WHats the first thing you do once you have checked in at your resort

Pluto 08

Whats the first thing you do once you have checked in at your resort?

Im arriving about 5pm and wondered what everyone else does first once you arrive.... do you head straight to the parks, head to the pool and relax, go for a meal??

Thanks

adrianuk91

Seen as we fly in from the UK we are usually pretty shattered after travelling a couple of hours to the airport nd then on a 9 hour flight nd then about an hour to get to the accommodation and by the time we get in the villa it feels like 10pm coz of the time difference (we have always stopped off site in a villa) then we usually check out the villa and then debate on who gets what room between me nd my sister and then dump our bags and maybe unpack a lil then head to the shop to buy food and then go bed when we get back. we just decide what we are gonna do there nd then on the first day as we normally wake up really early on the first day due to the time difference.

Upvote 0

figment3258

We always get there as early as possible. Usually if all goes well we are at our hotel by 11am. We check in to our room which (knock on wood) as always been ready at our request. we head to go room unpack our carry ones and head out to the bus stop. This upcoming trip at my 5 year olds request our first ride will be spaceship earth. Next we will probably hit the fish and chip stand in the united kingdom. next we would head back to our room unpack our suitcases get our refillable mug get a drink walk around the hotel and then head back to the bus stop for Hollywood studios to have our first dinner at the 50's prime time cafe. And hopefully fit in a little toy story mania. And if I am lucky mommy will get to ride rock n roller coaster.

Upvote 0

WIX

We fly in from the west coast so by the time we get there and check-in it is nearly midnight. Only 9p on our bodies, so we are still awake.

I will unpack and iron everything for the week. Meanwhile hubby gets some food from the grab and go to tide us over as we generally miss dinner in the traveling.

Upvote 0

Rinx

We usually stay at two or three resorts per visit, but the longest stay at Old Key West. We always play golf at Lake Buena Vista on the day we move to OKW so after we check in we'll settle down, shower, go to Wal-Mart for some stuff for the week and then back to the parks!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

We always use DME, and always arrive at the resort in the morning around 11:00. We usually check-in right away and then have an early lunch in the foodcourt, then we're off to Epcot. We have been doing this for years, and it never gets old..

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Being from the UK our body clocks are 5 hours ahead of local time - so when we check in at around 5pm its really 10pm (and we've already been on the go since around 6am).
So, firstly we're looking for something to eat (as most aircraft meals are pretty unspectacular) then its usually a stroll around DTD

Upvote 0
Last year we flew first class so there was a dress code (since i was using a friends buddy pass) so after we checked in and ran into the bathrooms at the hotel to change we headed straight to the parks. Made for a long day.
So this year i think i am going to take it easy and chill, maybe just take the sights in at the hotel or go to DTD.

Upvote 0

nicnic

After check in at about 4.30 we unpack, read all the leaflets I pick up from front desk, even though I have brought our whole vacation schedule, I always read the times again.
Take a look round the resort and take our 1st disney bus to DTD, Earl of sandwich for dinner then Ghirardelli for a hot fudge sundae for afters. Must look in World of disney and buy DD her 1st gift and 1st new pin, not allowed in the christmas store yet, must wait till week 2!!! Back to hotel to bed and up early for full day of disney.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

We always get in at 9:30am so we check in (have NEVER had a prob doing so) and grab a bite at the food court at the hotel and then we're off to MK!!

This year, sadly, I am having MANY airline problems!!!! So, I may be forced to arrive at 3p,...AHHH!! Not sure what we will do then...maybe do DTD and pool. Doesn't feel like I am in Disney until I hit a park and always MK first!!:)

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

Well, we go unpack and often go ahead and get mugs. What happens next depends on whether we are holding annual passes or not. If we are, we head to whichever park seems appropriate. If not, we eat or head to DTD and hit World of Disney, etc. Then we try to get to bed early so we can hit a park at opening.

Upvote 0

kasey1988

We ususally checkin, grab our mugs and head to the room to freshen up. We are usually there before supper time, and a bit hungary from traveling, so we grab a bite in the food court and heat to MK, , for the first ride we always to Stiches Great Escape (this tradition started when it was AE)

Upvote 0

majorrfb

What to do?

We have a shower and unpack, go to buy our refillable mugs and then head off to Downtown Disney. We wander around the shops, have a drink overlooking the lake and then go to Earl of Sandwich followed by an early night so we'll be raring to go for the next day.

We unpack, swim and head for DTD and the Earl of Sandwich. The rest has been stated above. Can't wait for Aug. and Late Nov. to be in the WORLD:sohappy:

Upvote 0

disneychick53

1st thing we do, we are always early so we leave our bags at hotel when our room is ready they put them in our room......we go to boardwalk get on a boat go to DHS or just stay at the boardwalk go to ESPN then maybe walk to EPCOT

Upvote 0

dave1105

We usually drive down in one day and stay outside Disney that night. Then we get up bright and early go to the resort and get our park passes and head to the parks if room not ready or unpack if room is ready then head to parks.

Upvote 0
On the day we check in we don't like to go to the parks just because it would only be part of a day and we don't like to spend extra money on only a partial day. We typically swing by the resort pool and in the evening ride the monorail just to get a taste of what's about to come. We were lucky enough to catch the MK fireworks on my sister and I's first trip. We've also gone to DTD on our first day which is also a good option. Just be sure not to go to crazy so you can be somewhat rested for your first full day.

Upvote 0

swrtrr

Our plane is supposed to land at about 11:00 a.m., so whenever DME gets us to the Pop, we will get checked in, buy our refillable mugs, walk around the Resort and take some pictures, then head for DD for dinner at Planet Hollywood. We will make it an early night so we can get up bright and early for the MK.
11 more days til magic time.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom