What will Disney announce for Disney World at the 2022 D23 expo?

J4546

Not saying I want ToT to be re-themed, but if it ever was (and with GotG already in EPCOT), I'd sign up for a Dr. Strange version of the ride. Feels inevitable that at SOME POINT, they'll find a way to turn Sunset Boulevard into a Marvel Area with what properties they could use, and with both of those attractions already having been reskinned to Marvel properties in other parks.
If they made ToT a Dr Strange ride with alternating missions thatd be chill. LIke the preshow is dr strange telling you that your gonna be helping the avengers but you dont know who until he creates a portal and hen your helping....spiderman, iron man, whoever. But if there were like 4-5 missions rotating id like that

RSoxNo1

For WDW I think anything less than an announcement of 3 ride additions or replacements would be considered a disappointment. Even that has the potential to be disappointing.

They could satisfy that with an off the shelf flat ride for Dinorama, a SSE redo and dusting off Mary Poppins.

I am preparing to be disappointed, but my (hopefully realistic) wishlist is as follows:

• SSE Update that doesn't include characters
  • Imagination update that returns it to its former glory w/Dreamfinder
  • Substantial overhaul to Dinorama with a net gain (over current operations) of at least 1 new attraction.
  • Smaller updates like Harmonious, shows in DHS, etc.
They need to do more than that, but for me, Imagination and Dinorama are the big priorities right now.

Last edited:

DCLcruiser

For WDW I think anything less than an announcement of 3 ride additions or replacements would be considered a disappointment. Even that has the potential to be disappointing.

They could satisfy that with an off the shelf flat ride for Dinorama, a SSE redo and dusting off Mary Poppins.

I am preparing to be disappointed, but my (hopefully realistic) wishlist is as follows:

• Substantial overhaul to Dinorama with a net gain (over current operations) of at least 1 new attraction.
They need to do more than that, but for me, Imagination and Dinorama are the big priorities right now.
Wasn't Mary Poppins just a meet n greet area w/ some facades?

Kamikaze

Not saying I want ToT to be re-themed, but if it ever was (and with GotG already in EPCOT), I'd sign up for a Dr. Strange version of the ride. Feels inevitable that at SOME POINT, they'll find a way to turn Sunset Boulevard into a Marvel Area with what properties they could use, and with both of those attractions already having been reskinned to Marvel properties in other parks.
ToT is 100% going to be rethemed.

SailorMercury

Epcot turning 40 would be the perfect time to announce the one thing fans have wanted since 1999. But with Disney embracing With Figment with the amount of Imagination Institute Figment merch they’ve been dropping, I’m not holding out hope for Imagination V4.

Though I will take what we have now over Inside Out being put in.

DoleWhipDrea

I don't want to hear them announce any new overlays/updates of successful existing attractions (unless there's some specific great need.) The parks desperately need more capacity. They've closed and replaced too many times when they need to be adding - and they have an unfortunate habit of replacing things that all guests could enjoy with attractions that have rider limitations.

I expect to be disappointed, but I continue to hope at the very least that Imagination gets the TLC it deserves and is brought back to its original glory, SSE gets a proper refurbishment without getting rid of a bunch of AAs, and that some major additions are coming to DAK. Ultimately, they'll truly be fools if they don't announce something to compete with Epic Universe.

Kamikaze

Tower is the DHS icon right now. I don’t think we’ll see a retheme. Especially with Taika Waititi working on a ToT movie. If anything, they’ll give it the synergy with the movie whenever it comes out. But I don’t think we’ll lose Tower’s current theme all together.
Yes, it will be rethemed to the ScarJo movie. It will drop 'Twilight Zone' and any semblance of the current story. That's exactly what I was alluding to.

solidyne

I would love to see a crazy Dr. Strange dark ride. There's a bunch of classic dark ride and magic tricks mixed with modern technology to create something really spectacular. It seems like a no-brainer to me...
And that's why you won't see it!
I don't want to hear them announce any new overlays/updates of successful existing attractions (unless there's some specific great need.) The parks desperately need more capacity. They've closed and replaced too many times when they need to be adding - and they have an unfortunate habit of replacing things that all guests could enjoy with attractions that have rider limitations.

I expect to be disappointed, but I continue to hope at the very least that Imagination gets the TLC it deserves and is brought back to its original glory, SSE gets a proper refurbishment without getting rid of a bunch of AAs, and that some major additions are coming to DAK. Ultimately, they'll truly be fools if they don't announce something to compete with Epic Universe.
And that's why they won't announce something competitive!

CentralFLlife

Add to Disney Cruise Line:
- Disney Wonder dry dock in Fall 2023 and/or;
- Disney Wonder to sail out of Australia

Add to Walt Disney World resorts:
- Details for Poly DVC tower

Add to Disneyland resorts misc:
- Opening date for Villas at Disneyland Hotel
I think we’d see a major Fantasy/Dream dry dock before the Wonder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom