What secrets do YOU know????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purplrcowww

Tinkerbelle

The last time I was in Disney I spoke to a monorail driver about Tinkerbelle's flight. He said that the girl get $150.00 a flight and in the summer sometimes she flies twice. ( Two fireworks shows)

WDWFanatic

-I believe in the whinnie the pooh ride there is a picture of mr. toad handing the deed to the ride to pooh right as you start.
-There are no bricks in the castle (tour)
-Ice is used to clear out the central trash shutes(tour)

There were suppose to be three other hotels on the monorail track. One was the Venitian hotel that is supposed to go across from where the wilderness resort is, another was an oriental theme that was repaced by the Polynesian, and the third was supposed to be arabian and be placed back by Space mountain. I have an old layout in a book to prove it. The wave machine had a certain name for the area which i will look up. There was also supposed to be a private STOL airport. I cant remember what that stood for. ........ Take Of and Landing? Ill have more in a few!

WDWFanatic

Correction to my previous post. The Venetian was not supposed to be on the monorail track. Also one of the proposed hotels was not supposed to have a arabian theme it was a Persian theme, and last the Grand Floridian took the place of where the Asian resort would have been.

The wave machine was supposed to be located at Surfrider Beach next to the Polynesian Where you can "hang ten" on real ocean-style surf, rolling in from Beachcomber Isle.

Discovery island was proposed to be Blackbeards Island

I would scan the pic but i dont think that is legal

Mission: SPACE

Originally posted by DISNEYRULES!!!
That's pretty kool that they did that back then. Most cruise ships are created using that technique today. I wonder if any of the Disney ships we're made that way?

This is true... I saw it on a special I saw on TV once... Also, the ship was built in many different sections, not just an aft section and a bow section.

isnet396

Originally posted by EchoOfOphelia
2. All the controls for the Disney rides are kept in one "hub" location and I believe its name was DAX, but don't quote me on that. But it's a huge room with a bunch of server size cabinets for each ride system.

Its DACS...Digital Animation Control System (I think)...

They're server-sized since a lot of them used to use that giant tape-media as a storage system for their "computers" back in the '70s. They've probably been updated today.

hmm...lets see....

The Epcot version of DACS is located under Communicore/Innoventions East...

"Riding the Screens" is a term used by CMs at UoE who would get on a ladder and hang onto the movie screens as they would be raised and lowered daily

The dual-omnimax screens used in Horizons were intended to be for a finale. However, George McGuinness couldn't work it out somehow, and they were located in the middle, directly over the load/unload area

Defective cars on Horizons were marked with a circular orange sticker

All horizons CMs were given a "handpak", a small remote contorl that could bring the ride to full speed, half speed, or e-stop.

Illuminations 25 cost approx. $25,000 a night.

"Signal 8" Is CM-ish for "lost guest"

"82" Is Universal Studios-ish for "wait a few seconds, we got a big person on this run and its taking them a while to get settled in"..hence the 82..as in ate too much

The friendship boats ARE NOT on a track

According to the VP of entertainment at MK and MGM, the weirdest idea they ever came up with was to have tinkerbell fly between fronteirland and tomorrowland on a string for their night time fireworks show

Alien Encounter uses tesla coils and nightvision as part of the ride..both are used by the guy on the catwalk above you..and yes, there IS a guy up there. He or she needs special training.

There are 140 seats in each of the Alien Encounter theatres. A theatre is not permitted to be used if more than 10% or 14 seats are defective

The electronic rails you pass through at the entrance or exit of many attractions is known as a photocell

The Great Movie Ride was originally going to be placed next to the Imagination pavilion

VIPs are loded onto Body Wars starting in the first row and moving back.

A Test Track ride vehicle was put on display in the General Motors building (Now owned by Donald Trump)'s showroom, which is now occupied by CBS. I saw it myself ;)

The older style touchscreen CM panels are known as DCM's, or Display Control Modules. They are cuurently found in very few places, including Spaceship Earth

SE was originally sponsored by Bell Labs.

More to come...just let me know!

Ian

jaimjaim25

I had my video camera on when I was one Pirates of the Carribean. I had my camera on Night Vision. And the ride actually stopped, because the 'cameras' saw the night vision and thought i had my video camera light on. But I didn't. THe thing is, the night vision 'light' that is invisible, will reflect onto glass, etc. So they thought my light was on!

IT WASNT Mr. PIRATE PEOPLE, IT WASNT!

isnet396

Not quite. Infared light shows up on night vision, which is what makes night vision work. If you hold your camcorder up to a window, turn on night vision, you'll se a bright white/greenish dot, or group of dots. Thats the reflection of nightvision on glass, so yeah, it could freak out some CMs...anyone hear about the couple that 'got-it-on' on POTC? I guess you're gonna have to wait....i'm going out now...

Ian

meanmice

Forgive me if this has been said already, but I just couldn't read all 8 pages. This must be one of the longest running threads ever. It's been going on for like 2 years

Briar Rose

Originally posted by MCMike37

-In Space Mountain, the point at which your car waits for takeoff in the lauch tunnel, they are actually weighing the car and determining the fastest speed the car should be able to obtain safely.

Actually, the only coaster that they weigh like that is Dualing Dragons at Islands of Adventure, (not Space Mountain).:)

djmatthews

Not WDW, but still interesting. When they did the first dummy runs for Big Thunder Mountain at DLP, all the dummys came back with no heads on.

RandeB

Re: Re: Re: Maybe old?

Originally posted by Main Street USA
I had a couple of experiences with nightvision on my trip in December.

.....and also on Space Mountain, like Disjosh said, nothing happens with the lights, and even with night vision, you can't see much!:)

Unless you do what I've done, and sit in front of one of your group and turn the camera around and shoot their face while they fly through space. A little shaky, but amusing.

WooGuin

Account Suspended
A few sectrets for you'all

Find the Secret Garden in the UK. Take the path running down the French side of the Rose & Crown that screams "just ignore me!" There's a nice little sitting area there right by the lagoon.

The Electrical Water Pageant
can only be seen at Polynesian Resort (9 PM watch from the beach) Grand Floridian 9:15 PM, Wilderness Lodge 9:35pm, Ft Wilderness 9:45pm & the Contemporary Resort at 10pm. Its really short, so you can't be late

The best view of the fireworks is from Mickey's Toontown Fair. They are set off in Mickey's backyard, and they are very loud as this is as close as you can get to the launch point. Much less crowded

The "Singing in the Rain" umbrella is attached to one of the streetlights near the Hunchback theatre.

Go to the second showing of Fantasmic. it's not as busy!

Toontown is uncrowded about an hour before closing.

At the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play area, climb the stairs between the garden hose and the slide coming out of a roll of film. There is a dog nose. Put your hand in the nostrils. The dog sniffs you!

kennyj29

Haunted Mansion

My son was video taping in Night Vision in the haunted mansion. As we were watching the tape, we noticed that across from the Bride scene there were three tin buckets hanging in the shape of a Mickey Face. We have seen many articles on hidden Mickeys yet we never saw one for that one. So I don't know if it's just an oversight but we were very surprised when we saw it on his tape!

free9

I heard that the names on the second floors of the buildings on main street were the names of the companys Walt used to buy up the land which is now WDW

I also heard that AK is the only park Walt did not design.. although he wanted a park with animals it was not his design that is why it becomes congested...you have to go back to the middle to go to another section
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

WDWFanatic

I forget the rules about posting a pic from a book. Anyway..

Walt's master plan also called for an airport of the future, an industrial park designed to show american industry at work, commercial center, garden appartments and a "second home" community.

By 1965 they had put togther 27,443 acres at a cost of just over 5 million. It is twice the size of the island of manhattan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom