What's your must have Disney dessert ?

rosebud's mom

Okay. Vacations are for splurging, right ? I'm making plans for our December trip. I'm looking for detailed information on your favorite gotta-have-'em treats from Disney. ( the Cinderella's Slipper thread is stuck in my head !)

Describe the dessert and list where it can be found.

Thanks ! :wave:

longfamily

The "tidal wave' at the coral reef is the best dessert ever created by human (mouse) hands! Imagine a warm brownie type cake, drizzled with melted chocolate and surrounded by chocolate covered cherry chutney for garnish. Then you take a spoon and dig in and there in the center is melted milk chocolate and White chocolate with Gran Manier. Pure decadence!

And just as dreamy is the Apple Bobo at Victoria and Albert's. it looks like a granny smith apple but it is really a sponge cake apple with a sour apple cream center. This sits upon a bird nest made entirely of sugar!

Upvote 0

Disnut

They all sound soooo good. I better start saving now or even more so I can get at least one of each on my next trip. And to lose all the weight before hand.

Upvote 0

Nora

I love Dole whips and the school bread in Norway. My husband always gets a root beer float from the ice cream parlor on Main Street (he is Austrian and still thinks root beer is exotic.) I don't know if these count as a dessert, but we both love the frozen bananas.

Upvote 0

eeaton71

Two words : Kitchen Sink!

Over at the Beach Club there is a restaurant called Beaches and Cream. They have the Kitchen Sink sunday. It is awesome, but expensive. It has every flavor of ice cream, all the toppings, and two cans of whipped cream. You will need more than one mouth to eat this. Well worth it.

Upvote 0

dvcnut39

I also love the candy apples from the Main Street Confectionary and The Candy Caldron. My wife has cravings for the Sparklin Volcano from Rainforest Cafe'.

Upvote 0

trdisneyfan

For sure, the funnel cake from that little hut near the America pavillion in Epcot. Especially good to have while waiting for Illuminations.

BTW, we have no such facility which makes made-to-order funnel cakes here at Disneyland. There are a couple of joints that make them, but they're usually old and nasty (no fryer in sight). Those things have a shelf life of about 1 minute.

Oh well.

Upvote 0

waltdisny

Mickey Ice Cream Sandwiches,
Chocolate Cake with cherry liquor from LeCellar,
Almost anything from Norway's bakery,
Crepes from France, especially the chocolate ones,
Ghiridelli's Ice Cream (can't go wrong with anything there),
and
Rice-Crispie Mickey bars.:slurp:

Upvote 0

dandaman

From the description of the Beaver Tail recipe, it sounds an awful lot like the Elephant Ears they have at Cedar Point (and if they are, then make me a batch, best dessert on planet).
P.S. Always get a Toll House ice cream cookie sandwich.

Upvote 0

PrimeX

Hello, I really don't post on the forums but i love to read what everyone has written. I like this topic so much that I had to reply. Everytime we go to WDW, our first night we head to DowntownDisney and hit the Rainforest Cafe, and by far there best desert IMO is the Sparkling Volcano. I just love the brownie cake and the nice cold vanilla ice cream.

Upvote 0

STGRhost

"Bailey's creme brulee at Rose & Crown (Epcot's UK)"
:eek:Oh, my goodness! I've GOT to try that!!

My fave is the Dole Whip Float (Very first thing we did on my first trip to Disneyland last year, too!), followed closely by the cookie ice cream sandwhich at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square.
Zebra Domes rank up there (Though they're half the size of what they were when Boma first opened! :mad: ), as do the croissants in France and the Frozen Bananas from the ice cream carts. Yum! :slurp:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom