship with the like feature. :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)
Also, I think a bit of an explanation may be in order, for those interested, anyway.
By not giving any likes, I was not tryin' to be cute, different, a rebel, insensitive, ignore anybody, etc. And, as to that last part, I have never put anyone on ignore, anywhere, ever, not even for a second.
I have never had an FB page, so when all this first came to the other site I just kinda' sat back and observed. It was then that I first noticed people seeming to get all worked up about it. I just decided to stay out of all of that so nobody would ever need to wonder why I gave this person a like and not them. As so, if I didn't give any I never expected to get any and that was just fine by me. No harm, no foul. Probably a bit of overanylizing on my part, but... :confused:
So, when I joined here I just continued on the same track. Just that simple.
That being said, I have decided to go with it for a change 'cause, after all, how can I say I won't like it if I don't give it shot. :)

So, be prepared to get some likes from a guy who's never given them before...! :)

P.S. I'll go back to the other night to give the first two...! ;)

I am hesitant to give likes, because some people get nervous when they see an alert from me. ;)

The Mom

Premium Member
And that is why when we moved my kids in I always got a hotel room and away from campus. I'd take them shopping at night. Go get them, feed them in the morning and be on my way.

I never took most of their stuff home I put it in a local storage locker so it took a bit longer to haul all that stuff to their places.

Did that with my daughter, and my son's Sophomore year. Then he and some friends moved off campus, and rented the house year round. He was able to fly back and forth this year - so easy! I already told him that anything he moved up could stay (his old bed, a dresser, etc) We'll be doing a double trip for graduation. Some of us flying, some driving - with a truck.

PeterAlt

I respectfully disagree that you can't find newsworthy items or stimulating discussions on the N&R forum. I don't have the time to read everything in N&R, or in General Discussions; but I have learned some very helpful information by reading those threads.

This is not to say that it can't be the Wild West shoot-out up there (sometimes on a daily basis! :eek: ) by a few rude people; but my point is that I always preview those threads, to extrapolate meaningful content. There's also quite a few dignified, knowledgeable forum members up in those threads, who generously share important news and tips.
I didn't mean it as literally as you put it. I need to be careful in the future on how I word things. I was just saying I totally get why others here don't frequent those threads as often as some others do.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

I've seen that too with @PeterAlt too and a few other members. Some of which seem to "call in their Calgary" and form a posse, they seem to lurk for certain member to post anything and then "charge." Thankfully there are only a few Ring Leaders of this type of cyber bullying. But I'm in @MinnieM123 camp, I enjoy a topic, a healthy debate, different spins on topics. I also always read the Home Page postings of what they heck is happening in the World that have links to threads and I am hooked. Those threads are what drew me to the Disney Forums in the first place, info.

Gabe1

Did that with my daughter, and my son's Sophomore year. Then he and some friends moved off campus, and rented the house year round. He was able to fly back and forth this year - so easy! I already told him that anything he moved up could stay (his old bed, a dresser, etc) We'll be doing a double trip for graduation. Some of us flying, some driving - with a truck.

My DS moved apartments every single year, closer to the fun part of campus. :rolleyes: My DD stayed all 4 years in an all girls dorm that is 100 years old and as pretty as a mansion. 3 years she had a private room that was huge. It came with a desk, chair, bed, chest dresser. In her storage locker went so much. I bought an Ikea 5 shelve narrow book case and bought bins for it, fridge, micro, Keurig, 2 drawer night stand and lamp, Ikea classic chair Ottoman, area rug, light curtains to cover blinds, floor lamp a four drawer closet unit. When she packed there were about 7 large rubbermaid containers and 4 that came home (I didn't store bedding pillows etc or clothes.) I bought school hair driers, straighteners and all the sundries that always stayed at school. Nothing came back and forth. Now it is all downstairs still in labeled Rubbermaid containers and will have a good start on a place of her own someday.

I wish ya luck with that graduation thing. I did two trips too. My DS skipped graduation 'cause he graduated in Summer and didn't want to return in December for ceremony. My DD graduated early this past December, during a rain/snow storm. It was bitter sweet. Lots of pride, lots of smiles, lots of tears. Then lots more stuff hauled out of her dorm into the two SUVs. :eek:

Gabe1

We have stayed at POP 6 or 7 times, but are really looking forward to Coronado Springs this year.

After finally upgrading to a king sized bed two years ago, there's no way we could squeeze into a Value Resort double bed now.

I stayed at CS in 2012 when I went to visit my DS by myself. Being a CM reservation I was at the very farthest point from the lobby building. (note bathrooms just as you enter the convention wing are the best) Read Buzz's website, especially the thread on how to thwart the A/C setting and how to use the buses internally. Bring Tea bags. If you choose a building I'd go for one near bus stop #2 best of all worlds. The rooms are spacious as is the bathroom area and the sliding door for changing was a bonus on the nights my DS crashed in my resort room. It is an incredibly charming resort at night.

Gabe1

So I will be planning the dates we go on our annual WDW trip, but this will be the first one that daughter stays home for because of work and school. My son at first didn't want to go without her, and I don't either. :( But I think we are going to see if she can go for one of the two weeks we go. Fingers crossed.

I had a hard time telling my DD in 2012 while she was away at school that I was going to WDW. DH opted not to go as it was pretty spontaneous giving little time for him at work. She took it pretty well. We made up for that this year when we went for almost 2 weeks.

Gabe1

Yeah we stayed at Boardwalk one year and the room was huge. I hope our luggage liked it since it was in the room more than us. o_O It will most likely be just my son and me, so a value would do just fine. But now you got me thinking of a moderate. Port Orleans Riverside is one of my favorites. :inlove:

I have stayed at Deluxe rooms too but in the end it was a waste. We don't hang at the resorts often, mainly we are up and out and crash when we return and repeat. We generally do moderates.

PeterAlt

I've seen that too with @PeterAlt too and a few other members. Some of which seem to "call in their Calgary" and form a posse, they seem to lurk for certain member to post anything and then "charge." Thankfully there are only a few Ring Leaders of this type of cyber bullying. But I'm in @MinnieM123 camp, I enjoy a topic, a healthy debate, different spins on topics. I also always read the Home Page postings of what they heck is happening in the World that have links to threads and I am hooked. Those threads are what drew me to the Disney Forums in the first place, info.
Exactly! I could elaborate more on what you said, but I don't need to because from the wording of your post you know the rest and the people who this refers to. They have the audacity to say I'm a troll when in fact they are the trolls. Thanks for the post!

Gabe1

Exactly! I could elaborate more on what you said, but I don't need to because from the wording of your post you know the rest and the people who this refers to. They have the audacity to say I'm a troll when in fact they are the trolls. Thanks for the post!

You're welcome. :happy: I've sat on our Board of Education for many years. We have many courses we sit through at our conventions for all sorts of what is currently labeled as bullying, when I started it had different names. We now have School Policy for cyber everything. It has brought in a whole new dynamic for Student and amazingly Staff Code of Conduct into the schools. We receive new policy in a template and then have to rewrite it before we vote and pass the new policies and with Cyber it is always a continuing edit. Makes my head hurt.

donaldtoo

Did you look at the Wilderness Lodge offerings? They have a boat launch to MK so that wouldn't be bad. For some of our QS lunch meals we ate at the Contempo at the Contemporary. It was a good change from QS in the parks.

Tried Contempo on our last trip and liked it. Have enjoyed WCC at WL the 2 times we've had dinner there, as well.
And, the boat ride from MK and back is nice. :)

PeterAlt

Oh, I agree that some new developments definitely trickle down to this post. My point was that there's lots of good info. in various forums on the site, and by only reading just this one for updates, other good news might be missed. Even if someone chooses not to actively post up in N&R, etc., it's still (for the most part) a great forum to read.

Like yourself, I'm glad he enjoys posting in some of the Chit Chat forums. He keeps things lively! :)
Here's an example or what I'm talking about. Star Wars Land. Ever since Disney bought LucasFilm (which, by the way, was how many years ago?), there's been rumor after rumor of Star Wars Land coming to DHS. It's been common knowledge since the merger that Star Wars will have an increased presence at the parks and Iger even said the company has made a strategic decision to invest in Star Wars attractions at the domestic parks. He just hasn't said what, exactly where, and when. I'm not even sure Iger knew those details himself when he said that. Remember how long it took before Avatar broke ground? Star Wars is probably on the same timetable. Meanwhile, over the N&R threads, there are people here who claim to "know" exactly these details, only to change their mind to "know" something different entirely.

Meanwhile, Comcast has committed billions of dollars for new attractions, to rehab old ones, buy more land, build more hotels, a water park, and third gate theme park for Universal's domestic resorts and parks.

Meanwhile, EPCOT Center is in really bad shape and getting worse.

Meanwhile, the EPCOT monorail is in bad shape. Meanwhile, Comcast has built a people mover connected the two USO theme parks. Meanwhile, Comcast has plans to build a monorail to the future third park.

I'm sure Disney knows they can't do nothing and get away with it. They must be planning things so they won't fall behind. It just takes years for them to figure out what they are going to do and finally announce something.

It's just logical. And you don't need to hear rumor after rumor to see what needs to be done and what will probably eventually get done!

donaldtoo

Look at the Garden Grill menu. I think there have been recent changes to that meal too.

As a back up? Coral Reef. My DD doesn't eat fish and liked both their vegetarian meal and steak. Me I love eating all Little Nemo's friends. Love Fishes.

We've never done Garden Grill but have eaten Sunshine seasons many times.
Coral Reef is another 2 time dinner for us. Back in '07, I had a shrimp fettuccini in a sun dried tomato Alfredo sauce that was so darn good and plentiful I saved half for a late night snack! :hungry:
The mahi mahi I had in '12 wasn't quite as awesome, but, still darn good enough. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom