Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I'm beginning to be like @StarWarsGirl95 who told me a while ago that she stopped going into the news threads... Haven't been in there today or yesterday and not a whole lot recently.

Isn't it ridiculous to spend all that time reading those threads only to find out there really isn't anything news worthy or the news you do learn about is wrong?

Better to get the news, when it's real, over here - as I know you all will be discussing it if it's real...

Anything newsworthy today or yesterday? Just let me know when these things are either announced, announced that they are going to be announced, or leaked via public document filing. Otherwise, there really isn't any news - let alone news that's material for discussion! Right?
A-men!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Howdy gang! :)

I know I need to go back and read, but, first, to some unfinished business regarding the other night...
After takin' a bit of a break and thinkin' about it for a while, I have decided to start a relationship with the like feature. :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)
Also, I think a bit of an explanation may be in order, for those interested, anyway.
By not giving any likes, I was not tryin' to be cute, different, a rebel, insensitive, ignore anybody, etc. And, as to that last part, I have never put anyone on ignore, anywhere, ever, not even for a second.
I have never had an FB page, so when all this first came to the other site I just kinda' sat back and observed. It was then that I first noticed people seeming to get all worked up about it. I just decided to stay out of all of that so nobody would ever need to wonder why I gave this person a like and not them. As so, if I didn't give any I never expected to get any and that was just fine by me. No harm, no foul. Probably a bit of overanylizing on my part, but... :confused:
So, when I joined here I just continued on the same track. Just that simple.
That being said, I have decided to go with it for a change 'cause, after all, how can I say I won't like it if I don't give it shot. :)

So, be prepared to get some likes from a guy who's never given them before...! :)

P.S. I'll go back to the other night to give the first two...! ;)

Eloquently stated Sir!

As I said before I never have had a FB page either, too complicated for my life and especially being an elected official. I too have never put anyone on ignore, here or anywhere else. I'm not saying I don't choose to ignore people the old fashioned way, in thought and then I can moving forward. We don't always agree, understatement, but I've never held a grudge and get on with it. Much like life off the social network.

Not doing FB I was late to the party with likes. It has taken me a while to learn about likes here vs other places and even in different areas of this forum. I remember asking about a month ago where our friends in this thread were getting their statistics for 'like' ranking. I was pointed to a whole section of the sight that I never saw before. Go figure.

Then this week as I was feeling badly for your situation of a few days ago I started looking around the threads of the chit chat area looking at the 'likes' to figure out what the rules were of 'liking' that brought all this about and to a head a few days ago. The patterns of who liked what was a head scratcher to me. I was different, I always 'liked' a post that I really liked, didn't matter if I liked the person or not, I 'liked' it if it was good. I for the most part never 'liked' anything snarky as I usually find that snarky tends to make many uncomfortable. I also have to skim pages of posts at times and I may inadvertently miss 'liking' something I might have actually liked. I've also been known to somehow miss a page or loose my place and skip some post unintentionally. I until this week never kept tabs on who was beating who in the 'like' department and I never felt snubbed by posts that didn't get 'liked' by someone here.
I've learned this week that 'likes' are very important to some and that has been duly noted. I always try and acknowledge a flood of likes as it is a very nice gesture. Anyways I'm glad you are back and I LIKED you even though you were not 'liking' me back. ;)

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Eloquently stated Sir!

As I said before I never have had a FB page either, too complicated for my life and especially being an elected official. I too have never put anyone on ignore, here or anywhere else. I'm not saying I don't choose to ignore people the old fashioned way, in thought and then I can moving forward. We don't always agree, understatement, but I've never held a grudge and get on with it. Much like life off the social network.

Not doing FB I was late to the party with likes. It has taken me a while to learn about likes here vs other places and even in different areas of this forum. I remember asking about a month ago where our friends in this thread were getting their statistics for 'like' ranking. I was pointed to a whole section of the sight that I never saw before. Go figure.

Then this week as I was feeling badly for your situation of a few days ago I started looking around the threads of the chit chat area looking at the 'likes' to figure out what the rules were of 'liking' that brought all this about and to a head a few days ago. The patterns of who liked what was a head scratcher to me. I was different, I always 'liked' a post that I really liked, didn't matter if I liked the person or not, I 'liked' it if it was good. I for the most part never 'liked' anything snarky as I usually find that snarky tends to make many uncomfortable. I also have to skim pages of posts at times and I may inadvertently miss 'liking' something I might have actually liked. I've also been known to somehow miss a page or loose my place and skip some post unintentionally. I until this week never kept tabs on who was beating who in the 'like' department and I never felt snubbed by posts that didn't get 'liked' by someone here.
I've learned this week that 'likes' are very important to some and that has been duly noted. I always try and acknowledge a flood of likes as it is a very nice gesture. Anyways I'm glad you are back and I LIKED you even though you were not 'liking' me back. ;)
Yeah. What she said.

Making tea. Who wants one?

donaldtoo

Eloquently stated Sir!

Thanks, Gabe! :)

And...
WOW!!! Simply amazing!!!
Pretty much all the other points I thought about and wanted to include in my post, but, it would have taken me a week to do so :confused: ;), you just included and summed up in yours...!!! :)

Again, pretty amazing, and thanks! :)

StarWarsGirl

I'm beginning to be like @StarWarsGirl95 who told me a while ago that she stopped going into the news threads... Haven't been in there today or yesterday and not a whole lot recently.

Isn't it ridiculous to spend all that time reading those threads only to find out there really isn't anything news worthy or the news you do learn about is wrong?

Better to get the news, when it's real, over here - as I know you all will be discussing it if it's real...

Anything newsworthy today or yesterday? Just let me know when these things are either announced, announced that they are going to be announced, or leaked via public document filing. Otherwise, there really isn't any news - let alone news that's material for discussion! Right?
*nods in agreement* I don't have the time, energy, or patience to keep up over there. I usually stay in Chit Chat or wander into General discussion. Sometimes I'll wander into other sections as well. News and Rumors I usually go into, look around, and then back away slowly. Hardly ever post there, let alone visit. The important news is usually on the home page.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Thanks, Gabe! :)

And...
WOW!!! Simply amazing!!!
Pretty much all the other points I thought about and wanted to include in my post, but, it would have taken me a week to do so :confused: ;), you just included and summed up in yours...!!! :)

Again, pretty amazing, and thanks! :)

{{{HUGS}}} and thanks for all the 'likes' this evening a few of you have been doling out. :happy:

Last edited:

seahawk7

You are right, likes, followers, friends all add up to sponsorships for businesses. A major Blogger Convention just ended in Texas a couple days ago and most of which were professional bloggers. But it isn't any different than the days of radio or TV plugging products.

When blogs came out I thought they were interesting. Now I tend to bore with them. Vlogs just irate me.
I agree. I used to follow a lot of WDW vloggers but now they get on my nerves. Especially after seeing them vlog in the parks. Vlog, hmmm, doesn't that sound like it is something Germans do?

Cesar R M

Well I did not know that. I learned something today.
thats-a-man-baby-austin-powers.jpg

sorry, had to say it XD

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom