Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldtoo

Yeah, I think I'm sold.
Hubby loves fish tacos. There aren't many places around here that serve them.
And, I've always wanted to eat here just for the ambience.

Yep, LOVE the atmosphere inside the Mexico pavilion. Have never eaten at San Angel Inn, though. We have plenty of Mexican/Tex-Mex down here, and, as you mentioned, mixed reviews.
I'm also a huge fan of fish tacos, but, I much more prefer them with fried fish, instead of grilled, as some now prepare them.

Goofyernmost

Here's an example or what I'm talking about. Star Wars Land. Ever since Disney bought LucasFilm (which, by the way, was how many years ago?), there's been rumor after rumor of Star Wars Land coming to DHS. It's been common knowledge since the merger that Star Wars will have an increased presence at the parks and Iger even said the company has made a strategic decision to invest in Star Wars attractions at the domestic parks. He just hasn't said what, exactly where, and when. I'm not even sure Iger knew those details himself when he said that. Remember how long it took before Avatar broke ground? Star Wars is probably on the same timetable. Meanwhile, over the N&R threads, there are people here who claim to "know" exactly these details, only to change their mind to "know" something different entirely.

Meanwhile, Comcast has committed billions of dollars for new attractions, to rehab old ones, buy more land, build more hotels, a water park, and third gate theme park for Universal's domestic resorts and parks.

Meanwhile, EPCOT Center is in really bad shape and getting worse.

Meanwhile, the EPCOT monorail is in bad shape. Meanwhile, Comcast has built a people mover connected the two USO theme parks. Meanwhile, Comcast has plans to build a monorail to the future third park.

I'm sure Disney knows they can't do nothing and get away with it. They must be planning things so they won't fall behind. It just takes years for them to figure out what they are going to do and finally announce something.

It's just logical. And you don't need to hear rumor after rumor to see what needs to be done and what will probably eventually get done!

Don't mean to sound like I'm picking on you Peter, but, two things.

First and foremost this is exactly the kind of thing that we don't discuss in WITWIBS. It is light hearted and not based on current conditions in any Disney Parks, personal life are OK, but not the current management decisions of Theme Park operators. Yes, occasionally a snide remark, but, no attempts to sway opinions or even attempt to have a sincere discussion. That needs to be in either General or Rumors, etc. or start a different thread. (note I didn't say thraed)

Second that question about LucasFilm... unless I have fallen asleep for a long period of time, that happened less then a year ago, didn't it? What's the hurry, it's not going anywhere.

Cesar R M

Now, if Teppan Edo also served Lapu Lapus...! :hungry: ;) :)
I swear I misread lapu lapus as lupus lupus.. then Dr. House rang on my mind..
YPODd6q.gif

donaldtoo

Yeah we stayed at Boardwalk one year and the room was huge. I hope our luggage liked it since it was in the room more than us. o_O It will most likely be just my son and me, so a value would do just fine. But now you got me thinking of a moderate. Port Orleans Riverside is one of my favorites. :inlove:

Sounds like us. We pretty much only use the resort as a place to crash and clean up.
Can't go wrong with POR. Our favorite, so far... ;) :)

PeterAlt

Don't mean to sound like I'm picking on you Peter, but, two things.

First and foremost this is exactly the kind of thing that we don't discuss in WITWIBS. It is light hearted and not based on current conditions in any Disney Parks, personal life are OK, but not the current management decisions of Theme Park operators. Yes, occasionally a snide remark, but, no attempts to sway opinions or even attempt to have a sincere discussion. That needs to be in either General or Rumors, etc. or start a different thread. (note I didn't say thraed)

Second that question about LucasFilm... unless I have fallen asleep for a long period of time, that happened less then a year ago, didn't it? What's the hurry, it's not going anywhere.
You're not understanding what I was trying to get at. This post has nothing to do with my opinion of management, or my opinions of what I think should be done or shouldn't be done. I was talking about the threads under rumors and why they are turning some people away. Because that's what we are discussing here. You can't have a conversation about those threads in those threads because the people in those threads generally don't see a problem there, or they wouldn't be actively involved there.

The point I was making is that there's really no news (for the most part). People who claim to know anything that's not the rumor of the day are bullied and humiliated. One of the points a I was trying to make was that by looking at what the competition is doing and the state of Disney's theme parks, you can easily predict what the company could be doing. That is more accurate than all the continuously changing rumors concerning Star Wars Land, which Iger himself probably didn't know yet what the details were but somehow people know more than he does, and anyone saying differently is automatically chastised and bullied on. Truth be told, there are other projects Disney is probably more concerned about right now,
such as the deterioration of EPCOT, but that has nothing to do with Star Wars Land so people are bullied not to talk about that project because the bullies who "know everything" won't let it.

Cesar R M

You're not understanding what I was trying to get at. This post has nothing to do with my opinion of management, or my opinions of what I think should be done or shouldn't be done. I was talking about the threads under rumors and why they are turning some people away. Because that's what we are discussing here. You can't have a conversation about those threads in those threads because the people in those threads generally don't see a problem there, or they wouldn't be actively involved there.

The point I was making is that there's really no news (for the most part). People who claim to know anything that's not the rumor of the day are bullied and humiliated. One of the points a I was trying to make was that by looking at what the competition is doing and the state of Disney's theme parks, you can easily predict what the company could be doing. That is more accurate than all the continuously changing rumors concerning Star Wars Land, which Iger himself probably didn't know yet what the details were but somehow people know more than he does, and anyone saying differently is automatically chastised and bullied on. Truth be told, there are other projects Disney is probably more concerned about right now,
such as the deterioration of EPCOT, but that has nothing to do with Star Wars Land so people are bullied not to talk about that project because the bullies who "know everything" won't let it.
My only issues with these kind of threads are people who take everything too personal.
Also on the complete opposite side.. people who just want to annoy for the hell of annoy (like lying about being an insider or just trolling)

The first issue is pretty usual in certain members of the forum. Who can get quite aggressive.
And that is a huge issue when trying to discuss something as open as news and rumors.
Makes look like the forum is hostile for newer users.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

This just isn't the place for any kind of serious Disney discussion.

Or have you not figured that part out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom