What should be the 3rd land at Walt Disney Studios Park?

What should be the 3rd expansion land at Walt Disney studios park?

• Pandora the world of Avatar

Votes: 36 33.6%
  • Zootopia

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Cars Land

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Disney should just build Galaxy’s Edge

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • Other

Votes: 22 20.6%

• Total voters

yensidtlaw1969

TDS's Frozen ride will be unique (it's not Frozen Ever After like DLP and HKDL and WDW) and incredible. People are not ready for Fantasy Springs!

It beggars belief that FEA is being cloned anywhere.
I'm VERY excited to hear that. Frozen ain't my favorite, but for all the money those movies made Disney it deserves a grand-slam E-Ticket SOMEWHERE in the world. No surprise at all that Tokyo will be the one to do it.

Have you heard anything about the ride system for the Peter Pan ride? I'm trying to piece together what that attraction will be but there's very little that's been said about it. I've seen a few people guess Flight of Passage-style simulator, but I feel like if it was we'd know that by now.

GiveMeTheMusic

I'm VERY excited to hear that. Frozen ain't my favorite, but for all the money those movies made Disney it deserves a grand-slam E-Ticket SOMEWHERE in the world. No surprise at all that Tokyo will be the one to do it.

Have you heard anything about the ride system for the Peter Pan ride? I'm trying to piece together what that attraction will be but there's very little that's been said about it. I've seen a few people guess Flight of Passage-style simulator, but I feel like if it was we'd know that by now.

Peter Pan is not using the FOP system (or anything similar). I think that was just people guessing since zero details have come out about it. I’m hoping they talk about it at D23, but I don’t know how much they will want to highlight these projects to American audiences. They’ll get mad.

BrianLo

Peter Pan is not using the FOP system (or anything similar). I think that was just people guessing since zero details have come out about it. I’m hoping they talk about it at D23, but I don’t know how much they will want to highlight these projects to American audiences. They’ll get mad.

The most obvious opportunity was to put the model on the D23 show floor... but they aren't doing that for likely that reason.

I think FEA is a reasonable addition to HKDL as a Fantasyland adjunct. It's cute, quaint and in a park that largely has had a steady stream of things for the last decade. Perhaps not as the centrepiece of an entire park refresh, however.

Also welcome back. :)

Movielover

I would love to see classic Aristocats featured in WDS or Disneyland Paris.
While that would be great current day Disney wants nothing to do with that property because of "that" scene...

1664184138278.png

LittleMerman

They could make a Beauty and the Beast land. I still don't understand why they don't have a BATB ride in the France park. But they could do a new dark ride (since OLC doesn't like to clone), stage show, the restaurants... I don't know if Disney thinks BATB is too on-the-nose but it makes sense to me.

mrflo

Meanwhile, Avatar returned to theaters this weekend and went straight to the #1 spot at the global box office, earning a solid $30.5 million. It also was #1 in many countries including France. All very good signs for the sequel The Way of Water releasing later this year in December and the other sequels scheduled for the coming years.

If Disney wants to bring Avatar to DLP, WDS is the only place. Why adding a Fantasyland 2.0 to the WDS when there is still expansion space in the original Fantasyland left.

Btw, Shanghai Disneyland has opened an Avatar exhibit. Maybe it is a testing ground for an Avatar land to be considered in the near future.

wdrive

They could make a Beauty and the Beast land. I still don't understand why they don't have a BATB ride in the France park. But they could do a new dark ride (since OLC doesn't like to clone), stage show, the restaurants... I don't know if Disney thinks BATB is too on-the-nose but it makes sense to me.

If the park wasn’t a financial black hole for its first 25 years I think we would have seen some sort of BATB attraction. There’s concept art out there for a Tiki Room style show that was to come as a sort of phase 2 but I believe there was never any money to do it.

I had a quick Google and found the below concept art for the planned never built attraction for Paris. There’s more out there if you’re interested.

1664287483461.jpeg

RoyalFool

I really dont want Pandora in Paris. I love that it's unique to AK otherwise it really doesn't offer anything you can't get elsewhere.

With the dollar being so strong against the euro, a lot of folk cannot afford a trip to AK anymore. I think Pandora would be a good fit for DLRP, large outdoor spaces to soak up visitors, and 2+ indoor rides suitable for European winters.

The other option I can see working is a large indoor water park based on Moana/Mermaid/Nemo.

Sir_Cliff

I don't think that's particularly true, I see merchandise with Marie on pretty frequently.
They also recently added Aristocats music to the background music at the France pavilion at Epcot and played it during the Bastille Day fireworks at DLP this year, so it certainly doesn't seem to have been blacklisted or anything.

LittleMerman

If the park wasn’t a financial black hole for its first 25 years I think we would have seen some sort of BATB attraction. There’s concept art out there for a Tiki Room style show that was to come as a sort of phase 2 but I believe there was never any money to do it.

I had a quick Google and found the below concept art for the planned never built attraction for Paris. There’s more out there if you’re interested.

View attachment 669499
Thanks for posting, that would have been cute! I never knew about this.

Haymarket

Maybe they'll go ahead with the Star Wars land, but tweak it a bit so it's not Galaxy's Edge. Perhaps it's a good way to test and develop other Star Wars concepts, like the original trilogy. They can use what they learn at Walt Disney Studios at future locations, rather than just plopping Galaxy's Edge over and over again.

Sir_Cliff

Maybe they'll go ahead with the Star Wars land, but tweak it a bit so it's not Galaxy's Edge. Perhaps it's a good way to test and develop other Star Wars concepts, like the original trilogy. They can use what they learn at Walt Disney Studios at future locations, rather than just plopping Galaxy's Edge over and over again.
I think the best case scenario would be that they design a new Star Wars land for Paris, but I find this incredibly unlikely given the level of ambition for all the other additions to WDS including the original, scaled-down Batuu. I guess anything is possible, and it would give Star Wars fans a good reason to specifically visit DLP.

Haymarket

I think the best case scenario would be that they design a new Star Wars land for Paris, but I find this incredibly unlikely given the level of ambition for all the other additions to WDS including the original, scaled-down Batuu. I guess anything is possible, and it would give Star Wars fans a good reason to specifically visit DLP.
True, they're not going to risk or stretch much for it. Maybe they'll reskin a scaled-down Galaxy's Edge for the original trilogy. Just plop it down, see how it works, and scale it up for the American parks that don't have Galaxy's Edge (EPCOT? Is there any space left at California Adventure? Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom? I'm thinking maximum cynicism and and adulteration of the parks here; more of the same, in other words.)

Last edited:

mrflo

"Avatar - WoW lifted its overseas cume to $810.6M, to overtake Top Gun: Maverick as the No. 1 international release of 2022 and No. 2 studio movie of the pandemic era offshore. It has also become the highest grossing film of the pandemic in France and Italy as well as the highest grossing film of 2022 in France, Italy, Germany and Spain." And that just after 2 weeks and the World Cup overlapping during its first weekend.

Seeing how particular successful the Avatar sequel has been in France and many other European countries so far and more sequels already lined up, Disney would be crazy to not give any kind of presence to the world of Pandora in DLP within the near future.

walt-e

At this point, it seems pretty clear that the third land of the expansion won’t be themed to Star Wars and the latest news from insiders hint at Avatar instead.
With these figures, I believe we’ll be able to walk on Pandora in Paris in a couple of years!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom