Whatever happened to Bald Mountain?

wdwishes2005

WDWCP said:
I happen to know for a fact that the 5th gate will be open by Jan 2007. It will be a Princess themed park. Then, in 2008, a 6th gate will open as a Prince themed park. Then, 2008 will bring another gate, then another and another and another!!!

I guarantee that by 2015, WDW will add 12 new gates!! If I'm lying about my "Facts", may I become fat, stupid and my head stripped of all but three hairs!

:goodnevil

ill get the duct tape.....

Tim G

djronnieb said:
Ummm. did you read the first post on page 4??? HELLO! I took back what I said before. Read page 4 of this post.
:eek: Are you always this friendly or only on mondays...

Please don't offend me...

Thanks!

Tim G

tirian said:
Word to the Wise:

A Fifth Park or a Villains Park is often mentioned as a joke among CMs. Because many CMs (myself included) come to these sites to see what people are saying, some of the rumors--especially those that are completely untrue--become joke subjects at "work."

Therefore, if any of you overhear CMs mentioning "the Villains Park" or something like that, it is most likely in jest.

And don't forget about the Harry Potter ride. :animwink:
Even better... the 5th gate is a joke among the Imagineering guys... :D

Tim G

wdwishes2005 said:
imho disney needs a "darker" side
Dark enough??? :D :D :D

Mickey_01.jpg

nyfrenchy

speck76 said:
Well, if you look back (figures from Amusement Business)

1999 42,600,000
2000 43,200,000 (+1.4%)
2001 39,700,000 (-8.1%)
2002 37,600,000 (-5.3%)
2003 37,800,000 (+0.5%)
2004 40,700,000 (+7.7%)

1999-2004 difference (-4.5%)

They are still down from 1999 levels, so, they have not seen 2% annual growth

That Reedy Creek Comprehensive plan was written in 2000. Then 9/11 came.... But the 2004 jump is very good news, may be we'll get a double digit progression for 2005?

Enderikari

Sergeant Tibbs said:
Dude, you need to go cough up a hair ball or something

Let's not make this into an insult contest. As your mother should have told you, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all."

You may be all grown up now, (or not, its hard to tell from the quality of that post) so I'll make a little addendum. If it isn't intelligent, or pertain to the conversation, then shut your yap!

speck76

nyfrenchy said:
That Reedy Creek Comprehensive plan was written in 2000. Then 9/11 came.... But the 2004 jump is very good news, may be we'll get a double digit progression for 2005?

10% growth this year over last would still only put them ahead 3.6% over 2000.

If you compare these actuals to RCID 2% per year growth.....it is not pretty, even with 10% growth this year

1999 42,600,000
2000 43,200,000 (+1.4%) [43,452,000] -252,000
2001 39,700,000 (-8.1%) [44,321,040] -4,621,040
2002 37,600,000 (-5.3%) [45,207,461] -7,607,461
2003 37,800,000 (+0.5%) [46,111,610] -8,311,610
2004 40,700,000 (+7.7%) [47,033,842] -6,333,842
2005 44,770,000 (+10%) [47,974,519] -3,204,519
2006 49,247,000 (+10%) [48,934,009] +312,991

In fact, in 2002 and 2003, they were down to projections the entire yearly attendance of DAK or MGM..........they were operating 4 parks on the revenue of 3. (and people wonder why cutbacks were needed). It would take 2 years of 10% growth to even get back on track, which is HIGHLY unlikely....the best forecasts we have for Orlando tourism is 5-7% growth this year, and 4% next.

Although the decrease in attendance was fueled by 9/11 and a recession that was already happening before 9/11.....we are only another terroist attack away from another situation like that above. I am not sure WDW would spend $800million+ on something that would have the overhead of an additional park......if they reinvest in the current parks, the overhead is FAR less, and, well, rides can always go seasonal.

dave2822

speck76 said:
I am not sure WDW would spend $800million+ on something that would have the overhead of an additional park......if they reinvest in the current parks, the overhead is FAR less, and, well, rides can always go seasonal.

DAK's price tag was $1 billion when it opened it to the public and people are still whining and complaining there isn't enough to do there 7 years later. We all want parks and attractions, but we don't want to wait.

5th gate? Maybe in a decade or two (why does it feel like I'm repeating something from like page 1? ooh right). But speck is definetly correct, just because we are on the increase doesn't mean it's time for huge expansion; add more, refurb more, it'll be ok guys.

Lynx04

speck76 said:
I am not sure WDW would spend $800million+ on something that would have the overhead of an additional park......if they reinvest in the current parks, the overhead is FAR less, and, well, rides can always go seasonal.

I was going to say that, but you beat me to it. Parks should only be added if you need to add major capcity. If the attendence isn't there, then don't add it, cause new parks do not increase attendence enough to sustain it.

Speaking on a very basic scale, once AK becomes a full day park, at the very least WDW attendence would have to increase by at least a fifth to make another park an option.

Sergeant Tibbs

Enderikari said:
...You may be all grown up now, (or not, its hard to tell from the quality of that post) so I'll make a little addendum. If it isn't intelligent, or pertain to the conversation, then shut your yap!
What the crap are you talking about? I think I understand what you said but your vocabulary is just too complicated for me. jk. I appologize for what I said, it just fit soo well.:D

Tim G

Sergeant Tibbs said:
What the crap are you talking about? I think I understand what you said but your vocabulary is just too complicated for me. jk. I appologize for what I said, it just fit soo well.:D
Serge!!! At Ease...

LOL

RSoxNo1

Does anyone know what the general concepts were behind Bald Mountain and Fire Mountain? I had heard theming around Disney Villians, but not much in the way of specifics.

DisneyRoxMySox

I think Fire Mountain was supposed to be a Volcano, that transformed or something...

Bald Mountain, I don't remember, but it was Villian themed, try running a search...

JKovach

Account Suspended
Fire. Has anyone here ever been fully engulfed in fire? It’s gotta be so HOT... That is way too hot. It’s the worst feeling when you burn yourself too. Even a little tiny- sometimes your just making yourself soup, some oodles of noodles or somthin... or you're cooking up some _____.

And ya know you touch the side of the pot... just... OOOOHHHHH Woah! THAT kills! That little thing... you can’t take a shower for like three weeks... You gotta hold your hand out cause the steam makes you angry. Try to bring your hand in-

“OhhhHHH! I hate steam! Who ever invented steam sucks!”

WDWCP

JKovach said:
“OhhhHHH! I hate steam! Who ever invented steam sucks!”

Steam cleaners are pretty neat though... I've got one with a Mickey sticker on it. I had to put it there myself, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom