Where do Disneyphiles work?

Lucky

Wonder what that says about my profession and about me. :confused:
I was in academia but moved to an international agency. Vanderbilt is a great school. What is your area within pol science? I've met one of your professors (Seligson). I'm not a political scientist myself, but I know something about it.

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
IT Director for a regional railroad and it's affiliate companies in the northeast. I started with the company when it had an airline division so I could fly for free to Disney. It was the only reason I applied for the job. :D

NewfieFan

Family doc, and extol the virtues of a Walt Disney World vacation on your health.:)

My hubby is a family doc (and ER doc as well - joys of living in a rural area) and he's the only nut at the hospital! Although, word is out that we're the Disney "experts" in the neighbourhood and I get all kinds of calls at home from nurses, dietitians, other docs, etc. that I don't even know asking questions about their plans for Disney World.

Well, I'm a homeschooling mom to 2 teenage boys. This means in addition to "Mom" I'm a teacher, guidance counselor, cheerleader, disciplinarian, bus driver, lunch lady, custodian, & the list goes on. Prior to the stay-home-mom deal I was a project assistant with an engineering firm which (sickeningly) paid far more $$ than when I worked where my heart was as a law enforcement communications supervisor. I've had lots of jobs in various fields over the years and, no, I don't hold any pieces of paper that proclaim me an edu-muh-cated old girl. Life has been my education and when it's through I know I'll be looking back saying "Dang! What a ride that was!"

:wave:

Hey, that's my job too! I actually was studing to be a nurse (and worked as a nurse collegian) but left school so my husband could pursue his dreams of going to med. school. I don't regret it for a second! At the time, only one of us could afford to stay in school so I went to work. Now, we have two kids and the rest is history. I love being a stay-at-home mom and I love homeschooling. It's hard somedays b/c I feel so isolated but the benefits outweigh any cons. Lesson plans usually include some reference to Disney somewhere! :animwink:

I'm the only Disney freak in this neck of the words and in the local homeschooling group.

draybook

I'm a shift lead for Cardinal Health, which is a medical supply distributor and manufacturer. It pays the bills but my dream job is something in the computer field, away from other humans.

sublimesting

Fascinating thread!!!

I am a clinical trials quality assurance manager for a pharmaceutical research company. We are contracted by large pharmaceutical companies to conduct their clinical trials. Basically I head the department that makes sure everyone does what they are suppossed to do and all the studies are conducted per all of the laws and regulations. Kind of like a private FDA.

The guy in the office next to me is our staff manager. He is also a Disneyphile and goes several times per year. He is retired Navy.

We have several staff here that are also Disney nuts. The rest of the company couldn't give a crap about Disney.

sublimesting

My parents once drove all the way from Nashville, TN to Prince Edward Island for vacation. That's a lllloooooong drive. But I have to say, being an Anne of Green Gables fan, I've always wanted to visit. Maybe I'll get to go sometime!

Our daughter is named Avonlea because my wifeis also a huge Anne of Green Gables fan!!!

Lucky

I majored in English, and have a Master's degree in Humanities, with an emphasis on literature studies! I was a substitute teacher for a while, and taught college English classes for a year and a half! :wave:

I'm a shift lead for Cardinal Health, which is a medical supply distributor and manufacturer. It pays the bills but my dream job is something in the computer field, away from other humans.

Wow, we have the full spectrum, from the Humanities to the Anti-Humanities.

I am the Associate Athletic Ticket Manager at a Division 1 university in Oklahoma. So while I work in academia, I am on the side that faculty typically hate!

angela02

What a great question! It is so interesting to see what an eclectic group we are.

I own a recruitment and development firm who is soon adding security/IT contracting into the mix.

Lucky

I am the Associate Athletic Ticket Manager at a Division 1 university in Oklahoma. So while I work in academia, I am on the side that faculty typically hate!
My father was an OK State alumnus. :wave:
But I have to admit I've always been a Sooners fan.

pixiegurl

Currently I.T. - Programmer/Analyst. But I am an aspiring Lottery Winner planning on taking up residence at Golden Oak. :ROFLOL:

Tater48

After 27 years, I can proudly say the I am a RETIRED Texas Police Officer. After our move, I've gotta go back to work though, at least part time, as the DW claims I'm driving her nuts. :p:p:D

draybook

Wow, we have the full spectrum, from the Humanities to the Anti-Humanities.

LOL, sorry, it's just that the people I work with have jaded me on humans as a whole. Grown men that complain about having to work full time is ridiculous. Plus I love computers.

becanya

Original Poster
I was in academia but moved to an international agency. Vanderbilt is a great school. What is your area within pol science? I've met one of your professors (Seligson). I'm not a political scientist myself, but I know something about it.

I study international relations and political theory. But I also have a comparative degree (MA) in Russian politics from Georgetown U. Hopefully when I go on the job market I can market myself as all of the above if needed. Seligson is in comparative politics, but I took his class and it was amazing.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Unless you are simply building PC's in a back room or chained to a terminal writing code the IT field is chock full of humans. Many of which have no business ever touching a computer. "You mean I was not suppose to open that "this is not a virus!" email?"

DisneyJoe

Unless you are simply building PC's in a back room or chained to a terminal writing code the IT field is chock full of humans. Many of which have no business ever touching a computer. "You mean I was not suppose to open that "this is not a virus!" email?"

LOL - well said! I was going to comment that I think the IT field has contact with some of the most "interesting" humans....even if you work remotely, as I did for almost 3 years - I still had to have daily contact with the main office, even if it was via email or IM or phone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom