WHats the first thing you do once you have checked in at your resort

Pluto 08

Whats the first thing you do once you have checked in at your resort?

Im arriving about 5pm and wondered what everyone else does first once you arrive.... do you head straight to the parks, head to the pool and relax, go for a meal??

Thanks

Phonedave

We usualy get a 10:00 AM or so flight out, so we are in our room by 2:00 PM or so. DME has or luggage. So we hit the room, change into what we carried on if it's winter and we are wearing jeans etc. from the airport, and check out the resort for a bit either to get the "lay of the land" if we have never stayed there before, or just to see whats new if we have.

We then go over to one of the park. Most of the time MK, but sometimes EPCOT. We were just down last two weeks ago and we went to the MK and had a 5:30 dinner at Crystal Palace.

If we didn't have AP's I think we wouldn't be "wasting" a ticket for a few hours in a park, and instead would have gone to DTD and maybe dinner at a resort restaruant.

-dave

Upvote 0

bgraham34

It all depends on what time my flight comes in. I prefer to take a flight at night, that way I have a full day in the parks. Usually I just goto my room and unpack or if its early enough I like to hit Downtown Disney.

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

We always drive down a night before our package begins. We stay at a nice hotel close by so that we can be at our resort the next morning by 7:00am. If we get into Orlando early enough, we have dinner and go to DTD. If not, we crash for the night. The next morning, we drive to our resort and arrive by 7:00 to check in, buy a refillable mug filled with coffee for DH, drop our luggage off, park the car and walk to the bus stop. We normally go to Magic Kingdom first... I just love it.

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

We generally try to get a flight that will land in orlando around noon. That way we can get to our hotel, check in and hit the parks. I usually love to see the castle right away on that first day, but this time due to dinner reservations, we are hitting epcot first.

I know I'm a dork, but I really can't relax until I'm in a park and feel at home. :lol:

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Well, the last time we hit the parks running! We got to the resort around 3:00 and then headed out to Epcot b/c we had ADRs at Garden Grill. This time I know better then to have an ADR on arrival day. I found we were hungry (really hungry) before our dinner time but I didn't want us to eat b/c I didn't want to ruin our appetites before dinner.

This trip I have NO ADR planned so we'll eat when we're hungry or ready. I also don't know where we'll end up our first evening... my parents are coming on this trip and I know they'll want to rest in the hotel for awhile as soon as we arrive. (We'll have been up since 4 am!) So, I'm not sure what we'll end up doing. MK is not an option for us the first evening b/c there's a MNSSHP that night. I still may head out to Epcot even if my parents don't want to go b/c I love seeing the parks first day - it gets me soooo excited!!! (And my son will probably want to head out to a park first thing too - he may not be content to "rest" at the resort!:animwink:)

Upvote 0

Dukeblue1016

Unpack everything conveniently... take a good half hour to sit and take it in that WE'RE HERE!!!! watch the Disney Channels to get into the swing of things...

then off we go to the parks!!!

as for a 5 pm arrival... probably grab dinner before/at the parks right after the initial unpacking/taking it all in... (that was kind of a no brainer huh... people need to eat...)

Upvote 0

lpet11984

We usually take the earliest flight possible, getting us to the resort around 10:30/11am. Sometimes we hit the parks running, but I enjoy having the chance go buy our mugs, grab some lunch, and just walk around DTD and our resort with no real plan other than being able to do whatever we want to at the time...after the room is ready, watching some of the resort TV is a must- it means we've finally made it! This next time we'll be checking in and heading to the Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express before doing some prelim shopping/pin trading around DTD...from there we may take a swim, we may go resort hopping (have to get in that first monoral ride!), rent a sea racyer around Seven Seas Lagoon, or we may head back to the resort just to relax. We'll see...can't wait!

Upvote 0

Elonwy

I usually try to get a flight that lands before 3pm. Check into the hotel (or have them store or luggage) and head straight for MK.

Sometimes have dinner reservations made for the evening and sometimes play it by ear but I can't wait until the next day to see the parks and it ALWAYS is MK first! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Edisto Pluto

We usually get in around 6PM as we will this Christmas. Our routine is to unpack and to settle in. We then take a stroll around the Boardwalk and look at the Christmas decorations and cap the night off with ice cream at Beaches and Cream.

Upvote 0

StingraySam

Being fortunate that we live close by, we usually get there late morning or early evening, head to our rooms and drop off bags then debate for about 1/2 hour about which park to go to. You would think since we were all in the car together for the past 2 hours we could decide this BEFORE getting there but NOOOO we have to wait until the last minute :brick:, but I guess that is what makes it so much fun!

Upvote 0

Cole'sMom

We take an early flight out of Detroit so we are there before noon. We will check-in, grab a quick lunch at the resort and head to MK! I am so excited to think I will be doing this in 8 days! Woo hoo!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom