What will Disney announce for Disney World at the 2022 D23 expo?

ToTBellHop

Arguably it may straighten out the view a little.. Could be onto something.
They already make the Eiffel Tower look straighter than it does in real life. Took this a couple weeks back:

1661894339742.jpeg

No Name

At some point, things turned from people warning us to expect almost no announcements, to other people also warning us to expect a ton of announcements. I don’t know what changed.

J4546

just heard rumors of a new mira costa style on property hotel for epcot. Gonna redo the harbor and make it bigger to hold the main ring of harmonious, 400+ rooms all facing inward toward what is now the new italy pavilion, food and shops are moved creating a massive venice themed area for guests to walk and explore, with new gondola boat ride going around the land. the entire complex would only be 4-5 stories at most and not seen from inside the park giving you a wow moment when you turn that corner and see how big it is, the road leading to the new hotel also has a bend for a big reveal as well, cars are parked out of site. The the old italy pavilion gets redeveloped into something new. So you get a new pavilion out of this as well!

of course there are no rumors just my fantasy that i made with mspaint lol

Attachments

• epcoth.jpg
    epcoth.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 88

doctornick

At some point, things turned from people warning us to expect almost no announcements, to other people also warning us to expect a ton of announcements. I don’t know what changed.

I don't know if anything has changed really, but there were some hints that the most recent financial quarter reports that was quite positive has inspired the company to loosen the purse strings in regards to the parks.

SailorMercury

D23 Rumors: (Source: Trust me, bro).

Rock N Rollercoaster will switch out Aerosmith for Olivia Rodrigo

Dinorama will become Encanto themed. Same carnival games, except the tents play We Don’t Talk About Bruno on loop.

Norway will get a new attraction: Frozen Ever After 2. It’s the same thing as Frozen Ever After, but it’s the sequel.

Tower of Terror will get a new story based on the Disney+ series Muppets Now! Nothing scarier than sitting through an episode of that show.

Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is cancelled. Instead, Splash Mountain will now be retheme to an attraction based on the upcoming Disney+ Series, “Tiana”

Journey into Imagination with Figment will get an overhaul with the return of Dreamfinder (now played by Eric Idle). In this version, Figment will attempt to teach Dreamfinder the true meaning of Imagination by hijacking a tour through the 5 senses in the Imagination Institute.

These are all totally real and not made up on spot. Trust me.

ToTBellHop

You're guessing.

Disney will absolutely want to see how that movie performs first. Assuming it ends up being made.

Don't talk as if this is a given.
Yeah, that’s hardly profound. I doubt it will make $1bn, but if it does, obviously our ride will be looked at. If it flops, we keep our broken effects.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind looking at ScarJo instead of Rod.

Kamikaze

You're guessing.

Disney will absolutely want to see how that movie performs first. Assuming it ends up being made.

Don't talk as if this is a given.
Its a given. They don't want to continue to pay CBS/Paramount for Twilight Zone. They will 100% retheme the ToT attraction to match the movie.

Unless the movie outright Morbs the box office, the ride will change.

And after the Black Widow debacle, they're definitely not canceling the movie on her.

James Alucobond

That poster celebrates the WDW 50th anniversary more than anything they actually did at the parks. It at least features 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
Am I crazy for thinking that it’s actually intended to celebrate recent new things (e.g. since the pandemic) and upcoming stuff? Like, Narissa for Disenchanted, Mulan for the recent remake, the candle for Encanto, the Xandarian starblaster for Cosmic Rewind, Indy for the upcoming movie, SEA for the new series, etc.? I assume it’s more a celebration of recent successes and things soon to come rather than the history of the company.

MadderAdder

Am I crazy for thinking that it’s actually intended to celebrate recent new things (e.g. since the pandemic) and upcoming stuff? Like, Narissa for Disenchanted, Mulan for the recent remake, the candle for Encanto, the Xandarian starblaster for Cosmic Rewind, Indy for the upcoming movie, SEA for the new series, etc.? I assume it’s more a celebration of recent successes and things soon to come rather than the history of the company.
Show wise I also see Mandolorian and Monsters at Work! Both much more recent than legacy.

SailorMercury

Guardians, Indy, Mulan, and Enchanted are all big parts of Disney history. The S.E.A. is a fan favorite storyline around the world, and Encanto was inescapable for months. All of those being on the poster is a no-brainer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom