What should be the 3rd land at Walt Disney Studios Park?

What should be the 3rd expansion land at Walt Disney studios park?

• Pandora the world of Avatar

Votes: 36 33.6%
  • Zootopia

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Cars Land

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Disney should just build Galaxy’s Edge

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • Other

Votes: 22 20.6%

• Total voters

SD449

Cars land would be great but I cannot see them spending the $$$ to live up to it’s DCA counter part.
Especially when they are carbon copying a Frozen ride that was shoehorned into an existing attraction.

Avatar is half-baked in AK due to the boat ride, so may as well have the flying cinema used for Avengers instead.

I they should build the Star Wars land everyone was expecting/wanting based on Tatooine with:
Mos Espa Cantina with AA band
Kinetic energy, like the cancelled Bantha ride or a Speeder version of Rocket Rods, similar to how Yoshi works in Universal
Could have a Test Track/Radiators Springs ride based on Beggars Canyon or Luke Speeder
Round off with an OG Trilogy version of Smugglers Run but mostly escaping Tatoonie

Not sure of placement but it would be cool if they could plan a Star Wars land that allows connecting lands (like Potter) in other areas of the park or dare I say DL.
Imagine the next land being Hoth with a Snowspeeder ride skimming across the surface, looping around AT-ATs that crash down, then another ride with Tuantauns.

mrflo

At the opening of SWGE Bob Chapek was saying that he does not believe that other places outside of the US parks would warrant the same level of investment as SWGE. Other Star Wars attractions? Yes. But we should not expect the same magnitude and invested money as in the US for WDS/DLP.

So even if the 3rd land will be themed to Star Wars, it most likely will be a light version. That could also include simplifying Rise of the Resistance by cutting some of the ride scenes or pre-show experiences. Hence I would not mind if we are getting a completely original version of the Star Wars land. For example, having a motorcycle style coaster like Tron but with a Speeder theme would be awesome.

If the Avatar sequel is another success, I would not mind bringing Pandora to the WDS first. Apart from the Disney+ shows the cinematic future of Star Wars is still unclear right now. And not that many people still care for Kylo Ren & Rey anymore. In the meantime they could at least create a Star Wars mini outpost with some meet & greet area for Grogu & Co.

SD449

At the opening of SWGE Bob Chapek was saying that he does not believe that other places outside of the US parks would warrant the same level of investment as SWGE
But Disney also thought SWGE was going to be so popular that they needed two identical lands in the US, ala Potter.
But we know how that turned out.

Obviously, this is predominantly a WDW site and this is a DLP section, but I think having SWGE in DL "Magic Kingdom" is just plain wrong, even if I am very excited to be able to side RISE next month.

Indy_UK

I don't want Pandora, I agree that the ride system should be used for the Avengers ride and make the Studios version of AC the very best version out there.

I've said before, but I want rides and areas that aren't in Orlando so I would actually take Zootopia or Carsland

Star Wars does need more presence but I don't know what they could do worthwhile without going all out on a Galaxy's Edge with RotR?

yonafunu

A "classic land", with Raiponce / Belle et la bete (like the Japanese attraction) / Brave etc. Something not to extreme, but with a wonderful ride experience. DLP needs to be unique, as the one in Tokyo. Each parks needs to be different, imo.
And i'm pretty sure the Avengers phase will comes to an end. I was a fan of the licence, but seriously, i'm losing interest to all the series and last marvel movies (quality wise). Not a fan also of the avengers campus. It's not as much exiting and dreaming than a Pandora/SW land.

J4546

I think having these "light" versions of lands is a mistake. Frozen land should have at least 2 rides as should all others around the lake. Give Frozen land the cancelled sliding sleighs ride from HK and that would be a big plus imo.

As for the other 2 expansions, Star Wars is a major studio and should be represented in the park imo and would love to see a star wars land, but Id also like it to take place on another planet, imagine if disney had 3 star wars lands all based in different planets. they could all have RISE and SM, just have them take place on another outpost on another planet, that would have been really cool (and expensive i know)

3rd expansion....Im not sure, but Id like the first 2 dialed in before adding a "light" version of a 3rd

LondonTom

Original Trilogy/New Republic Star Wars Land (or be really brave and set in it Old Republic era), give us the Speeder Bike ride. Could even keep the same rides basically, Rise becomes you getting captured by an Imperial remains while helping Mando with a job. Smugglers Run is basically the same, but you with different storylines (ala Star Tours) helping various OT/Mandoverse characters. Build a much bigger cantina to satisfy demand (we don't have a problem with drinking in Europe 😂)

Something big but unique is hard, especially when obvious candidates for Paris have already been used on a smaller scale/done elsewhere (BaTB/Ratatouille) maybe a full-on Monstropolis in the vein of Zootropolis for something unique?

Sir_Cliff

I am on the side of having another go at a Star Wars land and do what they have to in order to have the classic characters.

Not a big fan of single-IP lands, though at least Marvel and Star Wars are entire franchises that provide a lot of material. They also just intuitively feel like a better fit for a studios park than something like Frozen, which would fit better at Disneyland Parc.

RoyalFool

Pandora, with a plussed version of river journey with drops to make up for no Splash. Plus the movies will be coming out for almost the next decade so plenty of hype to ride.

Star Wars is a waste of time, they have run the franchise into the ground, and they would never invest the same amount of money as the US park as it's much harder to "upsell" all the more hands-on experiences in DLRP due to the language barrier, we would probably end up with a smaller condensed version with just the Falcon ride, or maybe a smaller land based on the original trilogy instead. Not to mention we have star tours and hyperspace right at the other side of the resort.

My personal choice would be something like Beastly Kingdom, but learning hard into the European lore of dragons, unicorns, fairies etc. Or something distinctly undisney like an indoor neon lit cyberpunk city (San FranTokyo) with Tron, Big Hero Six, Wall-E etc.

cookiee_munster

Whatever it is, I hope each of the lands create good synergy between each other.

There's a tremendous sense of build up as you walk down that fairly long walkway towards the lake to see what lands are there, pretty much straight-up World Showcase style.

So weird... especially to have Frozen front and centre. They should have gone with something like Mickeys Runaway Railway (or some form of it) with the other franchises to the side. I know Frozen re-invigorated something back into Disney animation and the franchise as a whole has raked in a ton of dosh, but things eventually lose their lustre and people lose interest. C'est la vie.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Whatever it is, I hope each of the lands create good synergy between each other.

There's a tremendous sense of build up as you walk down that fairly long walkway towards the lake to see what lands are there, pretty much straight-up World Showcase style.

So weird... especially to have Frozen front and centre. They should have gone with something like Mickeys Runaway Railway (or some form of it) with the other franchises to the side. I know Frozen re-invigorated something back into Disney animation and the franchise as a whole has raked in a ton of dosh, but things eventually lose their lustre and people lose interest. C'est la vie.
I think the pretty building is the weenie they think they need. Just a shame it houses a copy of a 1988 ride that had an overlay shoehorned over it.

Brummyboy92

I would not mind them sticking to a Toon Studio theme, kind of like Fantasy Springs in Tokyo, not actual studio buildings though. Like three of four mini lands/attractions within a wider area named Toon studio, or Animation studio or whatever. That way we have Pixar Studios, Production Courtyard, Marvel studio/set, Frozen studio/set and then a more "open to interpretation" geared towards Disney IP's over Pixar. (Obviously better names for the above/existing lands).
Within this Toon studio I would go with Winnie the Pooh, Beauty & the Beast & Snow White/Tangled, all set within separate European nations, maybe Hercules for a 4th. You could even incorporate Frozen into this land if needs be, as it's hardly a land with just the one attraction.

Obviously this is wildly pie in the sky, and I could not see anything like this ever happening, but mini lands surrounding the lake, based on European IP's would be my first choice. Let's be honest though, if Star Wars has fallen through, then Avatar seems like the most obvious next choice. Doubt River Journey would be included with Frozen next door though, but an alternative attraction would be essential as the existing land is tiny.

GiveMeTheMusic

Has word gotten out about what sort of Frozen ride Tokyo is building in Fantasy Springs? I have to assume they won't be settling for the modified Maelstrom that Hong Kong and Paris are getting.

TDS's Frozen ride will be unique (it's not Frozen Ever After like DLP and HKDL and WDW) and incredible. People are not ready for Fantasy Springs!

It beggars belief that FEA is being cloned anywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom