What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Ouch....

Whaddaya think, @MisterPenguin, @Kamikaze, @Disney Irish ?

(That’s actually a legit request for opinion)

I like the “should fans worry ?”

I find that question
Udderly 🐄 ridiculous (that’s for you, Lurky 😉 )
I'm not sure why this is in a thread about Disneyland wait times as it has nothing to do with Disneyland or wait times or its effects on either.

While its a clickbait title, but this part of the article pretty much sums it up for me:

Reshoots are just part of the game for filmmaking. The fact that J.J. Abrams and his team have had virtually no reported drama or major shake-ups in creative control means that The Rise of Skywalker could be in fine shape for its winter release date.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ouch....

I find that question

I'll quote from the nothing burger of an article: Reshoots are just a part of moviemaking

The article also says there are no other signs of a troubled production. Could there be trouble? Yes. Could this be just to make things better, or create a tie-in with the D+ projects or the next trilogy, or to re-shoot scenes had production issues? Yes.

We don't know. By itself, reshoots mean nothing since most major movies do them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not sure why this is in a thread about Disneyland wait times as it has nothing to do with Disneyland or wait times or its effects on either.

While its a clickbait title, but this part of the article pretty much sums it up for me:

Because discussions tend to involve discussion...and that’s part of being alive. And of course Disneyland is all about Star Wars right now. I know we struggle with this...

Has it occurred that the Star Wars movies might affect the success of the physical park interpretations? Maybe a little?

Or not.

I'll quote from the nothing burger of an article: Reshoots are just a part of moviemaking

The article also says there are no other signs of a troubled production. Could there be trouble? Yes. Could this be just to make things better, or create a tie-in with the D+ projects or the next trilogy, or to re-shoot scenes had production issues? Yes.

We don't know. By itself, reshoots mean nothing since most major movies do them.

I’ll agree there...though it seems late and if you just look at recent articles it seems this is the 2nd or even 3rd batch.

It could mean nothing.

I usually don’t seek out spoilers or leaks...but the minite somebody drops this plot...I’m in.

I’m fascinated if they can make “lemonade” out of the positions they put themselves in?...from a character and arc perspective.

The most worrisome part about this is not the reshoots...it’s the consistent report that “executives” wanted them. That could be very positive or the worst thing ever...with probably no possibility of neutral ground.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Because discussions tend to involve discussion...and that’s part of being alive. And of course Disneyland is all about Star Wars right now. I know we struggle with this...

Has it occurred that the Star Wars movies might affect the success of the physical park interpretations? Maybe a little?

Or not.

Except reshoots on a film not even out yet (Star Wars or not) has ZERO (not even a little) to do with Disneyland or its attendance levels which is what this thread is all about. So yeah its basically derailing a thread for no reason.

mandelbrot

Disneyland currently has strong summer crowds. This whole "ghost town" narrative is nonsense. That said, GE was expected to blow the doors off the place so I get there may be a degree of panic.

Crowds come for big rides. ROTR will bring them in and we will remember fondly this period of less than horrible crowding.

shambolicdefending

Disneyland currently has strong summer crowds. This whole "ghost town" narrative is nonsense. That said, GE was expected to blow the doors off the place so I get there may be a degree of panic.

Crowds come for big rides. ROTR will bring them in and we will remember fondly this period of less than horrible crowding.

There's definitely some overhyping about the attendance problems, but I do think the short-term outlook is pretty grim.

Crowds are back to roughly average for this time of year, but how many of them are only there because Disney offered up an almost unheard of 50% discount?

New billion dollar land + massive discount = average crowds? There's no way to spin that as anything but a major problem.

To your point, if RotR blows the doors off everybody, that will ease the problem a lot. But the margin for error is basically zero, and even then I think there are other attendance issues Disney has to confront in the long term.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

The appearances to not support your claims. But it’s still early.

Disneyland is not having a good summer. If a Disney park is not packed...it is not “good”. That’s just the baseline reality.

More to follow

Bob Harlem

The appearances to not support your claims. But it’s still early.

Disneyland is not having a good summer. If a Disney park is not packed...it is not “good”. That’s just the baseline reality.

More to follow

Hotels around Disneyland have significantly cut rates since SWG opened, expecting a lot more from the land as well. It's not just bad for Disney.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hotels around Disneyland have significantly cut rates since SWG opened, expecting a lot more from the land as well. It's not just bad for Disney.
Well they clearly miscalculated the opening...I have a feeling Florida will be more crowded - but not to the levels they want - as well.

I’m sure they are trying to figure out why?

But honestly the Bobs deserve the grief. I don’t want Star Wars land to suck...even with the tired desert spaceport nonsense...but the Bobs absolutely have pushed their most loyal customers away.

That’s something the Disney family understood not to do and even Michael Eisner (who was the worst person in the history of awfulness - of course)

Darkbeer1

>>Disneyland has been experiencing some of the lightest summertime crowds in decades after the debut of the new Star Wars themed land. The unexpectedly slow summer season has forced Disneyland to institute resort-wide budget cuts, according to MiceChat.

Based on the shadows, the July 4 aerial photos appear to have been taken in the mid-afternoon.

Approximately 600 visitors can be seen along the Galaxy’s Edge pathways in the Nearmap aerial photos. What can’t be seen is how many visitors are in the outdoor marketplace or the indoor shops, restaurants and attractions.

The wait time for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run was 50 minutes between 2 and 3 p.m. on July 4, according to Touring Plans, which uses big data and statistical analysis to calculate daily crowd sizes and ride wait times at theme parks. Smuggler’s Run can accommodate up to 1,800 riders per hour.<<

>>So far, Disneyland hasn’t seen a massive influx of visitors since Galaxy’s Edge opened. In fact, just the opposite has happened. By Disneyland standards, the place is a ghost town.

At midday on a summer weekday, the wait times for the Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise were all 25 minutes or less at Disneyland. Across the promenade at Disney California Adventure, the wait time for the Incredicoaster was 15 minutes.

Even Disneyland is bragging about the thin crowds and short wait times, promoting pleased fans posts on social media. A recent Disneyland Today tweet highlighted 5-minute wait times in Fantasyland.<<

Monorail_Orange

Even Disneyland is bragging about the thin crowds and short wait times, promoting pleased fans posts on social media. A recent Disneyland Today tweet highlighted 5-minute wait times in Fantasyland.

I think this is a good move on DL's part, there's a silver lining here (higher guest satisfaction), beyond just that we on this board are happy we can actually enjoy the park ourselves.

RobWDW1971

I think this is a good move on DL's part, there's a silver lining here (higher guest satisfaction), beyond just that we on this board are happy we can actually enjoy the park ourselves.

Yup, this weekend on a sunny July day mid afternoon Toad, Snow White, and Pinocchio had lines that started inside the building. Not sure I've ever seen that for Toad. Even Pan was inside the covered queue area.

Kamikaze

Ouch....

I find that question

I don't read spoilers so I have no idea whats going on with the movie at all, but reshoots in this age of blockbusters are extremely common and aren't really indicative of anything good or bad. Maybe a certain scene just needed fleshing out. For example - the 'I am' scene from Endgame was a reshoot.

mandelbrot

This is after they jacked up nightly rates to ridiculous levels anticipating a demand that never materialized. I believe the area hotels were part of the problem for the first two weeks of the non-reservation opening for GE. Many people were simply priced out of a trip to Anaheim by Disney and the local hotels. Now that the hotel rates have come back down to earth more people are coming. I don't think it's a coincidence.

Monorail_Orange

There's no reassurance from Disney that they know what they are doing. Instead, the opposite has happened. They are openly trashing fans for not liking TLJ and Solo. Blaming your customers is never a good sign. Plus, they are already reshooting Rise of Skywalker when the movie is scheduled to open in 5 months. What could they possibly be doing? The track record is absolutely not looking good. Firing original directors for Solo and Episode 9 is a sign of weakness or heavy handedness at LucasFilm. Then there's Galaxy's Edge that already show signs of a flop with the main attraction still being worked on. So what's the good news that isn't several big bombs about the drop?
So, in other words, you paid absolutely no attention whatsoever to allowing trilogies and lands to be fully finished before we declare the entirety of it a flop. Hence, "Galaxy's Edge already showing signs of a flop with the main attraction" NOT EVEN OPEN YET.

LOL, Mac, ya beat me to it.

truecoat

Disney World is now offering free dining Sept 1-18 and other days in Nov and Dec. Apparently SWGE isn't going to bring them down to the swamps either. Tourism must be soft this year or the price gouging finally hit the tipping point.

Monorail_Orange

Going back OT, as of 2:00pm today, wait times seem very reasonable again today, all E-tickets are under an hour, with the exceptions of Splash at 75, MF:SR at 80, RSR at 80, and GRR at 60.

RobWDW1971

Going back OT, as of 2:00pm today, wait times seem very reasonable again today, all E-tickets are under an hour, with the exceptions of Splash at 75, MF:SR at 80, RSR at 80, and GRR at 60.

I always check the line for Pirates - to me, it's the best indicator of crowd level because there is no Fastpass to fudge the demand/wait and it's a classic E ticket. The line has been 5-15 minutes most days from open to close, which is truly astonishing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom