What should be the 3rd land at Walt Disney Studios Park?

What should be the 3rd expansion land at Walt Disney studios park?

• Pandora the world of Avatar

Votes: 36 33.6%
  • Zootopia

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Cars Land

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Disney should just build Galaxy’s Edge

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • Other

Votes: 22 20.6%

• Total voters

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I do love WoC but it feels...very DLR.

So I am kind of the opinion that if DLP has one strength, its the entertainment side of things (ignoring Illuminations 👀) and they are perfectly capable of coming up with their own unique lagoon show thats very DLP and thats what they should aim for.
Not to mention WDSP is designed for a 360 degree show.

cjkeating

I wish they would get something going soon, though, as Frozen Ever After is a pretty minor attraction to hang all of this expansion on.
I think everyone needs to remember that the Frozen plans were submitted for approval February 2020 for a Summer 2023 opening. Now Frozen is 2025 and assuming the third land is 2027 it won't be for another year minimum before any applications are made, let's not forget Disneyland Paris's typical way of announcing news is to do it the when they submit planning applications. The concept art reveal for WDSP 2.0 was simply done as part of the press release and also in readiness for the site wide planning application. DLP could get lumped into another press release 'Expansion for DAK Pandora oh and WDSP as well' or be used to fill in some dead space in D23 2024.

A third land could also be constructed 'quicker' than Frozen as it will be a standalone project not part of the overall lake area expansion project.

DLP are basically the opposite of WDW when it comes to announcing projects and do so as late as possible.

IMDREW

I understand why World of Color wouldn't work in this set-up. My question was more to do with it being such a success for DCA and them having issues with creating other lasting nighttime shows in WDS, Epcot and DAK for example. I get Epcot and DAK with the natural lake and stuff, but here they had carte blanche to do whatever they wanted. By the looks of it the lake is getting a concrete floor, so if there was anywhere to do it, it would've been here. Still they went with 360. Is a WOC that much more expensive than doing a fantastic-style nighttime show? I'd imagine the cast needed for something like that won't come cheap?

I almost dont dare to imagine DLP having a fireworks show in the main park and a full on lake nighttime spectacular in WDS on the same nights. A fountain show would've been more believable. Though I am so ready to be surprised! Or maybe my expectations of the new lake show are set way too high?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I understand why World of Color wouldn't work in this set-up. My question was more to do with it being such a success for DCA and them having issues with creating other lasting nighttime shows in WDS, Epcot and DAK for example. I get Epcot and DAK with the natural lake and stuff, but here they had carte blanche to do whatever they wanted. By the looks of it the lake is getting a concrete floor, so if there was anywhere to do it, it would've been here. Still they went with 360. Is a WOC that much more expensive than doing a fantastic-style nighttime show? I'd imagine the cast needed for something like that won't come cheap?

I almost dont dare to imagine DLP having a fireworks show in the main park and a full on lake nighttime spectacular in WDS on the same nights. A fountain show would've been more believable. Though I am so ready to be surprised! Or maybe my expectations of the new lake show are set way too high?
WOC was designed to be as cheap as possible to run, both in infrastructure and wages.

2 hunches to more than a fountain show; the large service marina is more than just for maintenance craft, and some art shows light installations along the promenade bank.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
WOC was designed to be as cheap as possible to run, both in infrastructure and wages.

2 hunches to more than a fountain show; the large service marina is more than just for maintenance craft, and some art shows light installations along the promenade bank.
Not to mention, there was that rumored purchase of the TDS Fantasmic perimeter barges by DLP, so if it is true, then we should expect a TDS-style show on the lake, which is a win in my book.

cjkeating

As good as WoC can be it’s just fountains and projections which we already have in DLP. (Yes the fountains are on a much smaller scale…) However having a TDS Fantasmic style show knowing how good DLP are with entertainment has the potential to be a top tier production.

Not sure if the park will be able to run it year round with the long hours in the summer unless they start to alternate the late closure with DLP but I’d take it running daily 8 months of the year or on a 4/5 day a week summer schedule etc.

Kevin_W

I understand why World of Color wouldn't work in this set-up. My question was more to do with it being such a success for DCA and them having issues with creating other lasting nighttime shows in WDS, Epcot and DAK for example.

Well, Illuminations ran nightly for 20 years, so Epcot really didn't really have a problem with a "lasting nighttime show" for a long time. :)

mrflo

Hearing rumours Pandora will be too expensive for WDS, so it's been taken off the table?
What/who is your source?

Considering SW:GE & RotR are not cheaper to build, this would mean they will either put the 3rd land on hold for now or add another D-ticket type mini-land instead. Maybe those Lion King mini land rumours are true after all.

mrflo

Thank you for the info, IMDREW. Whatever Disney decides to build, I just hope it's a E-ticket attraction that is worthy the initial 2 billion dollar expansion announcement.

I miss the Disney 90s. 😆 The days when DLP getting a Space Mountain actually meant upgrading the initial ride beyond the latest standards and making it a unique signature experience for the European theme park. At least we have now gone from years of Disney barely maintaining its existing attractions to them actually building/adding something new.

cjkeating

Right now I'd be shocked if it wasn't Pandora now that the Avengers E-Ticket [in Cali] isn't the FOP ride system and the box office returns of Avatar 2 in France. Although I'd love it to be Galaxy's Edge light just so we can get Space Mountain back.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Dream mode?

GE-lite
An original, non cartoon movie based attraction as another mini lake land.
A worthy lake show viewable from any angle and one that’s clear during daylight
Avengers E
MMRR north of Fantasyland
Mermaid (EDL version preferably) either where it was designed for or east of iasw
Indy Crystal Skull (less maintenance) EMV in Adland

Annddd… back to reality.

mrflo

Love it! Okay, I will have a go, too. :)

WDS
GE 2.0 with RotR & a Mandalorian Speeder Bike coaster
Indoor version of Pandora - World of Avatar with FoP & an improved version of the river journey
Avengers E-ticket
MMRR
Walt Disney Presents Gallery & Exhibits in the Animation building
DLP version of Fantasmic! at the new lake

Disneyland Parc
Jungle Book version of Splash Mountain between CH Pizza Outpost & Indy
Indy EMV ride next to Indy coaster & PotC
Little Mermaid ride in Fantasyland
Winnie the Pooh dark ride behind Fantasyland station
Disney villain land between Star Tours & IASW
Move Aladdin carpet ride to Adventureland using Le Passage Enchanté as the entrance/queue
Bring back the Moon!
Use the Space 220 technology for a Jules Verne themed restaurant in Discoveryland - you could either eat in space or underseas

🎶The future holds so much more
Than we’ve ever seen before
There’s something so magical
Shining from our dreams
🎶

Animaniac93-98

Blue Sky List

GE-Lite
Frozen coaster
Real Hollywood Blvd leading to lake...scrap Tangled flat and planned look
Upgraded CineMagique
New facades for area around ToT, Studios Theater, Animagique Theater etc
Avengers E replacing stunt show arena
Cars Land on other side of lake. Tram tour wraps around it, keeping Catastrophe Canyon.
Magic Carpets goes indoors and gets Wall-E retheme
Cars flat ride becomes Inside Out or some other Pixar property
Slinky Dog coaster added to Playland...current slinky ride gets retheme

for Disneyland Parc

Around the World in 80 Days version of Soarin'
Return of Earth to the Moon
Mr. Toad coaster next to restaurant
Dark Forest / Villain ride on Mermaid plot
Indiana Jones Adventure
Frontierland raft or log ride

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom