What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

shambolicdefending

According to Touring Plans, this has been the most crowded week since Spring Break. That's pretty consistent with historical mid-July levels, so still basically average, or slightly lower. Next week should be about the same, and then the numbers usually start to decline as August rolls around.

August 19th is the first day to keep an eye on for pattern changes. That's when Deluxe comes unblocked at DL, and all DCA blackouts are lifted. The SoCal pass blackouts lift on August 25, and Select comes off on September 3.

RobWDW1971

I was there on Sunday and it was pretty dead. That being said, major rides (Space/Indy) had 30-45 minute waits. To me I think these wait times are what the park should be and are great. I'm sure park management thinks otherwise. However I remember pre 60th anniversary this was the norm (most rides 10-20 minutes, major rides 30-45 minutes).

This has been a truly unique time to see what the actual attendance levels are with only full paying guests and premium AP's. More than likely, starting next month we'll never have this view again as they will fill the parks again with discounted AP's and won't allow this to happen next summer. But it has been fascinating to experience it - and the crowds are soooooooo much nicer. It's amazing how people's attitudes change when they are paying full rip for an entire magical day vs. just swinging by and using it as a mall. It's like being in WDW, but without the humidity.

George Lucas on a Bench

Park seems kinda crowded today. Noticed a few more security guards than normal, the bus running on Main Street and even Johnny Depp from POTC meeting with guests.

20190719_150421.jpg

I was under my favorite tree and a huge bug landed on me. I brushed it off and I'm positive it landed inside of my backpack, which I zipped shut. I'm completely freaked out.

shambolicdefending

Aka. "PLEASE pay the high ticket price and visit Disneyland! Look, low wait times, it's totally worth it!!"

That scent in the air is called "desperation".
I mean, at least they're acknowledging that lighter crowds are more enjoyable.

A lot of times Disney management has acted like they're doing us a favor by cramming the place full and making us stand in long lines.

socalifornian

For whatever it's worth, this was post 3 hours again (currently it's 12:35, so at least sometime between 8:36-9:35), so this picture was likely taken very close to park opening. Not really massive proof of empty parks. That said, I have had a boat all to myself on Pirates of the Caribbean before which was pretty fun.
If this was taken during the middle of the day it could be your Gone With the Wind ride 😆

jrhwdw

Well there will be no one in line for Monorail from 11AM to 6PM till Sept because Monorail is now closed during that time! Thoughts??

Saw it from TC and there are pics with DL signs.

jrhwdw

TDA was on the brink of declaring bankruptcy so they closed the monorail for 7 hours a day, and it singlehandedly saved DLR
GOOD GRIEF!!! Rolls eyes!!! I'm guessing this was sarcasm nut no matter, this isn't looking good! MK Express used to have this schedule but the Resort Monorail was still running!

Could DLR rush PTN back to DCA?? Would that help bring more people if DLR had two night parades? This is far out but a different cancel show for DL Forever? DL still tweets about Mix Magic being back up for DL Forever. What happened to DL Forever's B Show we saw a week or two ago?

Maybe a new Christmas Parade??? Is there anyway DL could push ROTR to Christmas and still do a quality job safely?

This is nuts!! we've seen interesting summers at DL before with Light Magic, C!ASP and the Nighttastic F! Dragon Fiasco. but nothing like this! Don't get wrong, I'm thrilled for SWGE, DL Forever and MSEP but does DL/DLR need more than that??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom