What secrets do YOU know????

Status
Not open for further replies.

fngoofy

Those that pass on to the great unknown are not officaly declared until they are off property.

Hurrrry baaack.....hurrry baaack....be sure and bring your..death certificate.

hail2pitt1103

its late and i cant really think of much, but if you happen to see an alligator/croc floating around in frontierland near where the wooden walkway ends....dont try to touch it, even if a CM tells you its fake ;)

also, do ______ stories from grad night qualify as disney secrets? if so ive heard a few classics that ill share for the not so feint hearted

mortimermouse

Originally posted by free9
I heard that the names on the second floors of the buildings on main street were the names of the companys Walt used to buy up the land which is now WDW

I also heard that AK is the only park Walt did not design.. although he wanted a park with animals it was not his design that is why it becomes congested...you have to go back to the middle to go to another section

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Most of the names are people who helped develop WDW but the window on one of the cross-streets lists five or so dummy companies that were used to purchase the land.

I don't believe Walt had anything to do with the design of the parks other than the Magic Kingdom, which I'm sure the Imagineers had final design after Walt had passed.

Re: A few sectrets for you'all

Originally posted by WooGuin
The best view of the fireworks is from Mickey's Toontown Fair. They are set off in Mickey's backyard, and they are very loud as this is as close as you can get to the launch point. Much less crowded

Go to the second showing of Fantasmic. it's not as busy!

These aren't entirely true...

There usually isn't a second showing of Fantasmic for most of the year... BUT they will be starting to show it twice a night at the end of May on certain nights.

Now Mickey's Backyard.... hehehehe... I won't touch it not giving away what is in behind Mickey's Fence. But the fireworks are very loud there. I tend to say the best view is either around the FCF Lagoon or the traditional in front of the castle.

Now for my secrets:
If you are a castmember, go into the Epcot Costuming building and go down the hallway with all the paintings during the day... At a certain point, Figment will start singing to you, or say something.
At Disney-MGM near the exit of the Muppetvision dump check out the garbage can and broom that is set up near the Gazebo facade. At a point where it is all bolted together, there is a Mickey washer! I'm sure there are more of them, but that is the only I've spotted and it was at random.

Also in the mornings when Buzz, Woody, and Jessie come out for the first time... If noone is waiting, they will go to Pizza Planet and play Air Hockey! Everytime I worked there I did not get to see it, because there was someone always waiting for them. However Buzz and Woody check every day, because they just love to play air hockey!

The best places to catch Donald... Three spots... in front of the castle after the Cinderella's Surprise Celebration, at Animal Kingdom at Dinoland (he has a Duckasaurus costume as well as Daisy!) Note: This is in a restaurant... And the best place to catch Donald in my opinion is at Epcot: Disney Characters on Holiday. It isn't crowded and a lot of your favorite characters are there.

Most of these are tips, but also are things that most visitors do not know about, and could either help save time or give you a little extra enjoyment.

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Re: Maybe old?

Originally posted by adr315
Dunno if any of you know, but i heard that turning on some sort of camcorder (or electronic device using infa-red or UV rays) will automatically turn the lights on, on Space Mountain, and cause the ride to stop. I have heard this from various places. Also, my sister told me when she went to MK (like 2 weeks ago for the Christian music festival) that she rode Space Mountain with the lights on! Musta been cool. Any other cool secrets? Peace

OMG! We love that quote!! We say it each and everytime we get on the monorail....even my 8 year old loves to say it! :lol:

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Originally posted by skipy27
ok, now your freaking me out
:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

Ok we all better watch what we talk about when at Disney!! Dont you think that could be somewhat illegal? Isnt it eavsdropping (sp*) or invasion of privacy?? Or do you not have any of those rights when at Disney?? Just curious... and freaked out as well!:veryconfu

wdwcp98

"Alien Encounter uses tesla coils and nightvision as part of the ride..both are used by the guy on the catwalk above you..and yes, there IS a guy up there. He or she needs special training."

That's true--sort of. There are tesla coils up there, but they are deacitivated when the CM is walking around up there. The CM has to manually activate them again when he or she is done with the performance. There is also no night vision. We walk around with a flshlight and helmet with regular lights on it for the maintenance scene.

At RnRC, in the old queue area that they no longer use there are posters on the wall. If you are looking inward at the queue are, on the right hand wall there is a poster with an American Flag sticker on it. The sticker was placed there to cover up an image of a pot leaf that was on the poster because they felt the leaf was not appropriate for guests to view. If you look closely at the flag sticker, you can still see the leaf underneath it.

kennyj29

WDWCP

Can you tell me what that stands for I can't figure it out. Also, how come they don't use that queue anymore for RNRC. They used it last year when we were there.

wdwcp98

WDWCP stands for Walt Disney World College Program, an internship for college students that allows you to live, learn and earn in the Walt Disney World Resort.

As for why they don't use that queue anymore...I'm not really sure. anyone know?

disneydata

Got some good ones for ya ...

The computer room in the Utilidors does house the control computers for all the rides in MK. They are in server cases about 6 feet nigh (if I remember from my tour). NO ONE is allowed in there except computer technicians and Backstage Magic tour guests. Also, the parade control room is down there. It uses the sensors (looks like gum on the ground) to locate each float and speed up/slow down as needed and to que music to speakers in the 2nd story windows.

There are 2 acres of solar cells on the roof of UoE that provide 15% of the energy required to run the ride. The Ellen animitronic cost $2 million making it more expensive than the Wicked Witch in GMR and the most advanced of its time. The ride uses sensors and a 1/8 inch wire to guide the cars.

Test Track is the most complex and longest ride at WDW. The cars each contain 3 computers, and each has more processing power than a space shuttle. Each car is capable of 150 mph, but only go 65 due to various reasons.

The infamous airport (not a staging area for busses I think) was very well thought out by the imagineer who designed it. You know when you pass over a crack in the road it creates a sound? There is a rumor that as the planes would land, their tires would play Zip-edy Doo Dah! It is also rumored that any pilot not trained to land there was NOT allowed to land. If they did (emergency), they would have to disassemble the plane and truck it out!

The belt buckle work by the AA John Wayne on the GMR is actually a real buckle worn my him in one of his movies. The plane in the Casablanca scene is an actual plane, however, the plane in the movie itself was fake.

OK, that's enough for now ... I need sleep :sohappy: I've got tons of these things. I'm such a Disney dork :)

Nick

Mission: SPACE

Re: WDWCP

Originally posted by kennyj29
...how come they don't use that queue anymore for RNRC. They used it last year when we were there.

I'm almost certain that they don't use the queue inside of RnRC due to FastPass... When I went to one of the AP Special Event Nights in March they WERE using it... If they used it for normal operating hours, FastPass guests would have about 10-15 minutes of extra wait time (therefore it's not really all that fast...).

HorizonsMan

Originally posted by isnet396

All horizons CMs were given a "handpak", a small remote contorl that could bring the ride to full speed, half speed, or e-stop.

Ian

I can confirm this, only because i was given one of them for my last birthday by the Epcot Custodial Staff.

careship

Not sure if this is a secret. Otis elevators has one of those secret rooms by POTC. I do believe it is the only place that serves alcohol in the Magic Kingdom. You also have to work for Otis to get in there. (Was about 6 years ago we went with friends that work for Otis and were able to actually find the place.)

Al

Originally posted by careship
Not sure if this is a secret. Otis elevators has one of those secret rooms by POTC. I do believe it is the only place that serves alcohol in the Magic Kingdom. You also have to work for Otis to get in there. (Was about 6 years ago we went with friends that work for Otis and were able to actually find the place.)

are you being serious? Thats amazing :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Great job guys! This is one of the best threads I have seen around in here in ages! It has inspired me! LOL. The stuff here is so good that I think it will get lost all in one giant thread..so.....

How about we have a board dedicated to SECRETS? So each thread would be a new secret, and then other members could comment on that secret.

Do you think we have enough secrets and members willing to post?

I would appreciate your comments! :)

Thanks!

Tim G

Originally posted by wdwmagic
Great job guys! This is one of the best threads I have seen around in here in ages! It has inspired me! LOL. The stuff here is so good that I think it will get lost all in one giant thread..so.....

How about we have a board dedicated to SECRETS? So each thread would be a new secret, and then other members could comment on that secret.

Do you think we have enough secrets and members willing to post?

I would appreciate your comments! :)

Thanks!

A very, VERY good idea, Steve...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom