What were your "firsts" on your most recent visit?

sbkline

To start out with, this was my first time ever staying on property, my first time stepping foot in any Disney resort hotel, and my first time to even see the resorts that you can't see from DTD or the theme parks.

At Magic Kingdom, my firsts were: Dole Whip, Carosel of Progress, Refurbed PoTC, and Country Bear Jamboree (and probably my last on that one as well).

Epcot:Journey into Imagination, Circle of Life, The Seas with Nemo, Refurbed Living with the Land, O Canada, the China movie (can't remember its actual name), American Adventure, and Grand Fiesta Tour

Animal Kingdom: Festival of the Lion King and Expedition Everest

The Studios: Fantasmic, Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage, Stunt Car show (can't remember the full name of that one either), Muppet Vision 3D and the Narnia exhibit.

Some of these weren't there on my last visit in 2004, but most of them are just ones that we either skipped, or just never even noticed.

It was also the first time I met a poster from wdwmagic, although last year was my first time posting here, so that stands to reason.

Laura

Premium Member
Hmmm....

MK - Liberty Belle Riverboat and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, also the new version of Pirates

AK - Rafiki's Planet Watch, Flights of Wonder, Finding Nemo the Musical

MGM - Saw Beauty and the Beast for the first time in about 12 years, went during Star Wars Weekend for the first time

Epcot - Saw Impressions de France for the first time in ages, ate at Alfredo's (meh)

I think that's it for the new stuff.

Upvote 0

mary219

So many this time-
first time:On property-this is a big one-nothing compares
:Eating in Boma,le cellier,chef mickeys,ohanas
:riding on EE,Monsters Inc.,crush,test track and tot ,splash down
:no haunted mansion :( while in wdw
:seeing a deer while on the monorail
:no carriages or baby bags or rides i can't ride because of babies
:first and LAST time eating at sci fi diner :hurl:

Upvote 0

Rogue21

Firsts . . .

My most recent trip was December of 2006, prior to that it'd been 2001.

Firsts from the last trip --
AK: EE, Legend of the Lion King, Finding Nemo-the Musical, Safari ale at the Dawa Bar, finally saw DiVine -- twice.

MGM/DS:Sounds Dangerous, Osbourne Family Lights.

MK: Dole Whip, mutant turkey leg, Wishes, SGE.

Epcot: M:S (high octane version!), The Seas w/ Nemo & Friends, Soarin', Segway Tour, Grand Marnier slushy at the France Pavilion (wa-ay better than the Dole Whip :slurp: ).

Also, first time to Raglan Road and the grounds of the Grand Floridian to dine at Citricos.

Upvote 0

col

first has to be having my birthday in WDW! startin my birthday off in AK (CB and a card!!) and spending the rest of the day at MK with spectromagic and finishing my birthday with wishes!!!
AK: everest -single rider line :sohappy: !!, nemo the musical (once is enough).pocahontas, FOTLK (basically camp minnie/mickey)

MGM: nothin been on it all

EPCOT:the sea cabs ride, a churro at the mexican pavillion :slurp:

MK: dream along with mickey -blew me away, dumbo ride, the new POTC, tom sawyer island -was like a pinball when u go to the caves lol, monsters in laugh floor (wont go there again). ive been on everything else.

WWOS: 1st baseball game ive ever been to and i loved it!!!

ive been on everything and seen all the parades and firework shows in the parks.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

My last trip was in March/April.

1. First Grand Gathering.
2. First time at Donald's Breakfastosaurus.
3. First time riding EE, Nemo and rehabbed PoTC.
4. First time at Monsters Inc.
5. First time dining at Coral Reef.
6. First time tour - Epcot's The Seas Aqua Tour.
7. First Dole Whip.
8. First time at the Motors, Lights etc. stunt show.
9. First time riding SM with DS6.

Upvote 0

sleepybear

First Dole Whip
First time on Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor
And, because my boyfriend was in a conference during the day, it was the first time I was in the parks by myself. It felt strange.

Upvote 0

Dagger

Mine was mostly food and entertainment shows...

First Spectro, Figaro Fries, Dole Whip, Moose mouse at Le Cellier (and this wound up being my favorite dessert the whole time!), first time on the people mover as an adult, first time eating at 50's PTC and 'Ohana, first time on the Nemo ride as well as seeing the Nemo musical, and first time winning DFPs!

Upvote 0

cpeterstx

Let's see...

First time to stay at POR, eat at Artist's Point, set foot on the WL property. First time to stay at a non-monorail property. First time to eat at the two French restaurants (Yummy!). First time to tour the Disney museum at the Park formerly known as D/MGM.

Oh, yeah, it was also the first time I was ever able to get a FastPass Return time for Soarin' that was before 2pm!

Upvote 0

AstareGod

This list will be a long one...

Firsts...
Going to the parks by myself.
Driving on property, and getting WAY lost because I made a right turn instead of a left. Whoops.
Getting a job that I actually can't wait to return to.

MK
Hearing the "FSU" chipmunk/gopher/rodent in Splash Mountain.
Knowing where that overpass on the WDW RR actually comes from and goes to.
Going into the Utilidors and having it feel odd that there were no guests around me.

Epcot
SEGWAY TOUR! It was worth the money!
Watching RoE on my birthday, for free too!
Breaking a record for the most times I've seen RoE during a trip... I've only seen it once per trip, but last trip I saw it 7 or 8 times and never got tired of it.
Leaving the park to do a circuit loop on the monorail, and then re-enter the park, just to kill time.
Being able to park in Amaze because the parking people were nowhere to be found.

DHS
Getting RAINED OUT at Fantasmic! 3 minutes before the show was to start, they cancelled it, and I was soaked to the bone. But I went back 2 nights after that and caught the show.

DAK
Flame Tree BBQ (mmmm)
Pangani Jungle Trek (It's so hidden!)

TL
First Disney Park I ever worked.
Being able to go on attractions when there are no guests in the park.
Being forced to stay on-stand in the freezing, pouring rain.
Realizing that there are cast members that can work without a shirt on.

There are probably a BUNCH of other things that I'm not remembering.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Hmmm....
MGM - Saw Beauty and the Beast for the first time in about 12 years, went during Star Wars Weekend for the first time

Epcot - Saw Impressions de France for the first time in ages, ate at Alfredo's (meh)

Then those things aren't FIRSTS, then are they? :p :lol: j/k

I thought this thread was dead. Looks like someone was bored last night and dug it up! :D

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

From last week

Well.... I had my first Dole Whip Float and it was wonderful!!!!:slurp:

We took my little girls best friend for her first visit and she loved it.

We stayed somewhere other than a Disney Resort hotel, Royal Plaza by DTD, and it was still fun. I still love staying onsite better.:animwink:

We drove in to the parks everyday and it was nice.

We watched the new Nemo show at AK and we loved it.

We watched the new Laugh Floor and it was okay I guess. Cute but IDK, could still use a little help. :lookaroun

I must say that this was the first time that we have been in Sept. and it was great. No crowds at all and walked on to everything with little or no wait. It was great.

That's it for me.:wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

Our last trip a few weeks ago was our first onsite stay:sohappy: loved it.
First time seeing AKL and eating at Boma.
First time seeing the Enchanted Tiki Room
First time at Laugh Floor.. very cute
First time winning the YoMD ! :sohappy:

First time seeing Nemo the Musical (loved, loved it)

First time using the Dining Plan free so double yea!

First time celebrating a special event (anniversary) Wow, they really go out of their way!

Our first trip in September and while it was hot, not as bad as I thought it would be the crowds were great, even better than the first of November and late Feb- Early March, loved it.

Upvote 0

Tinkrbell

MK: Peter Pan, Snow White, Winnie the Pooh, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, MNSSHP

Epcot: Soain', Food & Wine Festival,

MGM: Beauty & the Beast, Great Movie Ride,

DTD: Planet Hollywood

Other: entire trip on property(pop century), flyin without freaking out on take off & landing, using Magical Express

Upvote 0

elabron

First time........

1. .....without the wife and kids...just me and 2 buddies for my birthday
  2. .....riding Dinosaur: Countdown to Extinction
  3. .....riding Kali River Rapids
  4. .....falling asleep in American Adventure
  5. .....eating at Marrakesh in Morrocco (I highly reccomend it)
  6. .....not staying on the monorail line
  7. .....not utilizing the Disney Dining Plan
  8. .....ever being at WDW when the temperature was below 60
  9. .....I didn't overeat at Boma. :slurp:
  10. .....I was ready to go home early....missed the kids.
Going back to All Star Movies and the Poly in 35 days 4hrs 47mins 7secs!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

So, what did you win?Yeah! It's so cool, isn't it?
Dream Fast Passes and yes it is! :)

edit to add..
we were given regular fastpasses with a longer window that were not taken away our last trip by CMs at RnRC in March but it was just for RnRC, these were the whole park thing so I guess it still qualifies as our first big win.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom