What's your "go to", "cannot miss" meal at the world.

wdwjmp239

I'm not all that picky about my dining options when I'm in the "world", but I do have my favorites:

Magic Kingdom - Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe (C'mon....Ray does put on a pretty good nightly show. Am I wrong?)
Hollywood Studios - 50's Prime Time Cafe
Epcot - Teppan Edo (Japan)
Animal Kingdom - Rainforest Cafe (although a chain restaurant - always enjoyed the decor in there).

Paper straw fan

Restaurant Marrakesh is as close to one as I have at Epcot. It’s tragically empty when we go, but that’s part of the positives, we can always get a table (and I’m dreading the inevitable ‘Aladdin character meal’ change they make to it) Tangierine is good too just for the baklava.

At MK my ‘go to’ is leaving and going somewhere else.

50’s maybe at HS? Sci Fi is still nice for the experience and rest if you gave a reservation

AK is pretty open. Yak and Yeti for sure but I am fine with Harambe reserve. I would say Restaurantasaurus but they ditched most of the cheesy dinosaur related songs I love (I still play them on Spotify in the car going there!)

Sanaa and Boma are 2 favs from resorts, Ohana is mostly hit, occasionally a miss? I have to have a long day and missed lunch to really be ready for the buffets tho.

Leahbobeah

We had the Sweet and Spicy Chicken Waffle Sandwich at Sleepy Hollow in the Magic Kingdom last time we were there - absolutely delicious!

BayLake

On our first night we always eat at The Wave, my go to dish has been the "Bacon and Eggs", braised pork belly and a egg over cheese grits. I get it every time.

PB Watermelon

I'm a pushover for breakfast at Tony's on Main Street.
I've had generally good experiences at Epcot, still haven't eaten in France or Morocco yet.
If I was going to DHS today, I'd go for something more quirky, like the Sci-Fi Drive In. It's silly, but unique. The Brown Derby is good, especially if you're a film nut, but I'm not crazy about it -- hat tip (ha ha) to the staff, though. Great crew, there (is it even still there? Been a while)
Animal Kingdom -- we always ate breakfast before we got there, and Animal Kingdom was at the time a kind of day park without the nighttime expansions they have now, so we never ate dinner there. Just snacks.

Simba’s Mom

Restaurant Marrakesh is as close to one as I have at Epcot. It’s tragically empty when we go, but that’s part of the positives, we can always get a table (and I’m dreading the inevitable ‘Aladdin character meal’ change they make to it)

I haven't heard about any upcoming change. What's happening, and when?

awoogala

Tutto Gusto (wine and cheese!)
Nomad's (everything)
Spice road table (hummus platter and those amazing hummus fries/great view)
Jungle Navigation
Trader Sam's apps and all the drinks.

usually hit the pub for fish and chips once, les halles in france for a quick breakfast and a glass of champagne, eat at the Wave at least once.

My teenagers always insist on Crystal Palace every trip, though the food isn't great, can't beat Pooh!

KaliSplash

Cosmic Ray's is our most consistent, followed by Flame Tree. Yes, we realize both of those are counter service, but we must have those two. There are so many good sit-down places that we rotate through a good number.

John park hopper

Jiko---- love the food, love the service, love the atmosphere, love talking to the staff from the different countries. Expensive but we feel it is worth it.

Paper straw fan

I haven't heard about any upcoming change. What's happening, and when?

Oh no, nothing that I have heard of. I just assume with the sparse crowds there (which is part of what I like about that restaurant) that WD will eventually turn it into some soulless Aladdin character dinner place where they serve you burgers and ‘A magic carpet fried - chicken’ for $59.99 a pop.

KevinPage

I finally booked BE OUR GUEST (lunch) for our mini trip in August (we’re local but doing a 2 night hotel stay). Never been there before but we have 2 girls (15 & 5), so I figured they’d get a kick out of the setting.

I used to always hear rave reviews but lately all I hear are complaints (overpriced, food quality, slipped, chicken replaced the pork, etc.)

Didn’t know what to expect at this point? Opinions, thoughts? Thanks 😎😎😎

We rotate different places each trip some favorites ~ Boma, Biergarten, Homecoming, Ohana, Tusker House, Brown Derby, Raglan Road, Tea at GF. Treats we have to get each trip: Kramell Kuchen , Kringle Bakery, Les Halles (macarons , crème brulee), Frozen Grand Marnier for Mommy (lol) , Goofy's Kitchen, Main Street Bakery.

bubbles1812

Columbia Harbor House always gets a visit, quick service wise. Same with Pecos Bills! And BOG breakfast as well, though that’s partially to get at Mine Train before the crowds pack in. We aren’t consistent anywhere else, though the ABC Commissary inevitably gets a visit out of desperation. (I swear DHS has the weirdest hours for its food options)

In terms of table service, Rose & Crown is usually a must do for us. We’ve alway enjoyed the vibe there. No where else is an absolute. I’ve made it a goal to try new places every trip, most with reasonable success

PolynesianPrincess

We don't have ONE meal we do every trip but rather favorites that we rotate through. That includes Crystal Palace, Garden Grill and Kona Café breakfast.. Liberty Tree Tavern, 50s Prime Time Café, Via Napoli and Ohana for dinner.... One thing that we always do during marathon weekend is eat dinner at California Grill after the half marathon as a celebratory dinner. We don't eat there every trip, since we normally take 2 per year, but always during Marathon weekend!

We DO have snacks we always get though! Churros were a staple for us growing up watching the original Illuminations and then ROE. Churros turned to margaritas when we were old enough and we always sat in the same place for the show. I'm happy to say we will be there for the final show in September, churros and margaritas in hand! We also always have a cake pop on Main Street on arrival day. Also the carrot cake cookie while watching March of the First Order (not anymore though :()

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom