Whatever happened to Bald Mountain?

Captain Chaos

This just in: Universal stole the plans for Fire Mountain.. The attraction they are designing based on these plans will be called GLACIER HILL... And they also stole the plans for Bald Mountain.. Instead, the rided will be dueling coasters, designed as lice... It will be called HAIRY HEAD PEAK....

Captain Chaos

Please don't kill me over this.. I did a search looking for the specifics of Bald Mountain... I was unable to locate any threads about Bald Mountain and what kind of ride it would have been... Any details???

Sergeant Tibbs

dxer07002 said:
Please don't kill me over this.. I did a search looking for the specifics of Bald Mountain... I was unable to locate any threads about Bald Mountain and what kind of ride it would have been... Any details???
Sorry buddy I really have no idea. I always think that fire mountain had to do with villians and Bald mountain has to with a bald eagle...and ofcourse thats not true:D

disneyplanet

is this a contest for the longest running thred?

this and harry potter have been running way too long...

this ones up to page 9 and HP only on page 6 but HP been running over a year now..

come on HP fans you are falling behind. the award going to be givin away soon.

CaptainMichael

dxer07002 said:

Basically, it would be a flume ride with villains from Disney movies that are plotting something evil which could possibly be in a mini-villain land called Shadowland. Now, there is more to it than that, but we don't know much more, or at least I don't...*cough*Lee*cough*

Sergeant Tibbs

disneyplanet said:

this and harry potter have been running way too long...

this ones up to page 9 and HP only on page 6 but HP been running over a year now..

come on HP fans you are falling behind. the award going to be givin away soon.
you said this in the other thread, lol

Captain Chaos

STR8FAN2005 said:
Basically, it would be a flume ride with villains from Disney movies that are plotting something evil which could possibly be in a mini-villain land called Shadowland. Now, there is more to it than that, but we don't know much more, or at least I don't...*cough*Lee*cough*

Well, since it sounds like a log flume ride, guess with SPlash Mountain there Bald Mountain has no chance of making it to MK.

CaptainMichael

dxer07002 said:
Well, since it sounds like a log flume ride, guess with SPlash Mountain there Bald Mountain has no chance of making it to MK.

That isn't the reason it isn't being built. More things can be done to the log flume concept. Basically, it's about money right now, or so I would imagine. Disney's mountains cost lots of money which is a good and bad thing. Good because of quality and bad because of the approval process.

Bald Mountain has more of a chance of making it to the Magic Kingdom than Harry Potter or Indiana Jones Adventure ever do!

dave2822

STR8FAN2005 said:
That isn't the reason it isn't being built. More things can be done to the log flume concept. Basically, it's about money right now, or so I would imagine.

To add to that, it's where the money would be best spent. MK will get its e-ticket, but not before some additions to AK and MGM, and some refurbs of EPCOT.

MayKingMajikHpn

AEfx said:
DCA is a bunch of cloned shows and off-the-shelf lightly themed rides - if that is what Disney wanted to bring to Orlando, I'd be the first one to say heck no, we don't need it.

AEfx

I usually find your posts very informative, and I tend to agree with most of them, but this one just doesn't seem right. I mean I don't know why DCA isn't very popular I find it interesting and I love the themeing, but then again I am a native Californian.
When I flew back to California for my July 17-20 Disneyland Resort visit I got to explore DCA a little more. I had only been there once before for 1-3 hours in the dark. Sure they have some cloned things just like WDW's Magic Kingdom has some cloned attractions from Disneyland. But what isn't cloned is awesome......I mean the Aladdin show is off the hook it looks like it belongs on Broadway and the sets and effects blow away any show in WDW. They have an ugly bug ball where kids can dance with Flik and his friends. They have a comedy act in their backlot that changes everyday, and a character design show in the same place later on. They have a history of California show called Golden Dreams, and a Brother bear show that I thought was alot more interesting than Pocohonta's show.
The only shows that are really cloned are Muppet Vision and Disney's Playhouse......and Turtle talk if you consider that a show........but even their Animation building looks better, and has a better feel and themeing to it. I mean you don't just stand at these monitors and push buttons and design your face or manipulate your voice, you are immersed in doing this in the Beast's Library or in Ursula's sea lair.
The new Block Party Bash parade is better designed then anything I have ever seen.....its great I just can't say that enough, people need to experience it. On top of that they have Disneyland's classic parade The Electrical Light Parade, which I remember from my childhood.
DCA also has tours of a tortilla factory, winery, and bread factory where they give you fresh products for free, something I have never seen in WDW, and which I found to be a nice side-trip.
Now we come to the rides, starting with Grizzly River Run which I am sorry to say but is longer and better thought out, and designed then Kali River Rapids. Now I am going to be disappointed everytime I ride that. The ferris wheel isn't your typical ferris wheel. The maliboomer has a nice twist on a straight drop ride, and the Mulholland ride is just a little better than the Dinorama time traveling outdoor mini coaster at DAK. A Bug's land (a whole land WDW doesn't have) is full of highly themed rides that I can't believe don't show up in WDW, I loved riding them with my kid. People who say DCA suffers from themeing should take a special look at this area.....I mean abandoned popsicle stick benches as a little touch. And the new Monster INC. ride looks like it is going to be awesome (at least the concept art at DL and the outside of the building look cool.) The only other cloned ride that I can think of at DCA, that being The Tower of Terror is better than WDW's. The Tower is more beautifully themed, and the inside the elevator pre-drop show is more intriguing, and it just personally grabs me more.
Basically I am just trying to say because it doesn't work in southern california, and becuase not that many people go to it down there doesn't mean it isn't great. Southern Californian's tend to be full of themselves (I am one I should know) we already feel like we know Cali's history and important facts, so why should we pay someone else to show us, besides if we are going to DL it is to see DL and all of the rides that correspond to the movies we grew up with.
But that is just my opinion on DCA.

AEfx

MayKingMajikHpn said:
I usually find your posts very informative, and I tend to agree with most of them, but this one just doesn't seem right. I mean I don't know why DCA isn't very popular I find it interesting and I love the themeing, but then again I am a native Californian.

That's a very well-thought out analysis of how you see DCA.

I agree with some of it - for instance, that Grizzly is far superior to Kali and Mullholland is comparable to (and better than) that horrid spinning thing in Dinoland. I also have high hopes for Monsters, Inc. - I'm a sucker for dark rides (even if I haven't seen the movie, which I haven't in this case).

I think the prevaling attitude about DCA (that I share) is that it's a hodge podge more than anything else. Yes, some of the individual attractions are cool, but there is little cohesiveness past the few directly California-related aspects. Like, the Bugs Land - I guess there are bugs in CA, but there are bugs pretty much everywhere - what does this have to do with a California Adventure? And personally, all the carnie-rides just turn me off - even with their theming. They do the same at the AK - I don't set foot in Dinorama, and I try not to look at it as I sneak over to Dinosaur (the ride).

DCA isn't a terrible way to spend a day, but I just don't think a hodge podge of attractions like that is going to be a template for any future Disney park. Or, more accurately...I hope.

AEfx

Lynx04

Cloning should only be used for a quick, cheap fix. As you can see DLP needs a quick, cheap fix, which is why they are getting all the clones over the next few years. WDW does not need a quick fix, they needs fresh state-of-the-art attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom