Whatever happened to Bald Mountain?

speck76

jedimaster1227 said:
Well, a member of the board of directors at Disney, can't remember which one, but he was just quoted as hinting at mini theme parks across the world, this is not great news for WDW especially because the more parks Disney has to care about, the less time they spend on individual ones, so, WDW could be left in the dust if projects like Great America, Westcot, Texas and others are ever given the greenlight, then it looks like WDW might be a thing of the past and an upper hand might be given to Seaworld, or Universal, especially with Seaworld's new third park (water park) beginning construction in less than 6 months. I think that Disney is losing its care on the preservation of projects already finished to ensure the popularity of the parks, and make sure that the rides and themed areas do not just become another building block on the tower of "Don't Care Anymore, Let's Take The Cheap Way Out Of This Pot-hole."

WRONG!!!

The term was "weekend concepts"....

WDC is now running things like wilderness adventure tours in the west........

more of that to come in the future

speck76

RCT2 Imagineer said:
I personally think the Magic Kingdom NEEDS a new E-ticket.

Why does the world's most popular theme park need to spend $100million+ on a new attraction?

(they don't)

dxwwf3

speck76 said:
Why does the world's most popular theme park need to spend $100million+ on a new attraction?

(they don't)

I'd say because he goes to the parks alot and knows the park hasn't got one since '92.

Remember he did say "personally" :) I can't speak for him, but for myself, alot of times we post things on here that are personal opinions of what we would like to see Disney do. That doesn't mean that we think that this is what Disney SHOULD do in a business sense. And it's not exactly something we expect Disney to do.

I personally think the MK needs a new E-ticket too. It would help the park experience for repeat visitors and fans. Do I think this is something Disney needs to do in a business sense? Nope. Do I think that Disney should stop what they are doing and create an E-ticket in the MK because I want to see it? Nope. But I think that a new major attraction would add alot to the park. Just my opinion. Doesn't mean it will happen or should happen. It's just what I would like to see :wave:

speck76

I guess we can all live in Fantasyland.....but unless we have realistic opinions, we will always be upset about something.....

One way to fight this is to NOT visit the park....I'm sure if MK attendance began to suffer, new major attractions would be built ASAP, but I am not sure anyone here has the grapes to do that.

dxwwf3

speck76 said:
I guess we can all live in Fantasyland.....but unless we have realistic opinions, we will always be upset about something.....

But I'm not upset. You can have realistic opinions and personal desires at the same time can't you? I tried to make it clear that I do not expect Disney to make any extreme changes to the MK right now. Or at least I thought I made it clear. :veryconfu

AEfx

PhilosophyMagic said:
Disneyland went almost 50 years without a new park...

And?

Disneyland is a wholly different beast from WDW.

Who necro'd this thread anyway? LOL six months later...

AEfx

Marge10369

Would't it be great if they actually started to build one or all of the talked about attractions mentioned in this thread. Then a new thread could be started about how long it's taking them to build them. No offense intended. Just a stab at humor.

CaptainMichael

AEfx said:
And?

Disneyland is a wholly different beast from WDW.

Who necro'd this thread anyway? LOL six months later...

AEfx

I'll take responsibility for bringing it back. I was just curious if there were any rumblings about the attraction. Lee answered the question, but everyone else began to argue about a 5th park and what not.

Stick to the topic please!

Madison

Enderikari said:
Hello, busiest theme park in the world.... The Magic Kingdom, as it stands right now, NEEDS nothing, especially not another E-ticket.

I disagree, somewhat. The park, which is the most highly attended in the world and sees increasing attendance each year, obviously does not need a new attraction to draw attention to itself. It's doing that just fine with its existing lineup of shows and attractions.

The park's capacity, per hour, stays largely unchanged and has some maximum limit, yes? I wouldn't begin to guess what the number is, but it stands to reason that as the park becomes more popular still, should capacity numbers remain unchanged, each visitor will see fewer attraction attractions during a visit to the park 5 years from now than they did last week. The time lost will be spent waiting in longer queues.

Personally, I've never had much of a problem with wait times in the Magic Kingdom and know things well enough to avoid two hour queues on the Mountains and Peter Pan. Many people do not, however, and to eventually keep them appeased, Disney will need to increase capacity.

That's why I disagree. The park doesn't need an E-Ticket because I want something new and cool, nor does it need one to attract more visitors. It needs a new, people-eating monster to ensure that it continues to be the second happiest place on Earth. Otherwise, Disney had better hedge their bets and start listing "Wait in the hot, Florida sun for three hours with 2000 people who smell worse than you do," as a new attraction because people, at some point or another, are going to be doing lots more of that.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
what a brilliant thread. Whos Ego Wins, the motto of the WDW Magic Special Forces unit. Membership limited to those on first name terms and the xmas card list of the Disney board. How else scould so much opinion be posted as fact.

Still its passed a rainy Sunday afternoon :D

PixyDust

AEfx said:
I don't think it will be in the form of current Disney parks - I think it will be targeted to thrill seekers. IOA on Disney-crack. There is this whole untapped market out there that Disney can't reach - those people that want BIG thrills.

For instance, RnR is my favorite ride. I love it. It's the only coaster I'd want in my backyard. But even I have to admit - as a steel coaster, it's pretty tame. And RnR is as thrilling as it gets - as much as I love things like BTM, your average coaster even at a Six Flags delivers much more "thrill".

AEfx

I thought this is what they were trying to accomplish with California Adventure. Maybe I'm wrong about that though. I know there isn't as much there as far as thrill stuff than even Carowinds here in NC, but I thought that thrills were the intent. And CA isn't exactly setting the woods on fire...

Not meant to argue with you, just another thought on this subject.

And as far as what I'd like to see money spent on...I'd like to be able to ride through Splash Mountain and every single thing in the ride be working properly. There are several rides that could use a little TLC, but this is the one that I see that needs it most. And the "host" of COP...have they fixed his face or do his eyes still look almost satanic? :(

dxwwf3

Pumbas Nakasak said:
what a brilliant thread. Whos Ego Wins, the motto of the WDW Magic Special Forces unit. Membership limited to those on first name terms and the xmas card list of the Disney board.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tim G

djronnieb said:
I know for a fact that Disney will have a 5th gate open sometime around 2015, plans are well under way. Just haven't been anouced yet. And won't be anouced for another year or so. But this 5th gate was suposed to open in 2010 but due to the lack of ME and his way of running things it got pushed back like so many other cool ideas that were soooooo close to becoming real. Well now that he doesn't have control a lot of these ideas that got turned down will be finnally opening in the next 5-10 years, and the 5th gate will be opening in the next 10-12 years. And I mean A LOT... you will see at least 4 E-Tickets built in AK in the next 10 years and construction for a major E-Ticket in the MK very soon.
Then you should re-check your facts...
Don't know what your sources are but they're not telling you the truth...

Tim G

Lynx04 said:
My statement has nothing to do with 9/11, nor does it put any blame on M.E. or any one else at the WDC. The point of my statement is about how over-saturated Orlando is in themeparks. I agree 150% that the 5th park rumor is nothing more then that us fans imagination and nothing else. It makes good conversation of fiction, not fact.
Ah... I see...

That's what I get if your post gets badly read by me, and therefore wrongfully answered...

My apology...

Glasgow

I'm most curious about what the next dark slow ride will be. There have been many new attractions but I can't recall the last dark-slow ride that was built (ie. PoTC, HM, etc.)

I guess this proves that there is a move towards more compact, thrill based rides .. with EE being a large exception. For example, Soarin, M:S, Stitch, etc.

Where are the slow dark rides??

ChadLP02

DarkMeasures said:
I would like to see more expansion of Downtown Disney, more arcades and more big shows outside the parks.

They need to establish permanent plans for the Pleasure Island renovation before they do anything else with DTD. The Irish Pub is taking forever to be completed as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom