What Souvenirs do you wish Disney would sell?

JIMINYCR

Know how Woody is a pull string doll with multiple sayings? How about if Disney produced a line of dolls of every Disney character with the appropriate sayings that go along with that character. With all the Disney characters and villains, they would have multiple sales because people have many favorites.
My other idea is collectable plates These would be resorts, specific rides, Disney characters, yesterday items that are no longer in use but are still fondly remembered.

JIMINYCR

Just bounced back from another post on Beverly. My other souvenir would be bottled sets of all the flavored drinks that are offered at Club Cool. It would be great to bring these back home to have friends try, see their reactions to each drink flavor.

muteki

EPCOT Center merchandise that isn't just t-shirts; mousepads, "Magic Kingdom" merchandise vs. "Disney World" merchandise, fridge magnets, Contemporary Resort merch in general, scale models, maps, too much stuff to name really.

One thing they have been doing pretty good in recently is coffee mugs. I have found a new mug or two everytime I have been down last few trips.

John

This is one of my all time pet peeves. Everyone wants more e ticket rides, dark rides etc etc. I understand why there is no specific souvies, but dont believe it has saved money. My last three trips I havnt bought one item.

I think the Vinylmation line is an abomination. Is that their way of giving us variety? ugggggg! I mean besides a 6 yr old who buys these? Back in the day I would spend no less the $100. If I seen something truly unique, price wouldnt matter. Even the high end art selections have become limited.

These resort/park specific souvies are part of the WDW experience. Part of the magic. To me this subject begs the question of a more reaching problem as I see it. We all clamor for exspansion, refurbs, additions etc etc. But for me I would rather them put the money into the subtle things that make WDW what it was meant to be. I cant help remember waking up on christmas morning and finding a christmas stocking on our room door for me and my brother....magic! The entire WDW resort was decorated over night....Magic! Why dont they do it now? money of course. All those small little details that made it what it was. Some would say that nothing is what it used to be, but WDW isnt everything else.

I love the rides as much as the next person, but for the true Disney fan its the escapeism, being submersed in the Disney magic. Before all the discounts became vogue WDW was very exspensive. Dont get me wrong I also enjoy a deal whenever I can. But the reason it was so exspensive was what you recieved for your dollar. Pure Magic! Now it seems that the way for TDO to maxamize their bottom line is to pack the resorts/parks at the exspense of the magic.

So the question is, How much magic do you want to sacrifice for FLE, Star wars land etc, Besides isnt that why people go to Uni? For the rides?

mrksmpsn

American Adventure Statues

Have always wished they had the statues from the American Adventure (located on the sides of the theatre). They could create a base with 6 statues on it and have two different bases to cover the 12 statues. I've always been surprised they don't have the statues or at least postcards of each statue to collect (you can't really see what they are in the dark theatre, and they look pretty neat).

crazgurl

Oh boy, this is a SERIOUS can of worms with me (I think I could go on for an hour or more on this topic!) I'm a visual merchandiser and I'll tell you after my last trip in 2009, my absolute dream job became being on the team of people that could re-imagine the merchandising in the world... the ideas were flowing! I wont bore you all with my all crazy ideas and opinions, but here's a list of some of the ideas my friend and I came up with after our last trip:

- obviously more themed stores and less general merchandise stores that all seem to carry the same generic stuff.... things like maybe a pet store dedicated to dog and cat souvenirs (clothes, toys, dishes, dog tags, treats...) and maybe some picture frames etc.... even some pluto/aristocats/nemo etc merch....

- a store (not necessarily a mega store like Virgin was) dedicated to disney dvd's, cd's, and video games.... everything from hannah montana on dvd to kingdom hearts games to beauty and the beast soundtracks (hearing the music in the parks my friend desperately wanted a copy but by the time she got home, the whim had passed and she never bought it...impulse is key here!)..... maybe movie and game posters here too....

- a craft store! There is SO much disney craft items on the market, but they have to be purchased online for the most part.... scrapbooking, stamps, stickers, paint by numbers... you name it! For that matter, I found some ride specific scrapbook stickers at Michaels last summer and I asked myself WHY wasn't this at the ride gift shops?

- a pj store... pjs and bedtime stories etc.... I find more disney pjs at wal-mart than I do in the parks...again HOW is that possible?

puntagordabob

Precision, working scale models of attractions :)

Yes yes yes

Actually merchandising is quite a downfall in the last years. Especially attraction-based merchandise has been partially dried out completely. I would highly appreciate merchandise, especially t-Shirts and towels, for the Jungle Cruise, the Tiki Room when it has reopened with the new "old" show, more and better merchandise for the HM, SM (the available t-shirts are really lame) and many more.
I also would be very glad if they would again sell the huge and beautifully detailed souvenir maps that were sold until sometime in the 90ies and produce more merchandise for the value resorts.

yes yes yes!!!

Supergirl7710

I have to say I used to love going to the apothecary in HS because I could find posters with all the villains on it. Last time I actually found one was when my older sister still lived at home. She's been out of the house for nine years -_-

yankspy

Attraction coffee mugs. More HM stuff. They used to sell miniatures of the tombstones. How about statues of the hitch-hiking ghosts. Epcot specific merchandise only in Mousegear.

cheezbat

ANYTHING featuring the Disney Afternoon characters...anything Darkwing Duck related. Too bad it's all modern Pixar/Princess/Pirates stuff nowdays.

Susan Savia

A CD with Epcot Music from the rides and Innoventions before it was changed so much. Tees from more of the attractions....Test Track, Spaceship Earth, more pet products (toys, etc.).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
One thing I would love to see come back would be the CD kiosks. I would love the ability to be able to get clean source audio for attractions, back ground music, etc.

Edeyore

I was going to say die cast ride vehicles as they were making them a while back but stopped, so they must not have been big sellers, although there was quite a market for them on e-bay.

I thought I saw a space mountain car, but have never been able to find it on the secondary market, so maybe they didn't.

But yeah, the working scale model Tower of Terror would have a place in my office. :lol:

I was going to ask about the die cast ride vehicles. It has been a while since we have been to WDW, but we had the die cast vehicles from a number of rides.

Edeyore

Attraction coffee mugs. More HM stuff. They used to sell miniatures of the tombstones. How about statues of the hitch-hiking ghosts. Epcot specific merchandise only in Mousegear.

All great suggestions. I had never seen the miniature tombstones, but would have definitely purchased them, as well as, the hitch-hiking ghosts.

Dads 2 Boys

More things with the "Partners" Statue on it. I think that would be a tremendously popular seller.. Whether it be clothing, travel mugs, etc... All they have right now is the pewter figure and a tiny snow globe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom