Where do Disneyphiles work?

mrsdanalind

Movie theater... I grew up on Disney, whether is was Uncle Walt, Disneyland or finally Disney World. My Husband of 37 years is as much a Disneyphile as I am and we've raised three kids to be disneyphiles. Now we are working on the third generation of Disney Fanatics.

PhilharMagician

Art Director (managing graphic designer) for a the aerospace and defense division of a multinational technology company.

Also, graduate student in advertising (pending successful defense of thesis), freelance graphic designer/advertising consultant, and 25% owner of a bar in San Juan's historic district. And every 4 years, I involve myself somehow in mudfli... err, politics. Not because I really care either way, but because it keeps me sharp with my advertising skills.

Two fun tidbits.

#1- The company I work for full time is a major supplier to Disney, and a consultant on several attractions.

#2- The bar I part own was a regular hangout for the Pirates 4 cast/crew

You part owner of a bar? Now there's trouble. :lookaroun:D

ChrisQ

I'm in sales for a cellular agent, but that's my "day job." By night, I'm a freelance writer and practically a volunteer WDW travel agent.

ChrisQ

I've been with Verizon Wireless for 16 years. Started in the mailroom right out of high school. Today I work in Payroll. My department pays EVERYONE who works for Verizon and Verizon Wireless across the country. So if any of you ever have a problem with a Verizon/VW employee, let me know their name and I'll make sure they don't get paid. :p

Thank God I work for a VZW indirect agent! :ROFLOL:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hey cool! You guys are the primary beneficiary of my Child's Play donations every year.

I do have kind of a dream job, I get paid for riding rides and eating food at the most magical place on earth, but keep it under your hat

Good to see you still around! :wave:

BrittanyRose428

I work at Staples as a cashier/office supplies associate :D We actually have an easy tech at one of the stores I work at who loves Disney also so I'm not the only one :]

mrsdanalind

Professional

Seeing all you professionals here is gonna give a complex to this guy who merely works in the frozen foods department at Walmart! :ROFLOL:

WHO ME???? :dazzle:I don't think so, ask my kids. I run a movie theater, and mostly dress in jeans and tee shirt with Mickey or one of the disney characters on it. Most of my customers would be shocked to see me dressed like a business person:ROFLOL:

mrsdanalind

LOL - well said! I was going to comment that I think the IT field has contact with some of the most "interesting" humans....even if you work remotely, as I did for almost 3 years - I still had to have daily contact with the main office, even if it was via email or IM or phone.

My husband manages a movie theater and I'm a psychologist by profession. We both are disney fanatics, we've raised three kids to be disney fans and are working on the third generation of disney... and the beat goes on.

stargrl33

I work at a stationery company. I sit in a cubicle all day and type up/design wedding invitations. Sometimes I get to work on weddings that are held at Disney World and that is usually the highlight of my week.:ROFLOL:

redshoesrock

Former Disney castmember (I'll probably end up working there again seasonally or part-time), current graduate student in Classics, currently writing my master's thesis about Alcibiades (interesting guy - might of been a psychopath).

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!

MoUsE_DrOpPings

I've been with Verizon Wireless for 16 years. Started in the mailroom right out of high school. Today I work in Payroll. My department pays EVERYONE who works for Verizon and Verizon Wireless across the country. So if any of you ever have a problem with a Verizon/VW employee, let me know their name and I'll make sure they don't get paid. :p

Also worked part time at the Disney Store in Bridgewater, NJ for about 7 years. Great perks!

I think I know who you are. I am sitting in your old chair right now in Bedminster. haha :ROFLOL: Small world! I used to work for verizon wireless ( we both have the same friend that used to run the copy center in Bedminster ) then verizon now they outsourced me to a contracting company.

castevens

woohoo! I can finally join this thread since I am no longer a student (for the first time in twenty-someodd years). I just got my doctorate in pharmacy and I am starting a residency at a terrific hospital in Boston

Plutoguy

I was an Engineer for 20 years for AT&T Bell Labs and then AT&T before the Lucent change over. When Company was sold to Bell South My department was let go. I am now happily for the past four years an Engineer for Comcast designing there Bussiness Class Voice offerings.

RobnRachal

I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.... :lookaroun

:lol:

I work for the Government.

The only government agency no Canadian ever wants to admit they work for is CRA.

When I worked for the IRS (yes they outsource to Canada. . .jj :ROFLOL:)
that was my response. "I work for the government"

Mickey is King

I am a Patient Service Rep for New England Life Care (a home infusion therapy service company) here in good old Portland, ME! :wave: But crossing my fingers that I'll get a call for an open position at Disney from the entertainment audition I went to last week!

Hello Portland! I'm up her in the mid-coast....

getting back to the thread- I wholesale Atlantic Salmon..and yes Master Yoda,I agree, life behind the desk is hard on the body, but I exerise and lift weights regularly to keep in shape.

WDWFigment

They needed money to expand... and I wanted to diversify my portfolio. :D

Oh, and that 25% gives me...

ALL THE BEER I CAN DRINK!

My day job is as an attorney (for now), but I do some Disney-related work, too.

However, after seeing the above-quoted post, I think I can safely begin planning my next career move!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom