What would you like to see changed if Fantasmic! goes on a refurb?

janoimagine

There hasn't even been a Day 1 yet, as the dragon has yet to make a public appearance. :lol:

If it weren't for all the Al Lutz updates this summer, it would be entirely easy to believe that there never was a new dragon, nor will there ever be one.

Although, the latest buzz is that the new dragon does exist and should be making its first public appearance in Fantasmic! around August 20th. :cool:

Day 1 is a figure of speech, :rolleyes: the dragon hasn't made a public appearance because it hasn't functioned properly, and your right, my information is based off of Al Lutz, and according to Mr. Lutz the dragon was just turned over to entertainment to begin programming about a week ago. Sorry if you took my post to mean that it had been used in a show for the public. :shrug:

starwood

First off, they need some types of vents to control the smoke debris from the fireworks. I saw the show about 2 weeks ago and could not even see Mickey at the end due to the amount of smoke.

So:
-Take out the Pocahontas Scene.
-HD Projections
-New Snake (if possible Animatronic)
-New dragon
-New ending sequence like disneyland's.
-New Steamboat

hazelrah

The first thing I would remove is those darn metal bleachers. I'd put in some football stadium seats, where every butt has its own chair with a back for leaning against. The Fantasmic bleachers and the LMA bleachers are just about the most uncomfortable seating arrangements on property. I'm in agony every time I go to one of those shows.

If you're talking about adding/removing acts, I think Fantasmic definitely is too heavy on the water screens.

I would LOVE to see the 20K Squid Fight that somebody mentioned earlier. That idea is killer, and now it seems almost criminal that it is NOT in the show. Would've been so easy to to salvage one of those old 20K subs and send it around the moat, with its eyes glowing green, while the squid bursts from the water. Fantasmic indeed.

If I wanted to go really pie in the sky, I would change our version from DL's at the ending. Get rid of our dragon and use a different villain. Why build a giant mountain if it isn't going to turn into Chernabog at the end?

prbiker15

Original Poster
Hmm I would take out the metal bleachers also for some reason, make it really sound like 10,000 people or less can fit there.

EPCOT Explorer

Aren't they having huge problems with the new dragon?
That's over at DL, though. We have the same show as before...just cut.
I agree that's something the WDW version needs; a pre-show.

At Disneyland they have a great jazz band that goes floating out on a raft for a half hour before show time, playing jazzy Disney tunes and talking to the crowd. It's a classy touch, and something WDW needs.

Something like this would be great to borrow from Disneyland... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW6KHIpdEUE

Classy. Why does everything at DL sound classy?:lol: You are not the first to describe it like that....:eek: Makes me REALLY want to go.

elisatonks

Hmm F! is having 4 shows a week in September and November..I think these are peak seasons right?

Except for Thanksgiving week there are currently on 2 shows a week. :( hopefully this will change.

The first thing I would remove is those darn metal bleachers. I'd put in some football stadium seats, where every butt has its own chair with a back for leaning against. The Fantasmic bleachers and the LMA bleachers are just about the most uncomfortable seating arrangements on property. I'm in agony every time I go to one of those shows.

I agree, both because they are uncomfortable, and also because they are the cause of most of the injuries at F! (cos people climb over them to try and get out quicker, and fall and hit their heads.)

First off, they need some types of vents to control the smoke debris from the fireworks. I saw the show about 2 weeks ago and could not even see Mickey at the end due to the amount of smoke.

Hmm, i don't think vents would work with it being outdoors. Unfortunetly Disney haven't yet found a way to bargin with mother nature, about the wind direction.

3 for a dollar should do their gig here! I heard they got laid off though, true?

4 for a dollar, were indeed handed the pink slip, so sad (i have heard rumor they are now at a rival park.) They did use to have preshow entertainment before the show in its early years, from what i was told it was cut because it was decided they were not needed. (bad decision in may opinion, they would have at least shut up the Brazilian tour groups.)

Nightly performances would be great, Id rather have no AI attraction at all than have Fantasmic ( a classic!) suffer

seconded.

People get splashed in first row from Monstro

This happens already

Upgrade117

I have sat in the very front row and the separated benches right before the fence in the front at least 10 times and have never gotten splashed by the Monstro scene or the Sorcerer Mickey scene (both utilize the same water splashing effect). If anything you may catch some mist from the water screens more so than the splashing effects. I think the splashes are more for show than to actual get people wet.

Also everyone is wanting less of the water screens.. I agree with you to some extent, but these screens are needed for the live-action portions to have time to transition from one scene to the next.. so we can't just get rid of a water screen segment just like that..

Even if this were to happen, the actual soundtrack would have to be tampered with too, or new segments would have to be recored, etc.. just saying.

Mimi

I don't know what World of Color is but if its anything like that fire/water show BraviSEAmo! at Tokyo Disney Sea I'm all for it!!!

I've never seen it in person (and odds are I won't be making out to Tokyo anytime soon to catch it) but I saw a video of it and it is cool!

EPCOT Explorer

I don't know what World of Color is but if its anything like that fire/water show BraviSEAmo! at Tokyo Disney Sea I'm all for it!!!

I've never seen it in person (and odds are I won't be making out to Tokyo anytime soon to catch it) but I saw a video of it and it is cool!

World of Color is the new Nighttime Spectacular planned for DCA. It will rely all on Water Screens, lights, fountains, lasers, and some low level pyro.

Personally I think it will revolutionize night shows for Disney

As for BraviSEAmo...YES!!!:sohappy::sohappy::lol: That show is fantastic, too. Great music, theme, pyro and AA's. :D LOVE that show.

_Scar

I saw F! on Tuesday and it is like a mad house. It seems like everyone plans to see that show in their vacation and after the first show that was well over JAM PACKED the second show at 10:30 had a massive line from where you see the first signs of F! by ToT. (that is a crazy long line)

I don't think Disney needs to subrtact from this show, and it is hard to knit pick it to death, so I'd suggest updating it every 5 years or adding a few more seats and a scene or two to make it a 30 minute show.

TP2000

Classy. Why does everything at DL sound classy?:lol: You are not the first to describe it like that....:eek: Makes me REALLY want to go.

There is a very different vibe to Disneyland compared to WDW.

There are exceptions on both coasts of course, but overall Disneyland has a sense of class and even elegance that WDW too often lacks in its park operations. Most of the differences between Disneyland and WDW are just little touches, even mere nuances, but they add up to an overall feel and vibe. I've experienced the same classy touches at Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea, but rarely at WDW parks.

The very classy, upscale jazz band gently floating out on the water before Fantasmic! on perfect California evenings is a good example of that, where at WDW's Fantasmic they sell hot dogs from shouting vendors and do the wave like a college football game. Not that college football games aren't fun, but that's not the vibe they are after at Disneyland.

Disneyland just has a lot of class. :animwink:

EPCOT Explorer

There is a very different vibe to Disneyland compared to WDW.

There are exceptions on both coasts of course, but overall Disneyland has a sense of class and even elegance that WDW too often lacks in its park operations. Most of the differences between Disneyland and WDW are just little touches, even mere nuances, but they add up to an overall feel and vibe. I've experienced the same classy touches at Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea, but rarely at WDW parks.

The very classy, upscale jazz band gently floating out on the water before Fantasmic! on perfect California evenings is a good example of that, where at WDW's Fantasmic they sell hot dogs from shouting vendors and do the wave like a college football game. Not that college football games aren't fun, but that's not the vibe they are after at Disneyland.

Disneyland just has a lot of class. :animwink:
So I have heard.:eek: It sounds more elegant and more of what Walt would want. For ALL his parks....It's a given that TDS and TDL get's it!:lol:

Don't write off all of WDW, though.;) EPCOT of course. WS at night is one of the most serene and beautiful sights I can think of. The light music in the background building for IllumiNations, sunset on the lagoon, torches aglow and illuminating the architecture of the national pavilions...:eek:

EPCOT has class too.:animwink: It just needs to get to the rest of Walt Disney World.

TP2000

EPCOT has class too.:animwink: It just needs to get to the rest of Walt Disney World.

I agree, EPCOT is pure class, except for a few things added in the cynical 1990's.

If it weren't for EPCOT, I wouldn't need to return to WDW ever again. But then I'm not a big animal lover, so DAK only has a passing interest for me. DHS is mediocre, and Magic Kingdom is borderline depressing compared to Disneyland. And as a West Coaster, the Florida weather doesn't do much for me.

But EPCOT is fantastic, and has a great deal of class. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom