Whatever happened to Bald Mountain?

djronnieb

Corrus said:
Then you should re-check your facts...
Don't know what your sources are but they're not telling you the truth...

Ummm. did you read the first post on page 4??? HELLO! I took back what I said before. Read page 4 of this post.

AEfx

PixyDust said:
I thought this is what they were trying to accomplish with California Adventure. Maybe I'm wrong about that though. I know there isn't as much there as far as thrill stuff than even Carowinds here in NC, but I thought that thrills were the intent. And CA isn't exactly setting the woods on fire...

Not meant to argue with you, just another thought on this subject.

And everyones thoughts are good. :) Anything anyone offers on this website is opinion, and pretending otherwise is never good. The post you replied to is six months old, but I still must say I feel the same.

Talking about Disneyland and WDW are two totally different things to me. DL will never be a week-long vacation spot for the typical visitor, where they spend the entire time on-property. There are also "thrill" parks within that same market unlike what is available in Orlando.

I believe the failure of DCA to draw crowds is because of it's limited appeal and poor design. I simply think that *IF* Disney created a new type of experience and used the more thrilling ride stats (and/or at least a slightly darker tone) combined with Disney magic, they could create a whole new type of park that would attract people to Orlando that don't normally come because it's full of "kiddie parks".

It's about giving people something that's not there, with the Disney touch. IOA is often quoted as an example, but they don't really have much in terms of "thrill" rides either - Hulk isn't any rougher than RnR and Dueling Dragons is about the only thing that would be deemed "too intense" for the current Disney landscape. DCA is a bunch of cloned shows and off-the-shelf lightly themed rides - if that is what Disney wanted to bring to Orlando, I'd be the first one to say heck no, we don't need it.

AEfx

tirian

Word to the Wise:

A Fifth Park or a Villains Park is often mentioned as a joke among CMs. Because many CMs (myself included) come to these sites to see what people are saying, some of the rumors--especially those that are completely untrue--become joke subjects at "work."

Therefore, if any of you overhear CMs mentioning "the Villains Park" or something like that, it is most likely in jest.

And don't forget about the Harry Potter ride. :animwink:

CaptainMichael

tirian said:
Word to the Wise:

A Fifth Park or a Villains Park is often mentioned as a joke among CMs. Because many CMs (myself included) come to these sites to see what people are saying, some of the rumors--especially those that are completely untrue--become joke subjects at "work."

Therefore, if any of you overhear CMs mentioning "the Villains Park" or something like that, it is most likely in jest.

And don't forget about the Harry Potter ride. :animwink:

Well, it is pretty much a joke with us around here too! Kinda like a joke that used to be funny, but is really starting to get old! :lol:

dxwwf3

wdwishes2005 said:
imho disney needs a "darker" side, it would be a nice balance to the "lighter" side.

The MK used to have a darker side........whistles..........whistles........... :lookaroun

:animwink:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
tirian said:
Word to the Wise:

A Fifth Park or a Villains Park is often mentioned as a joke among CMs. :

Is that because Eisner is on his way out, so there would be no one to use as a model? :lookaroun :veryconfu :drevil:

nyfrenchy

DarkMeasures said:
And there wont be a new park in 10 years.

"A growth rate of 2 percent annually at the existing parks has been assumed for the period 1999-2008."

That's from the Reedy Creek Comprehensive Plan.

So at 2 percent for 10 years, there will be definitely(*) enough people to fill a 5th park

(*) please take note of the proper spelling of "definitely"

speck76

nyfrenchy said:
"A growth rate of 2 percent annually at the existing parks has been assumed for the period 1999-2008."

That's from the Reedy Creek Comprehensive Plan.

So at 2 percent for 10 years, there will be definitely(*) enough people to fill a 5th park

(*) please take note of the proper spelling of "definitely"

Well, if you look back (figures from Amusement Business)

1999 42,600,000
2000 43,200,000 (+1.4%)
2001 39,700,000 (-8.1%)
2002 37,600,000 (-5.3%)
2003 37,800,000 (+0.5%)
2004 40,700,000 (+7.7%)

1999-2004 difference (-4.5%)

They are still down from 1999 levels, so, they have not seen 2% annual growth

Sergeant Tibbs

Enderikari said:
Wow. Someone needs to show you the trip across America that the Frontierland and Liberty square represents, but I guess you would already know that if you "studied" the theming. If so, the only Fron/Lib complaint you really could have would be St. Louis being on the wrong side of the Mississippi river. And since the flora and fauna already blend there, i guess the only way to know would be the architecture....? Right...?
I will, however, agree with the Fant/Tomorrowland transition is lacking, what with only the patio and waterfall areas being the true transitional elements.
But, adding an E-ticket to "balance" the park? That doesn't make any sense, WDW builds E-ticket attractions to draw people to that park, plain and simple, the MK is drawing people to the park already. And adding an E-Ticket to increase attractions list? WDW's MK already has more attractions that any other WDW park... The balance is already there, that's why when a new attraction opens at the MK, traditionally another older attraction goes away.
Dude, you need to go cough up a hair ball or something

Sergeant Tibbs

Isn't Disney planning to build a new park in California in the next few years? I could be wrong but thats what I heard. Well maybe not "build" a new park in the next few years but buy land to put a new park on. Someone correct me if im wrong.:confused:

speck76

Sergeant Tibbs said:
Isn't Disney planning to build a new park in California in the next few years? I could be wrong but thats what I heard. Well maybe not "build" a new park in the next few years but buy land to put a new park on. Someone correct me if im wrong.:confused:

Back in the Cynthia Harriss days, a third park site was announced just south of the Convention Center, on what is currently a strawberry farm.

This was before DCA opened, and back when Harriss and Pressler were calling the shots.

I do not think, based on what happened with DCA, a third park is a remote possibility in CA in the near or distant future.

lilphil6487

here's my thoughts. it would be awesome if they built a 5th park w/ thrill rides cause im big on the rides disney builds and thrill rides w/ disney themes would be awesome. but the problem is that it would be to much to do in a week. there are other things in disney besides the parks that are fun to do and if u have 5 parks to go to, you would miss out on stuff. maybe a 3rd waterpark would be good cause you can go to all waterparks in a day, but just expanding current parks w/ thrill rides would be best. i think another thrill ride at each park would be awesome. Not a roller coaster at MK cause they got a few but somethin else. At Epcot, i know this is controversial, but turn imagination into a thrilling ride cause the current ride now isn't quite good at all, and w/ today's park goers, the original wouldnt due to good either although i love the original and miss it very much. MGM, bringing indiana jones adventure would be awesome. I have always wanted to go on it, but never got to DL yet. And finally AK. It needs more. There just isnt enough to do in a day there. Besides EE another thrill ride would be awesome and if they ever did bring the BK idea back which i doubt, that AK would be as good as the others. This is just my opinion so please dont write anything bad about my post.

WDWCP

I happen to know for a fact that the 5th gate will be open by Jan 2007. It will be a Princess themed park. Then, in 2008, a 6th gate will open as a Prince themed park. Then, 2008 will bring another gate, then another and another and another!!!

I guarantee that by 2015, WDW will add 12 new gates!! If I'm lying about my "Facts", may I become fat, stupid and my head stripped of all but three hairs!

:goodnevil

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom