WHats the first thing you do once you have checked in at your resort

Pluto 08

Whats the first thing you do once you have checked in at your resort?

Im arriving about 5pm and wondered what everyone else does first once you arrive.... do you head straight to the parks, head to the pool and relax, go for a meal??

Thanks

figmentmom

We usually arrive in the late afternoon. Right after we check in, we head for our room, I unpack, and DH makes sure the TV works. :ROFLOL:

Then it's off to DTD. :wave:

Upvote 0

alilance

:sohappy:We always take the first flight we can, (this Sat. morning we get in at 1030!!) then check in. Since our luggage won't be there since we are taking the Magical Express, we head to the pool! (I always pack swim suits and cover-ups in my carry-on bag). As soon as our luggage has been delivered to our room we unpack, shower, and head right to the parks. This time we are going right to MK to go on Jungle Cruise since it will be closing the following day for refurbishment, go on a couple of rides, and then head to Epcot for dinner at San Angel Inn in Mexico!!!!! Can't wait!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

rob45

After a 10 hour drive, I like to get settle in our room and kick back some brewski's. Eat, sleep, hit the Magic Kingdom at opening time the next day. Hurry up Nov. 28 i'm ready to go!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

disney21

We usually check in around noon, and then go to lunch at dtown disney and then we always go to chef Mickey's the first night- it's very much a tradition. after dinner it's off to the MK for some fun attractions like SM to do at night~!

Upvote 0

MaeMaesMagic

we always fly very early, like the 630am flight from nj just so we can arrive in wdw before lunch!! this past jan we arrived by 1130am via dme we got our room right away and by the time we walked around the hotel and got some lunch our bags were delivered to our room!! so we then swam for an hour then changed and headed over the mk for dinner at cinderellas castle and wishes!!! next year we decided to take it a bit easier and make no plans the first day because we were all a bit exhausted after such a long first day!!:snore::snore:

Upvote 0

abug'saunt

Last trip - left Spokane, WA at 6:30 am and arrived at MCO at 5:30 pm, we used DME, checked in at POR about 6:30 - 7:00 pm. Went to check out rooms and freshen up. Checked out Main building, had 9:00 dinner ressies at Boatwrights but was able to get in at 8:00. After dinner, bought refillable mugs, went back to room, saw luggage in room and set out clothes for morning, went to bed. Enjoyed first full day at MK.

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

First, I spray lysol on anything that stands still long enough to get lysoled. Then, I turn on the top 7 show just because it's not a Disney trip without it. I spend a few minutes just taking it all in because there's no feeling in this world that compares to how I feel at WDW. I look out the windows, flip through the Disney channels, look at the park maps, and just thank God that there are blessings in this world like trips to WDW with the people you love.
We usually go to DTD the first evening, but this year we may skip that and spend some time exploring the resort.

Upvote 0

yankspy

If I am by myself, I hit MK right away. The last time I was there my flight landed at 10:15 a.m. and I was eating a hot dog at Casey's at 12:00. We usually stay in the Boardwalk area and so the first thing I do while everyone is unpacking is walk to the bakery and get the richest and most calorie laden piece of cake I can find. If I am at a monorail resort then I like to take a ride on the monorail and just visit all the hotels.

Upvote 0

TinkerCarol

First thing my daughters and I do (the men hang with) is hit the gift shop at the resort! Take a quick look around to see what is new, then go check in. LOL Then throught the gift shop again before going to rooms.

Upvote 0

Jodileigh

EAT!! Usually by the time we leave bright and early from Wichita, have a layover, then have the second leg of our flight, ride ME to the resort, and get checked in, we are STARVING! So, we check out the room, then head for FOOD, BABY!!

Jodi

Upvote 0

tinkfan05

Our tradition is to get to our resort by 1:00, and then head to downtown disney for a few hours before heading over to Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner. After that we'll go back to the resort, and get to bed somewhat early so that we can get up early for our first full day at the park.

Upvote 0

lac628

Being fortunate that we live close by, we usually get there late morning or early evening, head to our rooms and drop off bags then debate for about 1/2 hour about which park to go to. You would think since we were all in the car together for the past 2 hours we could decide this BEFORE getting there but NOOOO we have to wait until the last minute :brick:, but I guess that is what makes it so much fun!

Too funny, we do the same thing!!! We are 2 1/2 hrs away and never talk about it the whole time!
We usually arrive around lunch time. If our room isn't ready, we go to the food court to eat lunch. By the time we are done, our room is usually ready. If our room is ready, we go in and un-pack, then go for lunch. After lunch, I usually have to put DS down for a nap (he's only 2). My parents usually head to a park and DH and I stay with our son. When he wakes up, we meet my parents at whatever park they are at. We love living so close and being AP holders, bc we never feel rushed to do anything. It's usually a very relaxing long weekend. I can't wait to go back!!!

Upvote 0

WDWJenn

1st thing?

Well... FantasiaBish and I always do an overnight drive down from the Memphis area. So our first thing is check in and then drive to MK while we wait for our room to be ready. We're usually there right after the park opens, so we stop at the "happy bench" (smoking bench) near the back stage entrance at the train station end of Main St. to people watch and get a feel for actually being there as well as a feel for the crowd flow for the morning. Then we usually hit PoTC and then HM and then the bakery. That's how we usually get things started.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom