What's after EVEREST?

goofyfan13

Sorcerer Mickey said:
Here's some food for thought for all those who think Indy won't happen because it's too similar to Dinosaur...

There's like four Dumbo clones in WDW Orlando alone.

That's all I'm saying.

Yea, but those Dumbo clones are also a lot cheaper than a big E-ticket like IJA. People are just saying they don't want it to happen because it's too simialar to Dinosaur. We're saying it won't replace IJESS because the show is still really popular, and there is no reason to replace that stunt show. :wave:

Sorcerer Mickey

goofyfan13 said:
Yea, but those Dumbo clones are also a lot cheaper than a big E-ticket like IJA. People are just saying they don't want it to happen because it's too simialar to Dinosaur. We're saying it won't replace IJESS because the show is still really popular, and there is no reason to replace that stunt show. :wave:

You're right on that point. But I want to wait to see how the people react with Indy now that the Car Stunt Show is open. Anyone notice a decrease in attendance? That would definitely help.

Lynx04

WDWFanatic007 said:
All I want guys is predictements on IJA that's all,just predictements. That's not to hard to give is it??? + I'm trying to be completly nice about this. I started this topic because I wanted your guesses and predictions on IJA. Now let me cut to the chase, Lynx,SirGoofy,KaliSplash,Tomm4004,dxer07002,etc. All of your guys predictions and then wel'll just wait and see what happens. As for me I'm going to say I think it'll come because an E-Ticket attraction for IJA is 100% worth the money to build next to LMA. I'm not trying to be a complete moron either,I really would like to see it come for most of you that have'nt been on it at DL. My point is also you can make the EMV vehicle a whole lot newer and futuristic then DL's one + the storyline should change/the theming + track layout will have to be totally different from DINOSAUR since everyone thinks it's so similar.

If an Indy base attraction comes the percentage that the attraction will be a clone of the IJA in DL is higher than it being original. When will it happen, I don't know and to be honest, I don't think the upper management knows either. The reason being is because; I don't think they have even made a decision yet. Disney just dumped a bunch of capital into the parks, they want to sit back and analyze what is the best course to go next. Indy may be an option, it may not.

Having said that, clones are the easiest, lamest, pathetic and most cost effective way out of making something new and original. Even if I have never been on IJA, and was never planning on going to Disneyland, I still would not want the attraction. Just knowing that the attraction is 10 years old and there are other ways to tell an Indy story makes it undesirable. I know that most people that want it to come only because don't plan on going to DL, however, I guarantee you that these same people would be disappointed after they rode it a few time and thought how much better it would have been if they got an attraction that was more state-of-the-art. The only time I think cloning is a good idea is when you in the situation DLP is in. WDW does not have financial, or attendence problems. WDW does not need to clone.

Or let me put it this way, would you be happy to put CTX as the next thrill attraction in MGM. A lot of people don’t think CTX is a great attraction; it is a fun attraction one worth riding, but nothing that blows your mind. Now Indy is the same exact thing right down to the layout, only a different theme.

Jay, the point that I am trying to make along with everyone else is not if or when IJA is coming, but whither an IJA clone is the best idea, rather then an original Indy attraction. You are stuck on page 3 and we are on page 392, come and join us.

speck76

Lynx04 said:
If an Indy base attraction comes the percentage that the attraction will be a clone of the IJA in DL is higher than it being original. When will it happen, I don't know and to be honest, I don't think the upper management knows either. The reason being is because; I don't think they have even made a decision yet. Disney just dumped a bunch of capital into the parks, they want to sit back and analyze what is the best course to go next. Indy may be an option, it may not.

They have made a decision

tomm4004

WDWFanatic007 said:
Ok I might as well give up because everyone seems to agree that the Indy Stunt Show will stay. The IJA Hope is gone,no more I guess.
You don't have to give up. We have no clue if Indy ride will come or not. The point we're trying to make is that you have to wait and see - us thinking it will or won't is not going to get it built any faster, unless Iger reads this thread and takes a poll.

goofyfan13

This may quite possibly be worse than MaeLsTrom RocKs!.....

To answer your question though, E-ticket is basically a name for Disney's more in depth attractions, a la PoTC, ToT, Splash, etc..,
This goes back to when Disneyland first opened and you bought tickets for rides, A-tickets were rides like dumbo, and E-tickets were rides like PoTC. A tickets were cheapest, and E-tickets were more expensive. These names have stayed though for types of attractions.

WDWFanatic007

Original Poster
Anyways how will we know when if the Indy Ride from Disneyland will come as an E-Ticket attraction or the stunt show will stay for good?????

Pongo

WDWFanatic007 said:
Anyways how will we know when if the Indy Ride from Disneyland will come as an E-Ticket attraction or the stunt show will stay for good?????

For now, the stunt IS staying for good. That I KNOW.

The ride isn't coming. At least for a long, long time.

tomm4004

WDWFanatic007 said:
I guess when Disney makes the announcement and the walls go up around the area.

scrapdog99

Katy is about 30 miles east of Houston, TX.

i_c_weiner said:
Yes, Nemo has been confirmed.

I'd like to see any kind of raft ride at Epcot's Canada. Epcot needs another outdoor thrill ride, and this could be it.

Disney's America sounds cool, but I have no idea where "Katy, Texas" is.

ok_st_is#1

the Studios and Animal Kingdom still need the most work

AK
Resurrect Beastly Kingdom
Journey to the Cnter of the Earth- w/ a scence true to book with mythical creatures and dinos.
Some dragon themed rides- no "Dumbo-type" rides

Disney Studios
Monsters Inc.
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom- mine train from " " movie

goofyfan13

WDWFanatic007 said:

You've got to be kidding me.........

I thought this thread was finally dead. :brick:
This question has been answered SO many times already. Please stop asking the same question over and over again and take time to read over the responses in this thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom