When first stepping onto Main Street.. can you relate?

In no way do I get teary-eyed...my best friend and I just start bawling the minute we hear the strains of, "Welcome, welcome, welcome." Then we carefully maneuver around (run over) people to rush through and get our first glimpse of the castle. Then there's more tears. Especially if they're playing all the old Broadway music...Sunday Clothes from Music Man, Clang Clang/Trolley Song from Meet Me in St. Louis...

Eh...we'd probably cry at an ice cream cart at Disney. It's just so frakking MAGICAL!!!:wave:

Kwit35

Heck yes.EPCOT might be my favorite park but the MK is quintessential "DISNEY" Feeling.I love it!!!

I agree 100%!!! Epcot has been my favorite since it opened. But there is nothing like emerging from that tunnel and seeing Main Street and hearing the music and smelling the popcorn... *counting down the minutes until this Saturday, when I get to feel that 'feeling' one more time*:sohappy:

NewfieFan

I don't even try to describe the "Disney feeling" anymore. Everybody here "gets it", the people who don't - you just can't explain it to them. I'm just glad I married somebody who "gets it" (could have been a potential problem)!:animwink: Now I'm turning my kids into people who "get it"!!!:D

vwstud

i totally agree w/every1 here. just stepping on Main St. is a feeling like none other. More than winning in sports, getting into schools; its a feeling all by its lonesome!

Mikester71

I just stand there in awe, trying to take it all in. The smells, the sights, the sounds, it goes on and on for me. And then you realize that you are surrounded by thousands upon thousands of fellow admirers and you feel like you are truly home. And then you have to decide where you want to start first! :brick:

Nansafan

There is nothing like watching your child see WDW the first time. My son was 6 and he was awestruck. My little man is now 21 and will be heading to the world for the 20th time again in June. Even at this age complete with beard and all 6 feet of him, he looks like that little 6 year old holding my hand seeing Main Street for the first time. He is again my little boy. The only difference now is that he eats more and walks a bit faster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom