What were your "firsts" on your most recent visit?

sbkline

To start out with, this was my first time ever staying on property, my first time stepping foot in any Disney resort hotel, and my first time to even see the resorts that you can't see from DTD or the theme parks.

At Magic Kingdom, my firsts were: Dole Whip, Carosel of Progress, Refurbed PoTC, and Country Bear Jamboree (and probably my last on that one as well).

Epcot:Journey into Imagination, Circle of Life, The Seas with Nemo, Refurbed Living with the Land, O Canada, the China movie (can't remember its actual name), American Adventure, and Grand Fiesta Tour

Animal Kingdom: Festival of the Lion King and Expedition Everest

The Studios: Fantasmic, Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage, Stunt Car show (can't remember the full name of that one either), Muppet Vision 3D and the Narnia exhibit.

Some of these weren't there on my last visit in 2004, but most of them are just ones that we either skipped, or just never even noticed.

It was also the first time I met a poster from wdwmagic, although last year was my first time posting here, so that stands to reason.

awalte7

I went to epcott for the first time. I usually skipped it for the parks that were more my style but it was stil cool

The first ride I always ride when I get to the world is haunted mansion in MK

Upvote 0

macsmom

First time going solo
First time on Soarin' (turned right around and went again)
First time seeing Fantasmic
First time seeing Philharmagic
First time seeing Festival of the Lion King
First time character dining - I loved it!
First time on Peter Pan's Flight
First time on the teacups
First time Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor

There are a few more, I think, but that is a good list.

danna

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

First time going solo
First time on Soarin' (turned right around and went again)
First time seeing Fantasmic
First time seeing Philharmagic
First time seeing Festival of the Lion King
First time character dining - I loved it!
First time on Peter Pan's Flight
First time on the teacups
First time Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor

There are a few more, I think, but that is a good list.

danna
I'm feeling very uneasy :eek: !!!

Upvote 0

CThaddeus

On my last trip I was determined to do every attraction at least once, including attractions I normally passed up because Disneyland has pretty much the same thing (the Carousel, for example). Not that it matters, but I put an asterik next to those attractions:
1. Watching the Electrical Water Pageant
2. Riding MK's Carousel*
3. Visiting Tom Sawyer Island*
4. Riding Aladdin's Magic Carpets* (because it's like Dumbo)
5. The Tea Cups*
6. The Indy Speedway* (because it's like Autopia)
7. Astro Orbiter* (similar to Disneyland's old Rocket Jets)
8. Seeing everything to do with Christmas around the World, including the parades and Illuminations tag.
9. Honey, I Shrunk the Audience*
10. Finding Nemo: The Ride
11. Finding Nemo: The Musical
12. Triceratop Spin* (Dumbo knockoff)

At the time, I was able to say the only attraction I haven't been on is Dumbo...because I refused to wait 45 minutes just to say I'd been on it. We'll see if it's worth waiting for next week.

Upvote 0

RussJT

Last trip:

First time seeing Animal Kingdom Lodge and first time eating at Boma

First time for Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management

First time to eat in Morocco (can't think of the name of the place right now)

First time to stay at All-Star Movies (my son picked it because of the giant Buzz Lightyear)

First time on Soarin'

First time on Expedition Everest

Upvote 0

poohbear6103

This past trip a few weeks ago, our first was eating at Victoria and Alberts. It was for our anniversary. We had always wanted to since we heard such good reviews but were turned off by the idea of having to bring "dress up" clothes to a place like WDW. This time we finally decided to just do it since the trip itself was for our anniversary. We were both so glad we did and made a resolution to do it again if we go again next year. All I have to say about the menu and service is WOW!!!

On another note this was also the first time we stayed Lagoon Concierge. We got a free upgrade and fresh flower leis when we arrived!! I actually let out a little scream in the lounge when the told us :)

Upvote 0

LoriMistress

There were a lot of firsts on our last trip to WDW (which was my first.) First time staying on Disney property (which was a huge first since I never stayed on Disney property at DLR.) The first seeing Epcot and that ugly wand. The first seeing Cinderella's Castle for the first time, etc.

On our upcoming trip for December, it will be the first time staying at POP. The first time we're seeing Cirque du Soliel. The first time we'll be eating at many restaurants (Le Cellier, Coral Reef, CRT, etc.) The first that we'll be in the parks during December. The first that we'll be attending MVMCP, and much much more.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom