Not open for further replies.

Katherine

Originally posted by no2apprentice
Not quite.

Fall 1967 Site preparation begins for Florida MK

Spring 1969 Construction begins on MK

October 1, 1971 MK opens

The passing of Walt - December 15, 1966.:(

They might have made it in memory of Walt. Just a little reminder of the man behind the mouse!

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Originally posted by MCMike37
-In Space Mountain, the point at which your car waits for takeoff in the lauch tunnel, they are actually weighing the car and determining the fastest speed the car should be able to obtain safely.

Like Coasterbp said, this is true for Florida's Space Mountain. Maybe you were thinking of Disneyland's? Theirs does weigh the cars before being advanced into the ride. If it is too heavy it gets diverted onto an alternate track that goes into a back area.

luvthemouse

in response to what sewin2disney said...the thing witht he credits is true....the names are the credits....in a movie u generally see the director/producers name first before u see the individual characters names....when u are leaving the park (at the end of the "movie") u see Walts name first.... or atleast thats what i was told by a Backstage Magic CM...

Also, Main St is actually a bit of a hill....when u are walkin in to the park u walk up the hill and when u reach the top it helps "push" u into the park... when u are leaving the slope gives u a shove out of the park...and into the stores :)

I have a few more chunks of random disney info, but at the moment i cant really remember them...get back to u all if i ever think of them again.:veryconfu

tenchu

Originally posted by Katherine
They might have made it in memory of Walt. Just a little reminder of the man behind the mouse!

Thats why its called 'Walt Disney world,' instead of just 'Disneyworld' as it was going to be called before Walt died.

Roy changed the name to WDW.

BigNorm

Utilidors

Why does the MK @ WDW have utilidors? I heard from a CM on a backstage tour that the utilidors were placed in the design because Mr. Disney once saw a cowboy from Frontierland in Tomorrowland at Disneyland and he didn't want something like that to happen at his new park. Needless to say, he wasn't too pleased to see that cowboy. Could be false, but that's what I heard.

Some of the boulders and other areas on the Kilamanjaro Tour are heated and cooled so that the animals will lay on them, assuring the riders of catching a glimpse. This is used for the tigers, lions, and the other animals that spend a lot of time laying down and sleeping.

The animal areas are also specially designed so that each type of animal stays in their own areas, otherwise it would be feast time for those lions and tigers.

SewIn2Disney

Re: Utilidors

Originally posted by BigNorm
Why does the MK @ WDW have utilidors? I heard from a CM on a backstage tour that the utilidors were placed in the design because Mr. Disney once saw a cowboy from Frontierland in Tomorrowland at Disneyland and he didn't want something like that to happen at his new park. Needless to say, he wasn't too pleased to see that cowboy. Could be false, but that's what I heard.

Very true indeed...not at all false.

I read it in the book Mouse Tales - A behind the scenes look at Disneyland.

EchoOfOphelia

Originally posted by tenchu
Thats why its called 'Walt Disney world,' instead of just 'Disneyworld' as it was going to be called before Walt died.

Roy changed the name to WDW.

That is sooo sweet, I didn't know that. I am such a sap :D

I was watching a special on the travel channel with some really interesting bits of info.

1. There a sensors in the ground along the parade route and they control the speed of the floats and help keep them the right distance from one another. I believe they also key music.

2. All the controls for the Disney rides are kept in one "hub" location and I believe its name was DAX, but don't quote me on that. But it's a huge room with a bunch of server size cabinets for each ride system.

3. You can put the Spaceship Earth sphere in the aquarium at The Living Seas and still have plenty of room! I seem to recall the number 15ft on either side, but again, don't quote me on that little piece.

DisneyCP2000

Originally posted by EchoOfOphelia

3. You can put the Spaceship Earth sphere in the aquarium at The Living Seas and still have plenty of room!

True.

In the italy pavilion, there used to be a king holding a bowling ball. Supposedly a die hard bowling architect wanted to leave his mark on his piece of art so poked 3 holes in one of the spheres. check it out...here.

xstechbabe

Originally posted by hmppan
When 20k was opperational, it was not staffed by Fantasyland Cast Members even though it was considered part of Fantasyland........it was staffed by

.......anyone ......anyone.......anyone

the Tomorrowland Speedway Cast Members....

Tomorrowland and Fanatasy Land uses to be ran by the same cast. When AE opened most of the opeing staff was 20K peeps.

JRead

Re: Re: Maybe old?

Originally posted by DisJosh
Thats impossible seeing that the eerie lights that light up the control booths are black lights aka infrared lights.

Blacklights are Ultraviolet lights, the opposite side of the visible spectrum from infra-red.

tinkerbell

have friend who lives in orlando who was offered the job as tink , she , she was told that tinkerbell had to weigh under a 100 pounds now thats a mighty small man :hammer:

thanks, maybe she was under a 100 pounds , she turned the job down , I told her she was crazy, all I have to do is lose a a few more pounds AKA( 60) and I'm in :D

TIGGER-FAN

All of the coral in The Living Seas is fake. It is the product of Disney imagineers. Divers plant real coral daily in certain spots so coral eaters such as the parrot fish have food. There is also a large Grouper in the tank he weighs 450 - 500lbs. His name is Orson after Orson Wells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom