What should be the 3rd land at Walt Disney Studios Park?

What should be the 3rd expansion land at Walt Disney studios park?

• Pandora the world of Avatar

Votes: 36 33.6%
  • Zootopia

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Cars Land

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Disney should just build Galaxy’s Edge

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • Other

Votes: 22 20.6%

• Total voters

yensidtlaw1969

Worse, it might just be the boat ride. Or a few FoP VR glasses in a booth.
Surely they would punch up the boat ride if they were to build it at DSP . . . right??

I tend to think the ride is more handsome than it gets credit for, but the ride is just begging for more animatronics. Improved ride length and additional AA's would almost certainly be necessary to justify its standalone construction.

Jordan dby

Lin Manuel Miranda said they were working on a large Encanto presence in the parks. I thought a cheap but fun decoration would be a casita with moving tiles etc, with periodic light shows or meet and greets. It would at least break up the trees and nothing surrounding most of the lake

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Surely they would punch up the boat ride if they were to build it at DSP . . . right??

I tend to think the ride is more handsome than it gets credit for, but the ride is just begging for more animatronics. Improved ride length and additional AA's would almost certainly be necessary to justify its standalone construction.
Despite personally wanting GE (even lite) as opposed to Avland for reasons I’ve mentioned earlier, I also sincerely hope they wouldn’t build a boat ride next to a boat ride at WDSP.

mrflo

Here is another comment by Bob Iger from yesterday's webcast on what his plans for a continued success of the parks are:

Lastly, we have learned that when we invest in increasing capacity — the Star Wars lands were a great example of that, Pandora was a great example of that — we can grow our business. In fact, if you look at the results when we put Pandora at Animal Kingdom, from year to year they were stunning at how many more people were visiting Animal Kingdom. I mentioned earlier in the call how we’re going to bring a version of Avatar to Disneyland. We have other opportunities as well. I’ve talked to Josh D’Amaro about this very recently, like this morning, to really look at all the great franchises in the company and see where we can invest in them into the parks to increase capacity while preserving guest satisfaction.” (Disney’s Q1 FY23 Earnings Results Webcast)

On the one hand it confirms again that anything major new in the parks will be related to one of the company's big franchises in the near future. On the other hand, it is also clear that business growth is no longer expected to just come from price hikes & extra fees but from increasing the capacity. I hope Bob will soon visit DLP and apply the same strategy here as well.

For the Avatar experience in Disneyland Resort, I would not be surprised if they are starting with a Star Wars Launch Bay type of attraction to be followed up with an actual ride (FoP?) in the future.

cjkeating

Despite personally wanting GE (even lite) as opposed to Avland for reasons I’ve mentioned earlier, I also sincerely hope they wouldn’t build a boat ride next to a boat ride at WDSP.
What's wrong with two boat rides? Especially when they offer something WDSP is severely lacking in dark rides? Isn't it a bit like the omnimover debate when people say Magic Kingdom shouldn't have Haunted Mansion and Little Mermaid because they are all the "same" ride? Or the same principle with Pirates and IASW?

J4546

Yeah I think all 3 lands should.have a major water ride and water feature that looks like it connects to the lake like frozen land does

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What's wrong with two boat rides? Especially when they offer something WDSP is severely lacking in dark rides? Isn't it a bit like the omnimover debate when people say Magic Kingdom shouldn't have Haunted Mansion and Little Mermaid because they are all the "same" ride? Or the same principle with Pirates and IASW?
They’re not side by side in the MK. I’d hope somewhere as ride lite as WDSP would have more variety (not to mention the Avland boat ride is poor even by WDSP standards)

fradz

Love it! Okay, I will have a go, too. :)

WDS
GE 2.0 with RotR & a Mandalorian Speeder Bike coaster
Indoor version of Pandora - World of Avatar with FoP & an improved version of the river journey
Avengers E-ticket
MMRR
Walt Disney Presents Gallery & Exhibits in the Animation building
DLP version of Fantasmic! at the new lake

Disneyland Parc
Jungle Book version of Splash Mountain between CH Pizza Outpost & Indy
Indy EMV ride next to Indy coaster & PotC
Little Mermaid ride in Fantasyland
Winnie the Pooh dark ride behind Fantasyland station
Disney villain land between Star Tours & IASW
Move Aladdin carpet ride to Adventureland using Le Passage Enchanté as the entrance/queue
Bring back the Moon!
Use the Space 220 technology for a Jules Verne themed restaurant in Discoveryland - you could either eat in space or underseas

🎶The future holds so much more
Than we’ve ever seen before
There’s something so magical
Shining from our dreams
🎶
Damn I drew this seeing Martin's reply but I very much agree with all of this :)
Soo if we want to go dream mode, my perfect DLP, and a much better WDSP (ideally you'd have lands all around the lake with rocky mountains, including SW, Frozen, Avatar and Cars, but that's a lot of money)
-->

Attachments

• WDS_huhg.png
    WDS_huhg.png
    730 KB · Views: 142
  • Best_DLP_Ever.png
    Best_DLP_Ever.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 138

Twilight_Roxas

What about a area theme to The Simpsons? Since Disney can’t put The Simpsons in both US parks they could be in the international parks plus The Simpsons is kinda popular in Europe.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
For the Avatar experience in Disneyland Resort, I would not be surprised if they are starting with a Star Wars Launch Bay type of attraction to be followed up with an actual ride (FoP?) in the future.
Isn't there an Avatar walkthrough in Shanghai? I wouldn't be surprised if they ship everything over to Anaheim after that experience closes in March and install it in Star Wars Launch Bay (perhaps in time for the centennial day in October). Long-term-wise, I personally don't think they'll add FoP in Anaheim (seeing as Soarin' is just next door in DCA), but I think we could be waving goodbye to an existing attraction that will be removed to make way for an Avatar-themed attraction.

They’re not side by side in the MK. I’d hope somewhere as ride lite as WDSP would have more variety (not to mention the Avland boat ride is poor even by WDSP standards)
Pandora jeep/EMV ride then? 🤞🏼

Last edited:

DaDo

I wouldn’t mind an Indiana Jones Land! Of course it would fit better into Adventureland, but I don’t expect big expansions in DLP at the moment

mrflo

What about the Muppets? I would not see this as a major expansion area. But having some New York Street set with some Muppet meet & greet or little show should not be that expensive and add new scenery.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What about the Muppets? I would not see this as a major expansion area. But having some New York Street set with some Muppet meet & greet or little show should not be that expensive and add new scenery.
Maybe elsewhere (replace Aladdin maybe) but I’d rather the lake aims for more… ambitious projects

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom