When first stepping onto Main Street.. can you relate?

Now Is The Time

Original Poster
Allow me to be a little mushy here - I was thinking about how it feels when you first get to WDW and head to the Magic Kingdom. You get through the turnstiles (after being frustrated that the person in front of you doesn't know how to insert their ticket.. or for some reason the red light keeps popping up so they have to keep putting their ticket back in... but I digress :) Anyway, you walk through the tunnel, under the railroad station and this feeling of anticipation comes over you. Finally you reach the end of the tunnel and there you are... on Main Street USA. Can you feel it? How do they do it? To me, it's almost like the hundreds (and sometimes thousands) of dollars spent to come to WDW is worth its weight simply for those first few seconds you step onto Main Street and get hit with that "feeling." I don't know if it's a feeling of coming home or that you've reached heaven. I just know I don't feel better anywhere or at anytime than that moment. There's just something about Main Street and I am thankful it's there because I'm not sure the feeling would be the same if when you entered the park you walked right into say Fantasyland for example.

Ok, the more replies I get with people who agree with me and can relate to that "feeling" will make me feel more normal - as opposed to others who think I may need to be put into a small room with padded walls. :ROFLOL:

Jessica618

I totally agree!!

I get this warm, fuzzy, I never want to feel anything else feeling when my foot crosses the threshhold.

Don't feel bad...my DH refuses to unblock the Travel Channel b/c everytime a Disney show is on I start bawling crying and refuse to stop until he books a trip back :ROFLOL::cry::veryconfu:ROFLOL:

Us Disney freaks are a strange breed. For that alone, I purpose that we are branded and made to live on premises at all times without others so we can quarantine the disease:p

I totally agree!!

I get this warm, fuzzy, I never want to feel anything else feeling when my foot crosses the threshhold.

Don't feel bad...my DH refuses to unblock the Travel Channel b/c everytime a Disney show is on I start bawling crying and refuse to stop until he books a trip back :ROFLOL::cry::veryconfu:ROFLOL:

Us Disney freaks are a strange breed. For that alone, I purpose that we are branded and made to live on premises at all times without others so we can quarantine the disease:p

I agree. I too get the same feeling. I can't wait until I get to go back to my home away from home. :D

Kingdom WDW

Truthfully, I've never felt that way.

I've never gone to the Magic Kingdom on the first day of our trip. However, just getting in the Magical Express bus and seeing the Contemporary or the spires of the Castle for the first time always takes me in.

We usually go to the Boardwalk on our first day, but that is magical in itself.

chinitopoop

op I know exactly what you mean, its a feeling that cant be described. I dont know what it is, it definitly resonates some nostalgia in me but its more than that too, like I said its hard to describe, but I'm glad that there are people in this world who would know what you mean when you ask them "what is that magical disney feeling".... we can feel it but its hard to explain

maryszhi

I get all teary eyed, i put on my mickey ears or tira. We do the slow motion skip, take pics, then shuve off for the day. If its early magic, we do all the thirll rides, then the rest

Craig & Lisa

I agree as well, but to add to that feeling when we go with someone who has never been there before I run ahead and videotape them as they see the castle for the first time. Getting to relive that feeling over and over, seeming as I could not do it the first time we went in 1997.

cococola44

I agree as well, but to add to that feeling when we go with someone who has never been there before I run ahead and videotape them as they see the castle for the first time. Getting to relive that feeling over and over, seeming as I could not do it the first time we went in 1997.

I get more chills going to Epcot...excitement engulfs me...

But yes MK is beautiful! Distant neon lights bouncing off the castle in tomorrow land and the sounds of the parks drives you just about insane!

wdwmomof3

I get all teary eyed too. I just love it. For me, it's kind of like the feeling that I had when I was small and Santa was coming. You know the feeling when you walk in to see what he brought, well it's kind of like that but better.

One more trip and I'll have my DH feeling the same way.:lol:

Disneykidder

Well said everyone. It's really weird, an indescribable feeling beyond compare. No other place does it. Yeah, feels like I am home, get giddy and have no cares. The castle/Main Street are magical and takes your breath away. Feels like I have just walked through the gates of heaven with my family and never want to leave. We always go right from the hotel in the early am to MK. It's the first site I want to see and last when I leave WDW.

Something else that does it for me is Spectromagic...don't know why, but it does. Maybe it is the thousands of lights, peaceful darkness, characters or whatever. I get teary eyed. Wishes is also very magical. The fireworks are so beautiful and mixed with the music...wow. Illuminations is awesome as well. Corney, but Disney truely is the most magical place on earth.:)

cococola44

Well said everyone. It's really weird, an indescribable feeling beyond compare. No other place does it. Yeah, feels like I am home, get giddy and have no cares. The castle/Main Street are magical and takes your breath away. Feels like I have just walked through the gates of heaven with my family and never want to leave. We always go right from the hotel in the early am to MK. It's the first site I want to see and last when I leave WDW.

Something else that does it for me is Spectromagic...don't know why, but it does. Maybe it is the thousands of lights, peaceful darkness, characters or whatever. I get teary eyed. Wishes is also very magical. The fireworks are so beautiful and mixed with the music...wow. Illuminations is awesome as well. Corney, but Disney truely is the most magical place on earth.:)
:) no, never corney...true to your heart.:sohappy:

KaliSplash

I am absolutely certain that I have NO idea what you are talking about.

And no, that was NOT ME skipping down Main Street USA the last time I was there.

Crazy4WDW1

I'm right there with 'ya! It's just magical! I cry when I get there and I cry when I have to leave WDW to go home. It's a sickness that I'm glad to have!!

My poor hubby, unfortunately, doesn't feel the same way. In the last 10 years he's only made two trips with me. I therefore travel with my kids and friends. I am positive that someday I will convert him . . . . may I should play music from the parks while he's sleeping . . . .

:drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom