Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterAlt

My only issues with these kind of threads are people who take everything too personal.
Also on the complete opposite side.. people who just want to annoy for the hell of annoy (like lying about being an insider or just trolling)

The first issue is pretty usual in certain members of the forum. Who can get quite aggressive.
And that is a huge issue when trying to discuss something as open as news and rumors.
Makes look like the forum is hostile for newer users.
That said, the people who understand what I was saying understand and those who don't will probably never understand. We can now change the subject to something positive...

Two more days!!!!!!!!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
When are you going? And why have we not heard every juicy detail?
Heck, I even had y'all weigh in on my flight choices.

I think you're holding out on us. Dish!

haha..it has been in my signature for a while now. We are going September 28th. Staying at CBR which I have not stayed at since like 1993/4. This is actually the first time my DW and I are going with another couple. We have been going together just the 2 of us for the last 6 years or so.

Looking forward to MNSSHP on the day we arrive. :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Tried Contempo on our last trip and liked it. Have enjoyed WCC at WL the 2 times we've had dinner there, as well.
And, the boat ride from MK and back is nice. :)

I've come to like the boats to the MK better than monorail and it tends to be quicker as you have a block walk to the MK platform, providing the weather is cooperating. Though this Spring there were full working crews on the Poly floating condo units that were not exactly tranquil for the first portion of the commute.

The more Disney messes with the monorail operating hours (and I see they just did again) I wish they would also offer a launch from the resorts to the TTC to catch the Epcot Monorail. I can dream.

Gabe1

We've never done Garden Grill but have eaten Sunshine seasons many times.
Coral Reef is another 2 time dinner for us. Back in '07, I had a shrimp fettuccini in a sun dried tomato Alfredo sauce that was so darn good and plentiful I saved half for a late night snack! :hungry:
The mahi mahi I had in '12 wasn't quite as awesome, but, still darn good enough. :)

I think DD and I did QS 3 times at Sunshine Seasons. We go for comfort food but their desserts are among the best if not the best on property for QS meals. I've been going to Coral pretty much since the Seas opened. When they converted the pavilion to Nemo and Friends the Coral tanked too. But now, partly because of the immediate access to so many sights and reviews their quality and service has returned. Considering we did 2 week trips for almost 2 decades I am surprised we never ate at the Garden Grill. The menu just never did anything for me and the idea of being on the turn table that brought you face to face with guests in the pavilion while dining didn't do much for me ambiance wise. Plus it is 'spensive for what it is.

Edit: I am soooo over sun dried tomatoes :in pain:

Gabe1

Yep, LOVE the atmosphere inside the Mexico pavilion. Have never eaten at San Angel Inn, though. We have plenty of Mexican/Tex-Mex down here, and, as you mentioned, mixed reviews.
I'm also a huge fan of fish tacos, but, I much more prefer them with fried fish, instead of grilled, as some now prepare them.

Mexico is one of my favorite buildings, we use to use it also as a rain dodge when the kids were small. Beyond the great offerings I like that it was all indoors, giving ya a break from the heat or rain. The one thing I do miss is the large open air market inside. There is still some stuff however nothing like it use to be.

And I'd like my Fish Taco's to be grilled or broiled please. I love fried fish however these days as I age, they don't like me so much anymore, especially if it is night or I'm going to be out in the heat.

Goofyernmost

You're not understanding what I was trying to get at. This post has nothing to do with my opinion of management, or my opinions of what I think should be done or shouldn't be done. I was talking about the threads under rumors and why they are turning some people away. Because that's what we are discussing here. You can't have a conversation about those threads in those threads because the people in those threads generally don't see a problem there, or they wouldn't be actively involved there.

The point I was making is that there's really no news (for the most part). People who claim to know anything that's not the rumor of the day are bullied and humiliated. One of the points a I was trying to make was that by looking at what the competition is doing and the state of Disney's theme parks, you can easily predict what the company could be doing. That is more accurate than all the continuously changing rumors concerning Star Wars Land, which Iger himself probably didn't know yet what the details were but somehow people know more than he does, and anyone saying differently is automatically chastised and bullied on. Truth be told, there are other projects Disney is probably more concerned about right now,
such as the deterioration of EPCOT, but that has nothing to do with Star Wars Land so people are bullied not to talk about that project because the bullies who "know everything" won't let it.
No Peter, I understand completely, but, what I'm trying to tell you is this isn't the place for that discussion. A simple, yea, there really isn't much news in those threads, which is true, would be sufficient. Just don't turn this "fun" thread into a Peter is a martyr thread. No one has made an effort to put you down here. It's like a we don't care where you came from, welcome in and join in the fun. You should never feel the need to defend yourself about other threads here. That's all I'm saying. You want a fresh start, go for it! Reply to or start your own discussions, but, don't make them strictly about Disney, OK? What happened on the bus, what article of clothing your dog ate, what your knucklehead son (in some cases) did today, all OK. Hardly anyone crashes heads on those threads more then I do, but, I almost never carry it over into this one. This is our hideaway.

PeterAlt

The first hostel I booked was a truly unique one. One that got the best overall rating, it's called PodShare. For someone single like myself looking for adventure, this was something I just had to reserve. Located right off of Hollywood Boulevard and near a subway station, for $50 a night (including tons of free stuff like food), I will be staying here Wednesday and Thursday nights. Let the pictures speak for themselves!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

donaldtoo

I think DD and I did QS 3 times at Sunshine Seasons. We go for comfort food but their desserts are among the best if not the best on property for QS meals. I've been going to Coral pretty much since the Seas opened. When they converted the pavilion to Nemo and Friends the Coral tanked too. But now, partly because of the immediate access to so many sights and reviews their quality and service has returned. Considering we did 2 week trips for almost 2 decades I am surprised we never ate at the Garden Grill. The menu just never did anything for me and the idea of being on the turn table that brought you face to face with guests in the pavilion while dining didn't do much for me ambiance wise. Plus it is 'spensive for what it is.

Edit: I am soooo over sun dried tomatoes :in pain:

Yep, have never had bad food at SS.

Oooo...! I will always love me some sun dried tomatoes. :hungry:

BTW, here's my SS Mickey Whoopie Pie from our last trip... :)

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom