WHats the first thing you do once you have checked in at your resort

Pluto 08

Whats the first thing you do once you have checked in at your resort?

Im arriving about 5pm and wondered what everyone else does first once you arrive.... do you head straight to the parks, head to the pool and relax, go for a meal??

Thanks

Wendy517

First, we check into favorite room in the North Garden Wing of the Contemporary (oh wait, that's no longer there). :cry: Then we unpack and change, and go to the Food and Fun Center (again, not there anymore) and get a Chicken Strips basket (oops, not there either). Oh well, I guess when we stay at the Poly next trip, we'll be making some new traditions! :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Glazer

When my wife and I get to the room for the first time, I always like to run the hot water and wash my face. It reinvigorates me from the ride down and freshens me up for the trip to the parks.

Upvote 0

disney1077

We take an early flight so we can get to the hotel early. We check in. The room is usually not ready so we get something to eat in the hotel or go to Earls at Downtown Disney. By the time we finish and get back to the hotel the room is ready. We settle in and then head straight to the park.

Upvote 0

Philo

On our last trip we arrived at about 7.00pm. I desperately wanted to go to MK but my body was ready to shut down after a few crazy wedding filled days and then a 9 hour flight so I had to settle with food at DTD and then bed.

Upvote 0

mdjbenkert

Once we check into the resort, we do several things! If our room is ready, we head to room, relax for a bit then head to the pool to enjoy the sun. If the room is not ready, we leave our bags and make our way to afternoon tea. In the evening, we head over to MK for the night!

Upvote 0

RobnRachal

We usually arrive at 11:30 am so we get checked in and eat at the resort while we're waiting for our room. Once we've eaten we throw on our suits and take a dip!!! After a nice relaxing swim we shower and head over to Wilderness Lodge for some Artist Point grub ..... pure tradition.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

1. Drop stuff off inside hotel room. 2. Go to MK. 3. EAT!:animwink:

Yes, same here. We usually arrive in the afternoon, in time for dinner and in time to get into the MK even if it closes early for MVMCP, etc.

It's nice to visit the MK on the first day.
We usually arrive on a Sunday so we get to see the MK first then without having do it on Monday, which is typically a more crowded day since people travel on the weekend and then want to do the MK first on Monday.

The incremental daily price for park tickets for anything longer than 5 days is minimal, compared to the cost of the trip, so it works well financially to buy an extra day if necessary and then go to the MK for the first evening.

:)

Upvote 0

JustPlainBill

It usually depends on when we arrive and whether or not we can get into the room early. We usually explore the resort we're staying at. We have never gone to any of the parks the first day, thinking that it's a waste to use a whole ticket for a partial day. We're beginning to feel differently about our trip this summer. We plan on checking into the Contemporary resort late morning, transferring from the Portofino Bay resort at Universal. We'll do the early check in, then go to Chef Mickey's for late breakfast. It is our 21st anniversary that same day, so we're going to go over to MK after breakfast because we're doing CRT for dinner. If we're able to go to our room early we'll get settled in first with the baggage and stuff then go to the MK.

Upvote 0

Brwneyedgirl72

Since we typically come up on a Friday evening (just drive up after work) we usually dump our bags at the hotel and then go to Downtown Disney for dinner and drinks (love Ragland Road - one of our favorites) and then do some shopping. Gets us in the mood, relax us and starts the weekend off right.

Upvote 0

Eyorefan

We like to start our trip at MGM. To me its a half day park. Our family loves Fanastimic so we just basiclly kill time there until the show starts.

Upvote 0

tikiman

Whats the first thing you do once you have checked in at your resort?

Im arriving about 5pm and wondered what everyone else does first once you arrive.... do you head straight to the parks, head to the pool and relax, go for a meal??

Thanks

I call the bank and ask for a loan!!:lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom