Where do Disneyphiles work?

diddy_mouse

I'm a retail manager....nothing glamorous. I really want to get out of this industry and work in an office, mainly because I've been playing the retail game for the better part of 10 years.

I have a B.A. in Communication and originally wanted to be a journalist. I still like to write (especially about traveling to Disney) But what I really want to do as a career is get into the medical field.

I would love to be a Radiologic Technician and then specialize. I know school is involved but I'm excited at the potential of learning something completely foreign to what I went to school for. :)

Mammymouse

I'm a Licensed Veterinary Technician. Animals have always been so close to my heart. It's a very emotionally charged job at times but so very rewarding :)

Thanks to all you kind hearted souls for all you do for our animals. We just had to put down our 17 year old cat and really appreciated the care and understanding the Staff had for her.

wedway71

I am currently a Retail Marketing Consultant. I work with a group of 16 Retailers and design and execute Marketing and Merchandising Programs. I also help them with other various issues such as Logistics, Advertising, and Customer Service.

Before that, I was in Management with such companies as Coca Cola, Meijer, and Target. I held positions such as Human Resources Director, Store Director, and Area Sales Manager.

I have a Degree in Organizational Management with a Minor in Marketing.

Of course my future job.... see below!!!

Enderikari

Office Manager & PA in Therapy Department @ Birmingham Children's Hospital and we have lots of disney drawings/paintings around the hospital and within our waiting area we have lots of disney DVD's for patients to watch - needless to say i can often be found in that area - was watching Cars earlier today :sohappy:

Hey cool! You guys are the primary beneficiary of my Child's Play donations every year.

I do have kind of a dream job, I get paid for riding rides and eating food at the most magical place on earth, but keep it under your hat

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm 13 but I do have a job! :king:

I'm an actor, my family does 2 different kinds of show-touring.

1. We go into schools and teach kids how to be in shows then the kids perform the show (Me running the sound system and microphones).. and 2., me, my sister, my dad and my mom perform family cabarets in schools, country clubs and retirement centers. I make 6$ per show/workshop whether it's in the schools or me onstage. I don't care how much I'm payed because if we go on a Disney cruise and a trip to WDW at least once a year, that fits me quite well!

I've been in the following plays: Oliver Twist, The Ransom of Redchief, A Christmas Carol, The Wizard of Oz, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and I'm starting on Romeo and Juliet this summer.

I player Oliver in Oliver Twist. I played Ezekiel (the pathetic guy) in The Ransom of Redchief. I played Tiny Tim, a thief and a homeless guy in A Christmas Carol. I played the Tin Man and a Munchkin in the Wizard of Oz. I played the Prince and Gaston in Beauty and the Beast. I played Aladdin in Aladdin. I'll play Romeo in Romeo and Juliet.

Our cabaret shows are different, we change outfits throughout the show playing different parts. Like in the Beauty and the Beast, I played the prince in the beginning and end of the show. In the middle I change into Gaston's outfit and play Gaston as my Mom plays The Beast.

www.baillieplayers.com :D:sohappy::D

liloohana

So amazing reading the vast scope of jobs people hold....it really shows you the brilliance of Walt-how he truly created a magical place for all types of people to enjoy!! I love WDW!!!

I'm a pastry chef that dreams of someday relocating to Florida (maybe after my children are grown) and working for Disney!! My 12 year old daughter has been greatly influenced by Disney, and my career. She's actually working on a school project designing a business, and she chose to combine her two favorite loves-Disney and pastry!! It's so much fun to watch her create a Disney themed bakery and the whimsical desserts, decor, and marketing it would involve.

Boba Fett

I'm active duty U.S. Navy, currently forward deployed overseas. I'd rather not discuss my rate and current duty, being its operationally sensitive. And no I am not a SEAL or part of any Team...

Thanks to all the members on here who post insightful, comical and informing discussions about WDW. I am somewhat new to the Boards but checking up on this site everyday or so keeps me up to date with the happenings at WDW while unfortunately I am overseas. It is amazing how you all know so much!!

Hopefully I come home next month and can head straight to WDW so I can ride Star Tours 2.0 at least 20 times in my next visit! And we have a first-time Disneyland trip planned as well.

Sarabell

I have a degree in advertising. Never found a job on that field so I ended up working at a hotel. I will be unmployed in 2 weeks, but getting laid off has nothing to do with me being on this forum all day, it´s just due to downsizing :lookaroun

I actually got to love working in the hotel bussiness. I had a guest who works in WDW parks last year but I only found out after he left. I would´ve loved to talk to him about Disney because I don´t get to do it with anyone at my office. No Disney lovers there, but it´s mainly because probably none of them will ever have the chance to be a WDW because they can´t afford to even get a visa to go to the US. Really sad.

I´ve also been a WDW trip planner (for myself pretty much) for the last 3 years, but only because we haven´t been able to go, so I always have to update everything. Hopefully I´ll quit this job in September because I´ll be too bussy actually taking the trip :D

Lunamis

Hotels....just a front desk agent atm but working my way up the chain.

Disney definitely influenced my decision...I studied hospitality management with the dream of working in the resorts one day. Now that I'm married and my husband would not want to move to FL, that may not happen but I still get to involve my love for travel and good service in my daily job.

Maybe one day though I'll be the GM at AKL:eek:

IWorkWTeeth

I'm a Registered Dental Assistant in an orthodontic office and the OSHA coordinator. I'm also working on becomming and Outside agent selling, what......? Disney Vacations!!! :ROFLOL:

inluvwithbeast

I am the Associate Athletic Ticket Manager at a Division 1 university in Oklahoma. So while I work in academia, I am on the side that faculty typically hate!

My father was an OK State alumnus. :wave:
But I have to admit I've always been a Sooners fan.

Boomer!

I'm a ... student. Majoring in industrial engineering. Can you tell what school? Lol. It was my dream to work for WDI as an industrial engineer, but I'll probably end up working logistics for some retail company or something with the energy industry. Jobs-aplenty here in that field.

My job is at a retail chain that was originally an outdoor outfitters. Our founder patented the down jacket. :) We also outfit expeditions, notably Jim Whittaker on an Everest expedition and the Summit on the Summit climb of Mt. Kilimanjaro.

MrsHarvie08

I'm an inpatient coder for a large hospital in South Carolina. My husband is a land surveyor who typically spends most of his time out of town on business trips. He makes excellent money, but I feel guilty that he has to spend so much time on the road. I don't allow him to spend a dime from his paychecks on our Disney trips. I work about 5 - 10 hours of overtime each week (or as often as possible) to pay for our annual trip to WDW.

ElvisMickey

I've been with Verizon Wireless for 16 years. Started in the mailroom right out of high school. Today I work in Payroll. My department pays EVERYONE who works for Verizon and Verizon Wireless across the country. So if any of you ever have a problem with a Verizon/VW employee, let me know their name and I'll make sure they don't get paid. :p

Also worked part time at the Disney Store in Bridgewater, NJ for about 7 years. Great perks!

mickeysshoes

I've been with Verizon Wireless for 16 years. Started in the mailroom right out of high school. Today I work in Payroll. My department pays EVERYONE who works for Verizon and Verizon Wireless across the country. So if any of you ever have a problem with a Verizon/VW employee, let me know their name and I'll make sure they don't get paid. :p

Also worked part time at the Disney Store in Bridgewater, NJ for about 7 years. Great perks!

Can you give my Verizon Wireless guy a bouns?? He is great and helps me with everything I need!!! :lol:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Art Director (managing graphic designer) for a the aerospace and defense division of a multinational technology company.

Also, graduate student in advertising (pending successful defense of thesis), freelance graphic designer/advertising consultant, and 25% owner of a bar in San Juan's historic district. And every 4 years, I involve myself somehow in mudfli... err, politics. Not because I really care either way, but because it keeps me sharp with my advertising skills.

Two fun tidbits.

#1- The company I work for full time is a major supplier to Disney, and a consultant on several attractions.

#2- The bar I part own was a regular hangout for the Pirates 4 cast/crew

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom