What will Disney announce for Disney World at the 2022 D23 expo?

EeyoreFan#24

My WDW list.

Magic Kingdom:
Splash Details and timeline
Tron date
WDWRR date
GF/MK hotel

EPCOT:
Moana/Spine date
Harmonious update
Reimagined Festival Center
Play date
(WS need something, but not on my hopeful shortlist)

DHS:
Animation Courtyard land project
Star Tours retheme
MFSR new missions

Animal Kingdom
Dino land/dinosaur retheme
New lake show

DS
NBA Experience replacement

Time to tally up the scorecard:

Magic Kingdom:
Splash Details and timeline - some, but not really
Tron date - same

WDWRR date - wrong
GF/MK hotel - wrong

EPCOT:
Moana/Spine date - again some, but not really
Harmonious update - sort of, anniversary show

Reimagined Festival Center - wrong
Play date - wrong
(WS need something, but not on my hopeful shortlist) - wrong

DHS:
Animation Courtyard land project - wrong
Star Tours retheme - wrong
MFSR new missions - wrong

Animal Kingdom
Dino land/dinosaur retheme - hey! got one
New lake show - wrong

DS
NBA Experience replacement - wrong

I though my list was kind of light anyway, but here we are.

cookiee_munster

Urgh! And the friggin' cruise line announcement! Is this what it comes down to? A Disney armada of ships!?!?

Put the money back into the parks! Argh!

It's laughable just how absolutely rubbish this years Parks announcements were. Do you think they spent all the park budgets on getting the big A-Listers to appear at this event? 🤣🤣🤣

DonniePeverley

Lol six flags has nothing of this caliber. Sorry you don't like it but the overwhelming concensus that i hear is that's its spectacular

But 6 flags do these type of nonsensical coasters, lick of paint, some screens, make it spin and go fast and call it something like 'Supermans revenge', with some blue paint (because Superman wears blue). Bingo.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
My Expectations for D23 are muted:

-Formal announcement of Disneyland Tarzan Treehouse Retheme
-More details on Frog Mountain
-Opening Time Frame for Tron
-Opening Time Frame for Moana
-Updates on the new Cruise Ships (details on some of the restaurants/themeing)
-Have the new Walt statue for EPCOT on site for people to take pics with
-Play Pavilion Up-Date (maybe a preview of some of the games/update on opening)

Anything else would be icing, but I'm not expecting much...
Ahh, so I got 5 out of 7 on my BINGO card... not too bad...

Jrb1979

Lol six flags has nothing of this caliber. Sorry you don't like it but the overwhelming concensus that i hear is that's its spectacular
Not Six Flags but the new coaster coming to Busch Gardens Williamsburg is on par minus the spinning. The point is while it's a good addition to Epcot it's still no where on the level as many of the original attractions. It's still a screen based ride. What bugs me is people praise this yet always hates on Universal for doing the same thing.

LSLS

I feel like the general consensus is that guardians is the best of the new additions in the last 5+ years… maybe I’ve got that wrong though.
Which is sad for anyone who thinks themes in the parks are good. The ride is fun (in fact i loved the actual coaster part of this, it was fun zipping around like it does), but they didn't even attempt to integrate it into Epcot. I agree with others, there is no chance this is a six flags style ride (unless you put it outside and take away the que), but there is a real comparison to the continuity in the parks. The roller coaster heavy parks usually put in a cool coaster with an awesome name, but don't theme it up to any sort of area (sometimes they do have miniland stuff going on). I'd argue that's exactly what this is.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Unfortunately it won't, and I'll eat those words if it is. I expect the "investments" to be heavily weighted towards France and Communist China.

Drat, I had some fresh bread, cheese, and mustard ready. I believe we'll be diversifying more what we visit during our Florida vacations to actually experience new attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom