Where do Disneyphiles work?

dopeylove

I have worked for the Associated Press for over 23 years at the administrative level. My first 8 1/2 years were with AP in NY and the last 14 1/2 have been in sunny, South Florida.

My husband is a full time rec ball/high school/college umpire who has done several tournaments throughout the years at Disney's Wide World of Sports.

No Disney freaks at work, but thank GOD he and I both are!

tmm7899

I own a small insurance company that deals with supplemental insurance. Not exactly what I went to college for but it pays my bills and I am happy. :)

Spike-in-Berlin

I am an architect and at the moment I am working as a tour guide in Berlin, for example in the Olympic Stadium. I try to bring some elements of CM-courtesy into my tours, e.g. I end my English tours with "and have a magical day".
I am also very interested in theme park design and studied the parks in WDW from the professional point of view too.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I am an architect and at the moment I am working as a tour guide in Berlin, for example in the Olympic Stadium. I try to bring some elements of CM-courtesy into my tours, e.g. I end my English tours with "and have a magical day".
I am also very interested in theme park design and studied the parks in WDW from the professional point of view too.

I once dropped a salmon in the Olympic Pool one Dec evening, it froze that night and Im told the salmon stayed there all winter.

Spike-in-Berlin

Close, British airman visiting Brixmis.

Well that can be possible. I have seen the pool over several winter seasons with such a huge icecover that it sometimes survived far into april. They keep the pools filled over winter before the ice is a good protection for the tiles.
So if you throw in something before the first freezing days it is possible that it stays there for months until spring finally melts the ice away.
Must have been before 1994, I hope you liked Berlin. It has changed a lot since then, not all changes are positive however.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Well that can be possible. I have seen the pool over several winter seasons with such a huge icecover that it sometimes survived far into april. They keep the pools filled over winter before the ice is a good protection for the tiles.
So if you throw in something before the first freezing days it is possible that it stays there for months until spring finally melts the ice away.
Must have been before 1994, I hope you liked Berlin. It has changed a lot since then, not all changes are positive however.

Berlin is my favourite city. I have been fortunate enough to visit several times. Nothing compared to my first trip through Check Point Charlie. Or the days of the military train travelling through the East.

I agree that rejuvenated Berlin has lost some of the mystique of the Cold War era, but it is a fascinating city, and I love the diverse architecture.

Favourite all time gig was Genesis in 87 (????), truly amazing atmosphere, with riots being reported across the wall as people gathered to listen.

Pippa

I'm an inpatient coder for a large hospital in South Carolina. My husband is a land surveyor who typically spends most of his time out of town on business trips. He makes excellent money, but I feel guilty that he has to spend so much time on the road. I don't allow him to spend a dime from his paychecks on our Disney trips. I work about 5 - 10 hours of overtime each week (or as often as possible) to pay for our annual trip to WDW.

I'm a coder too!!!

Jimmy Thick

Proud Marine for the first part of my life, then proud father and husband, now for the past 17 years proud Police Officer in the state of Wisconsin.

Jimmy Thick-No, you won't talk your way out of a ticket...

scbb11Sketch

I'm an industrial designer, and currently I am a model maker. I make prototypes and visual models for some of the largest electronics and housewares companies in the world. And I have my own side business of designing my posters!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I'm an industrial designer, and currently I am a model maker. I make prototypes and visual models for some of the largest electronics and housewares companies in the world. And I have my own side business of designing my posters!
Oh wow, that's quite cool. What tools do you work with?

One of my tasks for my employer is concept art, so I work hand in hand with our Industrial Designers for those.

enchanted_belle

File clerk at a civil law firm until I finish college... I'm working on a degree in elementary education, so the moment I finish school, it's packing up the car and moving to Orlando. Then it's working at Disney, working in any school I can find, and going to grad school at UCF for biology. :sohappy:

jlevis

I'm a retired medical photographer and I photographed surgeries, autopsies and produced photos for publication in journals. I had a cover on Science long ago taken during an autopsy of an Egyptian mummy. My wife is the manager of a laboratory that does tissue typing, e.g. matches organ donors and recipients.

Herky

I am a comprehensive ophthalmologist/eye surgeon, with an emphasis on cataract, glaucoma, and plastic surgery. My wife does OB/GYN.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom