What Souvenirs do you wish Disney would sell?

OurDailyGruel

Original Poster
family packs of Dole Whip mix?

For me, I wish they would sell those bug hats with the netting. I think Disney should sell one with their version of a giant love bug on it. It wouldn't look out of place in Animal Kingdom or anywhere else in the Orlando parks, in my opinion. I would totally buy it. Otherwise, I might have a hard time getting my kids to wear one during bug season at the World.

I'm giving away a great idea, Disney! Jump on it before the Orlando Tourism Bureau absconds with it! :ROFLOL:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
family packs of Dole Whip mix?

For me, I wish they would sell those bug hats with the netting. I think Disney should sell one with their version of a giant love bug on it. It wouldn't look out of place in Animal Kingdom or anywhere else in the Orlando parks, in my opinion. I would totally buy it. Otherwise, I might have a hard time getting my kids to wear one during bug season at the World.

I'm giving away a great idea, Disney! Jump on it before the Orlando Tourism Bureau absconds with it! :ROFLOL:
They can be purchased here.

http://uec-hawaii.com/products2.html

sweetpee_1993

Specific, un-generic stuff all the way around. Resort specific stuff including ornaments. Park specificc stuff. Attraction or land specific stuff. I hate that I don't have the fun of grabbing something in an obscure little gift shop tucked away somewhere because I know I'm not likely to find that little jewel in any other shop. There's no fun in shopping at WDW anymore.

Mammymouse

I wouldn't care what it was as long as they were park specific. It would be so nice to walk away with something that you can only get at the parks or resorts and not at any Disney Store.

I agree exactly. To me the point of a "souvenir" is that it can only be found and purchased at the spot you are visiting. It has really irritated me that they started selling the Park merchandise other than at the Parks as well. I know kids (small kids and "big" kids, too) want to have something special from their visit, but if that stuff is available anywhere in the world it is not special. My granddaughter has lots of Disney stuff and I can't even remember what came from the Park or from Walmart.

Spike-in-Berlin

Actually merchandising is quite a downfall in the last years. Especially attraction-based merchandise has been partially dried out completely. I would highly appreciate merchandise, especially t-Shirts and towels, for the Jungle Cruise, the Tiki Room when it has reopened with the new "old" show, more and better merchandise for the HM, SM (the available t-shirts are really lame) and many more.
I also would be very glad if they would again sell the huge and beautifully detailed souvenir maps that were sold until sometime in the 90ies and produce more merchandise for the value resorts.

stratman50th

Specific, un-generic stuff all the way around. Resort specific stuff including ornaments. Park specificc stuff. Attraction or land specific stuff. I hate that I don't have the fun of grabbing something in an obscure little gift shop tucked away somewhere because I know I'm not likely to find that little jewel in any other shop. There's no fun in shopping at WDW anymore.

I agree exactly. To me the point of a "souvenir" is that it can only be found and purchased at the spot you are visiting. It has really irritated me that they started selling the Park merchandise other than at the Parks as well. I know kids (small kids and "big" kids, too) want to have something special from their visit, but if that stuff is available anywhere in the world it is not special. My granddaughter has lots of Disney stuff and I can't even remember what came from the Park or from Walmart.
My wife used to collect ornaments from the parks in general, just as long as they had the year on them, but the most important thing she picked up, and prized the most was the year specific, RESORT specific yearly ornament.:xmas:

ThanksC&J

Resort specific magnets. And just magnets. We couldn't find any last year. We have some from many years ago on our refrigerator. Love looking at them every day and dreaming about going back.

I would love to see them sell some Kingdom Hearts things like a life size Keyblade. They would make so much money off of that. I'd like to see some better pins around as well it seems like they're not as good as they used to be.

OklaHoops

merchandise to sell

More Villains merchandise! Bring back the original villains store and more villain characters. They are a hoot!:drevil::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

wendysue

These are all great ideas, and there are so many that I would love to purchase, but won't until they start producing in the USA. I realize some things we don't have a choice with, but souvenirs we do. I don't mean to start a ruckus, just my opinion.

MKCP 1985

Precision, working scale models of attractions :)

I was going to say die cast ride vehicles as they were making them a while back but stopped, so they must not have been big sellers, although there was quite a market for them on e-bay.

I thought I saw a space mountain car, but have never been able to find it on the secondary market, so maybe they didn't.

But yeah, the working scale model Tower of Terror would have a place in my office. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom