Whatever happened to Bald Mountain?

Lee

Adventurer
STR8FAN2005 said:
Lee, have there been any new devlopements on the Bald Mountain front?? Is it still being debated? Or put away, never to see the light of day again??

It's gathering dust at this point...but remains a viable concept for the MK.

tirian

I'm not sure about Bald Mountain or Fire Mountain, but Imagineers are currently developing over 100 acres at WDW...

The Catch is that all of the acreage is either in a pre-existing park or resort. CMs were officially told that Disney isn't going to build a new park within the next decade, and will instead focus on restoring classics and plussing the current parks. Of course, as we all know, what Disney says and does are often completely different; it helps them create fantastic attractions in relative secrecy. Still, the Pooh playground at the old 20K site is quite insignificant compared to the area's size. And as someone else mentioned, look for a new E-ticket to come to the MK within the next few years.

DisneyFreak529

When you live a long way away and you only have a week to spend in Disney it's hard enought to find time to do everything. I think a 5th gate would be a bad idea for people who have to fly down. Then you have to do a park in a day if you only have 5 days. Then if you forget something you won't have an extra day like you would normaly have to fit in anything you forgot.

I love the idea of expanding like every one else does but I live in NY. I would have to take 10 day vacations instead of 7.

DarkMeasures

DisneyFreak529 said:
I love the idea of expanding like every one else does but I live in NY. I would have to take 10 day vacations instead of 7.

I am actually against any sort of Thrill-park right now. (though I usually spend month long vacations at WDW and I will probably be going to college in that area.). But if you look at parks that cater to thrill-seekers right now and you can clearly see them failing. Look at all the rioting and fighting that has so far happened at Six Flags parks this year. It seems the only ones spared are the ones that built Hurricane Harbors.

I would like to see more expansion of Downtown Disney, more arcades and more big shows outside the parks.

DisneyRoxMySox

I don't want to see any new parks. I only want to see expansions if it is improving the parks, becuase that is what needs to be done.

IMHO, I thought Fire Mountain (sad to hear there is 0 chance of it coming to MK) would be nice in Adventureland, behind Pirates, if there's room.

Captain Chaos

Is it at all possible to create a villians themed land where 20K was, right behind Toontown? Are there others areas in MK to expand to create a mini land such as SHADOWLANDS and build Bald Mountain? Lee mentions in a previous post about a mini land in MK... I'm taking that to mean 20K area...

However, I heard a rumor that 2 dark rides were now being planned for the 20k area.. one significant one and one minor one... family friendly rides...

DisneyRoxMySox

dxer07002 said:
Is it at all possible to create a villians themed land where 20K was, right behind Toontown? Are there others areas in MK to expand to create a mini land such as SHADOWLANDS and build Bald Mountain? Lee mentions in a previous post about a mini land in MK... I'm taking that to mean 20K area...

However, I heard a rumor that 2 dark rides were now being planned for the 20k area.. one significant one and one minor one... family friendly rides...

Possibly Pinnichio's Daring Adventure or Alice in Woderland?? I can't think of any other dark rides, your thoughts?

wdwishes2005

djronnieb said:
I know for a fact that Disney will have a 5th gate open sometime around 2015, plans are well under way. Just haven't been anouced yet. And won't be anouced for another year or so. But this 5th gate was suposed to open in 2010 but due to the lack of ME and his way of running things it got pushed back like so many other cool ideas that were soooooo close to becoming real. Well now that he doesn't have control a lot of these ideas that got turned down will be finnally opening in the next 5-10 years, and the 5th gate will be opening in the next 10-12 years. And I mean A LOT... you will see at least 4 E-Tickets built in AK in the next 10 years and construction for a major E-Ticket in the MK very soon.

no offense, but you know this how?

speck76

DisneyRoxMySox said:
Possibly Pinnichio's Daring Adventure or Alice in Woderland?? I can't think of any other dark rides, your thoughts?

There is always the TLM dark ride that was planned as part of DLP....it would go well with Ariel's Grotto

Tim G

Lynx04 said:
If Eisner is responsible for not starting another park yet at WDW, then this is one of his better decisions. As Speck put it, Orlando is over saturated in theme parks. I wouldn't expect to here any ground breaking for any time before 2010 to 2014 at the very earliest.

Since we are on the topic for MK expansion, does anyone know if the 100 acre Woods going to take up the whole 20,000 Leagues area or just a small portion? Cause I find it hard to believe that they would turn the whole area into a play area. But I could be wrong.
Now that's a whole lot of crap...

The economy went down, 9/11 happened, theme park attendance lowered ...
And that's all the fault of M.E. ??? C'mon...

A fifth park was mostly is the mind of the people outside the WDC...
The people created the big rumor of this 5th park... so don't blame it on people inside the WDC...

Thanks! :D

DisneyDellsDude

djronnieb said:
I know for a fact that Disney will have a 5th gate open sometime around 2015, plans are well under way. Just haven't been anouced yet. And won't be anouced for another year or so. But this 5th gate was suposed to open in 2010 but due to the lack of ME and his way of running things it got pushed back like so many other cool ideas that were soooooo close to becoming real. Well now that he doesn't have control a lot of these ideas that got turned down will be finnally opening in the next 5-10 years, and the 5th gate will be opening in the next 10-12 years. And I mean A LOT... you will see at least 4 E-Tickets built in AK in the next 10 years and construction for a major E-Ticket in the MK very soon.

Ummm. You know this how?? I just can't beleive it. Sorry:wave:

dave2822

Whoaaa there is a lot of crazy / false information being spread around on this thread. And I also enjoy how much everyone "hates" to talk about a 5th park and then starts to talk about it in a thread that had nothing to do with it.

I think there were some good responses mixed in here somewhere. Bald Mountain or some variation of a big e-ticket will eventually make its way to the 20K spot, but no need for MK to rush. A lot of other things to be done in WDW than drop down another $100M in already the most popular park in the country.

And this fifth gate thing that was started, 10-15 years seems reasonable. There is no set plan for it, they aren't breaking ground tomorrow or anything. I too believe a DisneySea type park is the way to go. For all the pipe dreamers, Disney will never build an all-thrill park. Not only is it completely un-Disney, no one is going to WDW just to ride things they can find in their local areas (i.e. Six Flags). A villian concept? It sounds interesting, but too dark. Good always conquers evil, and that concept certainly doesn't appeal to all audiences. It would be like building a princess park.

It seems like everyone is just dieing to talk / complain about something though. When they open their 5th park I'll be looking on here the day after for the first "When are they opening a 6th park?" thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom