Where do Disneyphiles work?

Pioneer Hall

We all go in with this image of Gordon Gekko, dollar signs, and sharp suits... eh, maybe in the 80's. It's so automated and computerized with analytic and algorithm models that your ideas and decisions are actually minuscule from a macro perspective

Agreed...not my field. Making changed while I still have the chance.

wizards8507

I feel for you brother... finance is fun for about the first 6 weeks then you realized how cold of a field it is. 3 years now as an analyst in a quant shop, about done with this stuff

Eh, I won't be doing finance per se. I'll be in financial reporting so its more of an accounting role, which I really enjoy. If I wanted the glory job I'd have taken a job with i-banking. I've was also told by some of the execs in the interview process that my time in Financial Reporting would likely only be for a few years and then hopefully I'll have the opportunity to move into operations.

ddbowdoin

Eh, I won't be doing finance per se. I'll be in financial reporting so its more of an accounting role, which I really enjoy. If I wanted the glory job I'd have taken a job with i-banking. I've was also told by some of the execs in the interview process that my time in Financial Reporting would likely only be for a few years and then hopefully I'll have the opportunity to move into operations.

We bang out 8-12% a quarter, so we're treated well... but its boring and I have very little client interaction... since we have a "client team" and "sales team"

George

Liker of Things
Physical chemist who is in charge of biological applications at the Purdue Rare Isotope Measurement laboratory. My wife is an analytical chemist at Eli Lilly. When we have enough money saved, I want to drive a boat or take people on bass fishing excursions at WDW. I also wouldn't mind being the guy in the shack at POR who hands out cane poles.

I interact with one Disney nut who is the secretary of a professor I collaborate with. We were like two kids getting caught with our hands in the candy jar when we were walked in on yesterday. :lol:

My father was an OK State alumnus. :wave:
But I have to admit I've always been a Sooners fan.

Seems to be the norm out here! I have no ties to either school, other than the paycheck, as I'm from western PA. However, in sports, you move where the job is and right now Oklahoma is OK!! :)

DisneyJoe

Making changed while I still have the chance.

You can always change! My college degree is in Radio-TV-Film, I've been working with computers in IT for many years, and have been running my travel agency since late 2003.... most of the people I work with in IT don't have degrees in IT - many have accounting backgrounds, psychology, engineering, etc.

You are never locked in.

bmarkelon

Stay at Home mom of 3, DD 6 is almost finishing her first year in school!!! DS is 4 and the baby girl is 14 months. I love my job and since we've started our family I feel like I spend a lot of time planning our Disney vacations which I absolutely love doing! :sohappy:

I'm feeling more and more like a Disney trip planner since friends and family come to me for help with their trip planning, I love any Disney I can get!!:D

zurgandfriend

I currently work for a Government Agency in the Boston area, nothing glamorous like the CIA, FBI, UNCLE or CONTROL however, but just working with defense contractors and sub-contractors to ensure quality.

I’m also a retired U.S. Army O-6 with 30 Years of service.

My dear, Disney wife is a minister as in “the Reverend Doctor Disney Wife” not to be confused with the on-line church of celestial happiness type ministers.

PlaneCrazy1978

I'm an imagineer for a multi-billion dollar entertainment company....

j/k!! Sorry, I was living in my alternate universe for a minute. Back to reality. I'm an instructional designer for a large healthcare company. I basically design all those online courses you are forced to take (or sleep through).

What a great thread!

Doombuggy13

I'm a Licensed Funeral Director. It really shocks people when they find out that I'm so into Disney. But, hey we can't be creepy all the time. Disney offsets the sad things I have to deal with in my everyday life.

echovictor

Like the thread.

I work for a government agency in the coastal / ocean field. Have several co-workers into Disney. Big boss is even a DVC owner.

AlwaysWDW

In an Investment Bank for now...only a few weeks left though until I go for my MBA and hopefully land the job with Disney that I have always wanted.

I'm about to start my MBA as well. Currently a strategy and marketing consultant... definitely would be a dream to work for Disney one day!

Pioneer Hall

I'm a Licensed Funeral Director. It really shocks people when they find out that I'm so into Disney. But, hey we can't be creepy all the time. Disney offsets the sad things I have to deal with in my everyday life.

Well at least your profile pic has you at the Haunted Mansion...

PolynesianPrincess

I am a security manager for a government contractor outside of boston. Dont know if i can say its a real job or not but also die hard follower of the Bruins and Patriots...i schedule myself around when they play.

YEs, following the Bruins IS a real job! I would know, cause I follow them as well! It's a tough job to root for a team that breaks your heart every year :lol:

Matt and Kelly

I am the manager of corporate communications and fund development with a non-profit organization called Chrysalis. Our organization helps adults with disabilities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom