What would you like to see changed if Fantasmic! goes on a refurb?

EPCOT Explorer

I agree, EPCOT is pure class, except for a few things added in the cynical 1990's.

If it weren't for EPCOT, I wouldn't need to return to WDW ever again. But then I'm not a big animal lover, so DAK only has a passing interest for me. DHS is mediocre, and Magic Kingdom is borderline depressing compared to Disneyland. And as a West Coaster, the Florida weather doesn't do much for me.

But EPCOT is fantastic, and has a great deal of class. :)

Hee hee!:sohappy: A small victory!:lol: I didn't even get into Future World! Which is a bit less than it used to be, but at certain points looks and feels fantastic.:D (Future World West!)

DAK has the class too...It's wonderfully themed. It just needs a few more things.

I could understand MK being depressing to a West Coaster. DL looks like heaven.:eek:

_Scar

So I have heard.:eek: It sounds more elegant and more of what Walt would want. For ALL his parks....It's a given that TDS and TDL get's it!:lol:

Don't write off all of WDW, though.;) EPCOT of course. WS at night is one of the most serene and beautiful sights I can think of. The light music in the background building for IllumiNations, sunset on the lagoon, torches aglow and illuminating the architecture of the national pavilions...:eek:

EPCOT has class too.:animwink: It just needs to get to the rest of Walt Disney World.

DAK and DHS follow theme accodingly and I never saw a hot dog cart just cotton candy and night lights. Don't let that get to ya :ROFLOL:

FigmentJedi

*Bring in some of the World of Color technology to replace the old waterscreens
*Replace Pocahontas with something else. Weakest part of the show.
*Make the Steamboat at the end a lot better looking
* Maybe introduce a new villain sequence in which Mickey encounters them all on the way to fighting Maleficent. Could use waterscreens to bring in stuff like the Firebird or the Omnidroid.
*Upgrade the dragon.

TP2000

SirGoofy

For those keeping score at home, here's the difference in tone and atmosphere before Fantasmic! at Disneyland and WDW.

WDW has bleachers and does the wave fueled by hot dogs and beer...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsjw7BGuELU&feature=related

Disneyland has New Orleans Square and does jazz fueled by beignets and mint juleps...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKUCQZFBQjI

Both can be fun, but they are very different approaches to pre-show entertainment.

I hate, hate, hate the freaking wave. Hate it. With a passion. What I wouldn't give to have the Disneyland Fant! set up.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I hate, hate, hate the freaking wave. Hate it. With a passion. What I wouldn't give to have the Disneyland Fant! set up.
Wait... the wave that the audience invariably does before the show? What's to hate? It's just people keeping themselves entertained... or am I missing something?

Disneygirl91395

ok i think 3 things should be changed/updated
1. do something with steamboat willie touch it up new paint job something
2. up date the dragon
3. make the show a little quieter so when i stay at pop and just happen to get the room in the back o the 50's when i come back from a day at the parks and am outside or inside near the window i dont have to hear it

other than that it just needs a couple little fixes :D

Minnie17

Fantasmic is perfect for the first time viewer, and saying that even after seeing it 2/3 more times it is still amazing... its only disney veterans that would want it to be changed in anyway... and for that it would not be worth the time and money for disney to update.

As a veteran myself, I quite like to see the Pocahontas sequence be replaced with the Peter Pan sequence from DL.

elisatonks

I would have to agree, i loved it when they used to have the preshow. The wave is okay on the nights when the guest start it 5 min before, but the tour groups like to start them like an hour before the show, and then to make it worse they start chanting, it does get annoying but the managers nowadays do there best to shut them up.

etpinge

Never seen DHS F!

Fantasmic is perfect for the first time viewer, and saying that even after seeing it 2/3 more times it is still amazing... its only disney veterans that would want it to be changed in anyway... and for that it would not be worth the time and money for disney to update.

As a veteran myself, I quite like to see the Pocahontas sequence be replaced with the Peter Pan sequence from DL.

Being a Never-Seen-the-DHSF!-Live-Only-the-YouTube-Version I would agree with the consensus. Pocohantas is the slow section. The kids ask to skip it. But there is no need to duplicate the DLR version with Peter Pan (I have seen that live). Find another scene, a Jack Sparrow choreographed scene could be fun. Each venue is unique to its own setting and should be unique with the Mickey wrapper on both sides. Good planning and marketing will drag everyone from coast to coast and continent to continent to see the differences in all sites.

KingMickey

In the Parks
Yes
Here's what I would want changed if Fantasmic! went under refurb.

-Redesigned opening sequence, with new and improved lighting and fountains. Similar to Disneyland's updated version.

-Bring the pyro sparks back in the Sorcerer's Apprentice sequence.

-I would say completely cut the Bubbles sequence just because it's a full three minute segment of staring at a water screen, while Disney tunes are played, but I know Disney wouldn't cut it. If it could be changed, I'd want it to be changed into several smaller, actual stage scenes from a few Disney movies (I.E. Aladdin-A Whole New World Segment, Pinocchio-DL's Segment, Beauty and the Beast-Be Our Guest Segment, The Little Mermaid-Part of You World/Under the Sea Segment).

-Cut out the Pocahontas scene. It just gets old very quickly. I think there are quite a few other segmenta out there that could work very well. There's Hercules, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mulan, I think it'd even be interesting to see a possible Alice in Wonderland scene.

-The Queen's transformation scene is pretty obvious. When you look at DL's, the entire area is covered in smoke, hiding the transformation well, where as at WDW, it just looks obvious. So, improved lighting and smoke effects.

-Scrap out the Hades' water screen scene and put the actual scene on the mountain with a person playing Hades.

-Am I the only one who's ever dreamed of seeing an AA Chernabog rise from the mountain in WDW? I know that it'd must likely NEVER happen...but I can still dream.

-New Dragon from DL please.

-New finale modeled after DL's version, with the new pyro and lighting. Also, it'd be nice to see the Steamboat get spruced up a bit. Nothing major, just making it look better.

EPCOTPluto

-Am I the only one who's ever dreamed of seeing an AA Chernabog rise from the mountain in WDW? I know that it'd must likely NEVER happen...but I can still dream.
Interesting thought, though. And considering he's in the background of postcards like so:

img_fantasmic01.jpg

It's rather low-key to add him if he's barely shown, (and on projectors!), in the show!

EPCOT Explorer

If they were to really change it, I would want them to add more movies to it...But Live action! I know Disney is known for animation, but Mary Poppins, 20K, even POTC could have great roles in Mickey's Imagination.

Also...just have Sorcerer Mickey fight the dragon...I don't know who the Swordman Mickey is....and the posters depict Sorcerer Mickey doing everything. It would look cooler.:lol:

Slowjack

Don't care for it myself

I guess the wife and I are exceptions, but we've only seen Fantasmic once, and we've never been back. It's just not worth waiting for.

I think the problem is that a lot of the show is people in costumes running/dancing around, but if you're not sitting in one of the lower seats (which of course would mean even more waiting), you're a long way from the performers. It's like watching Spectromagic from a hundred yards away. I get the impression that at Disneyland there's fewer people, closer to the action.

For overall spectacle, compared to Spectromagic or Illuminations, Fantasmic is lackluster. So what would I like to see for a Fantasmic refurb? Something else entirely!

prbiker15

Original Poster
They should leave Sorcerer Mickey at the end of the show cuz it's the climax of the show, but it has to be a little more "magical".

Animaniac93-98

- New Dragon
- Cosmetic upgrades to but ugly "steam boat"
- Improved rock work (and maybe some plant life to make it look less like a stage, one of the things that makes Disneyland's so muhc better is the pre exiting layered enviroment it takes place in, including the pre existing boats, island and landscaping)
- Padding on the benches
- A decent pre-show
- New snake
- Replace Pocahontas with 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea:

Have the Nautilus come from one end of the river and a ship on the other, they stop just before meeting, the boat explodes and sinks into the water. As Nemo is about to claim his victory the giant squid rises and a fight takes place. As the fight occurs, Mickey appears on the rock work at Nemo's organ pounding away as the fight takes place.

EPCOTPluto

- Improved rock work (and maybe some plant life to make it look less like a stage, one of the things that makes Disneyland's so much better is the pre exiting layered environment it takes place in, including the pre existing boats, island and landscaping).
Of course, the places where sparks from the fireworks fall are to be concerned... :shrug:

prbiker15

Original Poster
Hmm another few things:

-Add Disneyland's Pink Elephants Audio for it to be played while the Bubbles scene happen.
-Take out the Little Mermaid part of the Bubbles, why is it there?
-Since Hades has his big moment in the show, put him on a barge or something so he can talk or whatever while his scene goes on
-Steamboat Willie: Add some decorations and new type of falling fireworks (not the spinning ones unless it can be mechanically safe
-Sorcerer Mickey: Change the pyro at the top of the mountain, new pyro (not the same to DLRs unless a few stuff) and lights.
-Ending Mickey: New pyro, and yet a little more exciting. Green flash at the end please.

_Scar

Wait... the wave that the audience invariably does before the show? What's to hate? It's just people keeping themselves entertained... or am I missing something?

*claps* THIS.

Some people get here 2 hours before the show starts to wait. They need to do something for their sanity. I like the wave. It can go quick or eally slow or regular. It's just the human nature to do SOMETHING rather than sit in a bleacher for 2 hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom