"What's Next?" presentation December 7th

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I'm thinking today's news might change December 7th a tad. Or at least I'm hoping so. Some surprises would be nice for a change, as opposed to all of us Disney nerds knowing everything ahead of time.

I think you're right on point with this! I can't imagine they wouldn't have some kind of attraction planned around this deal. Sheeezee I'm flabbergasted right now.

CheekBoys

Cars Land is cancelled. John Lasster will be pleased
And how are you so sure about that? Besides John Lasseter said he hope it does come to DHS.
EDIT: Here is the post that said he wants it to come to DHS.
I met John Lasseter today at Epcot. He and his wife are doing beverage seminars for their winery as part of the Food and Wine Festival. You can meet him yourself if you go to the Festival Center where he should be signing bottles of wine (priced at $30 - $ 50), taking pictures, and answering questions from 3pm - 3:30pm on the 17th. They sell the wine directly for $24 - $40 so pricing isn't ridiculous. The seminar is from 2pm - 2:45pm and anyone can watch in the back, though space has long since sold out. He talks mostly about wine, but adds in some stories about Walt, Disneyland, etc.

Anyway, I asked him, "So is Cars Land coming to Florida?" His response was, "I sure hope so."

Take from that what you will. He also talked for a brief moment about New Fantasyland, which he was not aware was open to guests yet.

twebber55

im sorry but my opinion is nothing will change with pandora and or cars land..they would be a long time before star wars expansion..not that i dont want one (already looked at DHS map to see where it could go and how it would work) but im thinking they will concentrate on the movies first

Disneyhead'71

In response to Potter 2.0 being a response to Avatarland. I said on July 21, 2008 that a Potter phase 2 was going into the Jaws plot. That was 2 years before the original WWOHP opened. Oddly enough the Potter website The Leaky Cauldron actually posted about it on April 11, 2008.

One final point of note is word that the Harry Potter attraction will possibly now span both the Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios. Rumor is that discussions are underway considering the possibility of a blending of the two parks to allow for this larger Wizarding World of Harry Potter area (and possibly eliminating the Jaws ride)

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2...shack-due-at-harry-potter-theme-park-and-more

RSoxNo1

Considering how aggressive Comcast is being with the Universal parks, I think it's very realistic that Avatar, Cars, and Lucas get represented in the parks in the next 5 years. There are also several other possibilities for Epcot, and to a lesser extent Magic Kingdom as well. It seems that so much is being discussed right now that Disney just has to make decisions (or publicize decisions that have already been made).

WDWLover#1

Considering how aggressive Comcast is being with the Universal parks, I think it's very realistic that Avatar, Cars, and Lucas get represented in the parks in the next 5 years. There are also several other possibilities for Epcot, and to a lesser extent Magic Kingdom as well. It seems that so much is being discussed right now that Disney just has to make decisions (or publicize decisions that have already been made).

I do agree with this. But I don't think any of this wil be announced(at a push Carsland or maybe new details on this supposed avatar land). With Star Wars remember, only a few officials knew of this deal so immagineering had no time to do anything. If a star wars land or Lucas land will open i would expect this to be announced at D23 expo 2015. As for December 7th I'm just holding my breath to see what new designs of benches they've got:(

SirLink

I do agree with this. But I don't think any of this wil be announced(at a push Carsland or maybe new details on this supposed avatar land). With Star Wars remember, only a few officials knew of this deal so immagineering had no time to do anything. If a star wars land or Lucas land will open i would expect this to be announced at D23 expo 2015. As for December 7th I'm just holding my breath to see what new designs of benches they've got:(

Technically they had since Star Tours opened to prep concepts. They did have the theme park rights for quite a while, so if WDI can't knock up some base ideas to start the ball rolling they have messed up.

doctornick

Perhaps Avatar and Carsland on December 7th, Star Wars land at the D23 Expo?

Something like this seems plausible, though I'm skeptical that they'll announce Cars Land on 12/7. I definitely don't see any SW plans for a bit, though something for D23 seems like a good timeframe.

doctornick

I don't see any reason to think the Star Wars acquisition will have an impact on building Cars Land at DHS. Couple of things....

1a. Rumors are that LMA is going, whether Cars is going there or not. It's too expensive to run or has too much liability or something, but TDO wants it gone.

1b. It's not like the Backlot Tour is that popular these days and it has a very large footprint and impinges on Pixar Place, so replacing that with some other attractions just makes sense at this point in time. With the Backlot/LMA space, there's a lot of room to build and Disney has seemed to want to increase the amount of Pixar attractions in WDW.

1c. It's unlikely that any Star Wars stuff is going to go in the LMA/Backlot area given the distance from Star Tours. It makes much more sense to build Star Wars around the already existing Star Wars stuff. So, we are almost certainly going to see something Pixar related in the LMA/Backlot area. Cars is very popular, is a big draw for young boys (to counter all the princess stuff), sells a crapload of merchandise, has already been developed for Anaheim so it is cheaper to implement that a brand new idea, and is wildly successful. It's a no brainer to bring it to WDW and that is true regardless of Star Wars being present or not.

2. While TDO will surely add Star Wars at some point, it takes time to develop attractions and ideas and they need something now for WDW. Cars Land and the Monsters Inc coaster can go in quickly (insiders have talked about it being fast tracked) and then they can roll out SW in a year or two afterwards.

3. We know Cars Land has been discussed/planned/possibly green lit. The people approving that obviously were aware of the impending possibility of acquiring Lucasfilm. So, there's no reason to think that this news affects Cars Land because it's not "news" to the people who would have approved/pushed Cars Land in the first place. It's only news for us pions.

WDW1974

I'm thinking today's news might change December 7th a tad. Or at least I'm hoping so. Some surprises would be nice for a change, as opposed to all of us Disney nerds knowing everything ahead of time.

I wouldn't expect anything different at all. ... Disney moves at a snail's pace, which is why they have so fallen behind in the O-Town theme park wars. Nothing has changed. Vader isn't stepping in with his giant saber and cutting through the bureaucracy and the bull.

The focus of this event is the small expansion in the MK, parades and entertainment, new GF DVC, and, a little bit of blue alien sex kittens. They don't want to say 'You're here for this stuff, but it's really not anything compared to what we might actually build by 2018 or 2019!' It's all about what's new ... and what's next in the immediate term.

WDW1974

What are the odds Star Wars attraction is talked about.....Disney needs to make a huge splash and continue the momentum

Almost none. 99.999%

Perhaps Avatar and Carsland on December 7th, Star Wars land at the D23 Expo?

Avatar, likely to some degree. Cars Land, almost none at all. And what Star Wars land? The Imaginary Fanboi Star Wars Land?

Really? Did he call and tell you this? Or are ya just saying it because you like the sound of your own voice?

WDW1974

This is Disney.

Remember? Five years for a small scale Fantasyland project (not even an entire, or close new land).

This might as well be the start of a new Disney Decade. Let's see what gets built and when.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom