What should be the 3rd land at Walt Disney Studios Park?

What should be the 3rd expansion land at Walt Disney studios park?

• Pandora the world of Avatar

Votes: 36 33.6%
  • Zootopia

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Cars Land

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Disney should just build Galaxy’s Edge

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • Other

Votes: 22 20.6%

• Total voters

fradz

WDSP will not have the coaster from last I'm aware. Structurally I'm not sure if the layout will vary slightly or if it will just have that space blank or occupied by the canal.

It won't have the coaster 100% because it's not in the permits. It could come on later, theoretically, but i don't see it happening

Robbiem

I think a partly indoor Pandora could be a good fit for Paris - make it like Mermaid Lagoon in Tokyo with a large indoor space so you can have the bioluminesence all day and provide shelter in the winter (which WSP really needs). Could also have a TDS style 20K ride through the oceans of Pandora in place of the boat ride to give more variety (as you'll have the frozen boat ride already).

Haymarket

It won't have the coaster 100% because it's not in the permits. It could come on later, theoretically, but i don't see it happening
So Frozen at Walt Disney Studios is just going to have Frozen Ever After and some dining and retail? Not even a flat ride?

I hope they at least get something like the Wandering Oaken's Dancing Sleighs concept they considered for Hong Kong Disneyland before opting for the Wandering Oaken's Sliding Sleighs family coaster.

Wandering_Oaken%27s_Dancing_Sleighs_HKDL.jpg

Edit: OMG I think that's right. It sounds like there'll just be one attraction, most likely Frozen Ever After. One attraction, one dining option, one retail option.

Here’s what to expect:
  • When you arrive at the heart of the park, you’ll be immersed in the same wintery atmosphere experienced during the movies. Elsa’s Ice Castle, which will stand at the top of a 131-foot-high snow-covered mountain, can be admired from afar. Many new experiences await you in this magical land including a new attraction that will take guests on a journey accompanied by the iconic “Frozen” characters.
  • The village — with its Norwegian-inspired architectural style — will be home to both a shop and a restaurant that will serve meals with a Nordic touch.
  • Additionally, guests will have the opportunity to meet their favorite characters during a royal meet and greet.

Last edited:

mrflo

I have been seeing rumours on some French DLP discussion boards that a Lion King land is also being considered as an option for the WDS expansion. Not sure if it is in addition to SW:GE or Avatar OR a replacement to those. Has anyone heard more about it?

While I generally would not mind to see a Lion King attraction, I think it would be a much better fit in Adventureland. And even there, I would still prefer to see a Jungle Book version of Splash Mountain instead.

J4546

it is looking great but its still 2 years away for what will be a 1 ride land....they need to go bigger at DSP because its clearly the worst Disney park currently and even when Frozen land is done it will still be the worst....but maybe it wont be a bad park

IMDREW

Is World of Color such a headache that they never copied it anywhere else? I wouldve loved to see it in DLP in the new lake.

Sir_Cliff

Is World of Color such a headache that they never copied it anywhere else? I wouldve loved to see it in DLP in the new lake.
I'm glad they didn't copy it. I'd rather they went for something more along the lines of the Tokyo DisneySea shows.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I never loved WoC and the follow-ups to the original show have mostly received lukewarm to negative responses. While in theory it is supposed to remain submerged during the day, it also seems that ugly platform spends a lot of time raised to the surface in DCA.

LondonTom

I'm glad they didn't copy it. I'd rather they went for something more along the lines of the Tokyo DisneySea shows.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I never loved WoC and the follow-ups to the original show have mostly received lukewarm to negative responses. While in theory it is supposed to remain submerged during the day, it also seems that ugly platform spends a lot of time raised to the surface in DCA.
I do love WoC but it feels...very DLR.

So I am kind of the opinion that if DLP has one strength, its the entertainment side of things (ignoring Illuminations 👀) and they are perfectly capable of coming up with their own unique lagoon show thats very DLP and thats what they should aim for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom