What type of cars do all are members drive?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by garyhoov
To each his own. All I can tell you is I still can't get the smile off my face.:D

I was like that when I test drove the Mercedes C-230k KOMPRESSOR last year Grrrrrrrrrrr... I think the poor salesman messed his pants though....lol for a C-class...the thing is all power...so my next car will be a pre owned Caddy CTS or Pre-owned C230 KOMPRESSOR :D :)

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by DMC-12
I think the poor salesman messed his pants though

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Isn't that the best part of test driving? When the salesman asked me what I thought about taking the one I drove, I was tempted to say: "No thanks, I'd like one that hasn't been abused."

tenchu

That's actually the car that got me thinking about getting a new one, but after looking into it, it seems a bit heavy and oversized for my tastes. My (realistic) dream car is the Lotus Elise, and I've just heard rumors that they will be imported next year. I sent an e-mail to my local Lotus dealer to see if he could confirm that and get me on a waiting list, so his answer will help me decide if I should get the Boxster. The Elise weighs half as much as the 350Z.

I never realised you didn't get the elise overe there.

You see a few of them about over here.

They've brought out the mark II, and a couple of special editions.

And watch for the exige, the racing version of the elise. (I followed one around town for 30 mins in the summer.) :kiss:

Attachments

• exige1.jpg
    exige1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 89

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by tenchu
I never realised you didn't get the elise overe there.

You see a few of them about over here.

They've brought out the mark II, and a couple of special editions.

And watch for the exige, the racing version of the elise. (I followed one around town for 30 mins in the summer.) :kiss:

Yeah, I've been hoping they would import it since I first heard about it 5 or 6 years ago. I've seen a few when I've been in Europe, but, until now, I don't think they had the crash test data necessary for US sale.

A version of the Exige would be cool, but I'm afraid the price for that might go beyond what I could afford.

Lilo

OK here goes. Now remember there are two of us that drive. One '99 Acura 3.2TL, one '02 Honda Civic, and one 1982 280ZX totally restored. We had a Harley but we sold it.:cry:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Cool!!! The old 280Z's (and 260's and 240's) used to be my favorites, but I preferred the two-seaters. I think the '82's had back seats, does yours? Too bad about the Harley, maybe you can buy a Buell to replace it.

Lilo

Cool!!! The old 280Z's (and 260's and 240's) used to be my favorites, but I preferred the two-seaters. I think the '82's had back seats, does yours? Too bad about the Harley, maybe you can buy a Buell to replace it.

No the only Z's with a backseat are the 2+2 models. My husband had one of those, 1979 - he was in an accident and totaled the car. Our 1982 is a coupe model - no back seat.

As for the Buell. No way. I want my Harley. My husband told me as soon as we retire and my son is grown (he's now 6) we'll get another. I had a customized paint job on the tank (which I upgraded). It was a 1992 883 Hugger.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by Lilo

As for the Buell. No way. I want my Harley. My husband told me as soon as we retire and my son is grown (he's now 6) we'll get another. I had a customized paint job on the tank (which I upgraded). It was a 1992 883 Hugger.

Sounds nice!! (I'm not old enough for a Harley yet though) :lol: (just kidding . . . I am pretty old)

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
No the only Z's with a backseat are the 2+2 models. My husband had one of those, 1979 - he was in an accident and totaled the car. Our 1982 is a coupe model - no back seat.

I posted this on the other thread, but if you've got a photo (or link to a photo) I'd love to see it.

WDWFREAK53

I JUST HAD A GREAT IDEA FOR MY RESTORATION JOB!!!

Well, if you check back a few pages, you'll notice my former ride (the yellow new beetle) had a wind-up key on the back of it...

I have a 1971 Super Beetle that I'm in the process of restoring...

A PENNY RACER!!! Have a giant Penny on the back of it :lol: :hammer: (ok, I'm turnin' her into a Herbie...but that would be a neat little idea :) )

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
A PENNY RACER!!! Have a giant Penny on the back of it :lol: :hammer: (ok, I'm turnin' her into a Herbie...but that would be a neat little idea :) )

:lol: I like it (but I think a lot of people wouldn't get it). Are you serioulsy doing a Herbie? Do you have any in-process photos?

:wave:

WDWFREAK53

:lol: I like it (but I think a lot of people wouldn't get it). Are you serioulsy doing a Herbie? Do you have any in-process photos?

I can get ya some...I dont' have any yet...it's still purple at the moment

Lilo

I posted this on the other thread, but if you've got a photo (or link to a photo) I'd love to see it.

Tried to attach a photo but it won't work. Too big!! How small do I have to make it. It was in JPEG. Is that the problem.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Tried to attach a photo but it won't work. Too big!! How small do I have to make it. It was in JPEG. Is that the problem.

I'm not sure how big will fit. I think if you have a program that will take it down to 4" (not sure of pixels) it should work, or you can e-mail it to me at: and I'll shrink it and post it for you.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.

LOL....I have a 280Z....4 seater...rusting away on my mothers property up in Wisconsin....I have been meaning to restore it a bit....but there is soooo many electrical problems... I just get frustrated...and I let it rot more...lol

Lilo

Originally posted by DMC-12
LOL....I have a 280Z....4 seater...rusting away on my mothers property up in Wisconsin....I have been meaning to restore it a bit....but there is soooo many electrical problems... I just get frustrated...and I let it rot more...lol

There's a website ZCar.com that if you want to sell off parts of it, there are people looking. I know what you mean about electrical problems. Once that goes - forget about it. To rewire the whole thing is not worth it. Sell off parts of it and get some of your money back.

Lilo

I'm not sure how big will fit. I think if you have a program that will take it down to 4" (not sure of pixels) it should work, or you can e-mail it to me at: ghoover@comcast.net and I'll shrink it and post it for you.

Thanks Gary. I'll email you some pictures later when I get home. I'm at work now:lol:

I work in brokerage. Great Year:zipit:

Lhriangel

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
K, Gary...this weekend I will get you some photos of my bug...and finally get a pic of my baby (truck) :lol:

Yeah wasn't I supposed to get a picture of this ages ago? LOL

If anyone wants to see pictures of MY baby (my mustang) let me know and I'll post some :). I think I posted one in another thread ages ago lol but not sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom