What secrets do YOU know????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erika

Originally posted by jmarc63
OK then using that senario, Then what about MK, There is the berm that surrounds the park that the train follows at MK to duplicate the design at DL, and with all the structures acting as a wind break why wouldn't the same happen there? and MK is smaller than AK. Someone mentioned eariler that the AC from the attractions at MK flows out of the buildings and cools the area, Well I talked to a HVAC friend of mine and he said that for there to be even a slight chance of that occuring the buildings temprature would have to be like a freezer inside for you to feel any cooling effects more that a few feet from the entrances.

True, but very often when walking through MK I know I AM a few feet from the entrances. The breeze from the A/C makes such a difference!

castlecake2.0

Originally posted by sandjhooker
HM has a chicken exit? Where and why would you want to take it?

The door is probably for kids who get to scared, and dont want to ride. The door is has a sign on it that says 'servants quaters'.

castlecake2.0

Originally posted by hmppan
When 20k was opperational, it was not staffed by Fantasyland Cast Members even though it was considered part of Fantasyland........it was staffed by

.......anyone ......anyone.......anyone

the Tomorrowland Speedway Cast Members....

So they could have an "indoor" attratction. Just found that interesting when I found that out.

Did they have to change constumes first? I dont think the speedway costumes would look right at 20k?

Im a little slow, what do you mean by 'indoor attraction'?

Another little secret...

Walt's name on the windows above Main St is the only one allowed to face the Castle.

Mickey's ToonTown does not have any utilidors since it was built after the rest of the park.

:king:

Irrawaddy Erik

There was a costume change like you might be scheduled speedway one day and then 20k another...........

"indoor" is ment to mean that they were not in the direct sun like speedway is ......

guwag

Originally posted by castlecake2.0
Did they have to change constumes first? I dont think the speedway costumes would look right at 20k?

Im a little slow, what do you mean by 'indoor attraction'?

Another little secret...

Walt's name on the windows above Main St is the only one allowed to face the Castle.

Mickey's ToonTown does not have any utilidors since it was built after the rest of the park.

:king:

I was told when I took the Backstage Magic tour that the window in question was actually going to be an office for Walt himself to use when he was in FL.

About the units that make up the Contemporary, I was also told that they were actually poured just down the road in a purpose built plant.

jmarc63

Originally posted by guwag
About the units that make up the Contemporary, I was also told that they were actually poured just down the road in a purpose built plant.

Accually the units were prefabracted out of steel, no pouring needed, and are also in the original long houses at the Poly, The first two hotels that opened in October of '71. the plant was built somewhere on property, I think it is a warehouse today in the service area on the north end of Buena Vista Drive

In a quote from The story of Walt Disney World " Steel-framed unitized or modular construction has been given it's first major showcase. All 1500 rooms of the Contempoary resort-hotel and the Polynesian village were fabracted by United States Steel at a plant three miles from the Hotels, Trucked to the building site and lifted in to place by giant cranes. Before leaving the the on-the-job assembly plant, these light-weight all steel rooms have been compleatly outfitted-walls covered,bath fixtures installed, mirrors in place and lights ready to be "plugged in""

Florida Man

Originally posted by jmarc63
Accually the units were prefabracted out of steel, no pouring needed, and are also in the original long houses at the Poly, The first two hotels that opened in October of '71. the plant was built somewhere on property, I think it is a warehouse today in the service area on the north end of Buena Vista Drive

In a quote from The story of Walt Disney World " Steel-framed unitized or modular construction has been given it's first major showcase. All 1500 rooms of the Contempoary resort-hotel and the Polynesian village were fabracted by United States Steel at a plant three miles from the Hotels, Trucked to the building site and lifted in to place by giant cranes. Before leaving the the on-the-job assembly plant, these light-weight all steel rooms have been compleatly outfitted-walls covered,bath fixtures installed, mirrors in place and lights ready to be "plugged in""

That's pretty kool that they did that back then. Most cruise ships are created using that technique today. I wonder if any of the Disney ships we're made that way?

As I understand it, the Disney Cruise ships were built in two parts.
The bow half, or front half, and the stern half, or back half, the two parts were then brought in halves to the same place and welded together into one ship.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I heard and I dont know if its true, but the reason that Time Keeper is shut is that a strange arab gentleman with a big moustache is renting it to store some barrels of home made wine, or something.

RPMdfw

Originally posted by guwag
I was told when I took the Backstage Magic tour that the window in question was actually going to be an office for Walt himself to use when he was in FL.

How can that be? They didn't begin construction of the Magic Kingdom until 3 years AFTER Walt died.

Something in that doesn't add up . . .:veryconfu

Coasterbp

Originally posted by MCMike37
Well, I am so full of secrets, and just odd knowledge, a few that I will throw out for fun...
<<SNIP>>

-In Space Mountain, the point at which your car waits for takeoff in the lauch tunnel, they are actually weighing the car and determining the fastest speed the car should be able to obtain safely.

<<SNIP>>

This isn't true. The only thing that happens when you are sitting in the dispatch brake is this...nothing....

The only reason you are waiting there is to allow room between you and the previous rocket to get far enough ahead. There is no scale there, and if there was, how would the ride control the speed anyway?

-=BP

Coasterbp

Originally posted by hmppan
Everyone tells me about this but I can't find it and I dont know anyone that knows exactly where it is?? can anyone tell me

The skeleton hand holding a FASTPASS for the attraction was never in the attraction. It was on an ad for FASTPASS when they added it to the Mansion. It was a poster.

-=BP

Coasterbp

Originally posted by Mary Poppins
When they did one of the original test runs for RnRC the credit cards of the people testing were demagnetized because they didn't vent the launch tunnel properly.

This isn't true either. Credit cards or other magentic cards can't be demagnetized by the launch system while riding it. The only thing that happens to the launch tunnel when the venting doesn't work properly is that it gets extremely hot in there.

The only way to get your cards demagnetized from the launch system at Coaster would be to get down into the track and start rubbing them along the LSMs (magnets). You are too far away from them for them to have any effect on your person.

-=BP

tenchu

Originally posted by happy snapper
I heard and I dont know if its true, but the reason that Time Keeper is shut is that a strange arab gentleman with a big moustache is renting it to store some barrels of home made wine, or something.

:lol:

And he's got a nice man called Blix stuck on the Carosel of Progress!

Justin

Originally posted by RPMdfw
How can that be? They didn't begin construction of the Magic Kingdom until 3 years AFTER Walt died.

Something in that doesn't add up . . .:veryconfu

No, he was alive during Magic kingdom's time, he just died before Epcot was begening. Thats why they said "Walt did see the park" because he saw it in his mind before he died.

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by Coasterbp
The skeleton hand holding a FASTPASS for the attraction was never in the attraction. It was on an ad for FASTPASS when they added it to the Mansion. It was a poster.

-=BP

Thats what I always thought b/c there are no skeletons in the Graveyard.......

no2apprentice

Originally posted by Justin
No, he was alive during Magic kingdom's time, he just died before Epcot was begening. Thats why they said "Walt did see the park" because he saw it in his mind before he died.
Not quite.

Fall 1967 Site preparation begins for Florida MK

Spring 1969 Construction begins on MK

October 1, 1971 MK opens

The passing of Walt - December 15, 1966.:(

Justin

I guess they could have built the window stand for Walt in office then when it was being planned.

They must have planned Epcot around MK's time then. or a the same time they were b eing planned.

SewIn2Disney

The Magic Kingdom is actually built to represent a movie.

The train station is the curtain for the "show" because when you are standing in front of it (before you head into main street) you cannot see into the park at all, just like a curtain does not let you see in the show.

The layout (a central hub surrounded by several areas...like spokes on a wheel) represent the film on a reel (like a projector)

Each "land" of the park is a different scene in the show or movie.

All of the names on the windows on Main Street are the credits for the show/movie.

There might be one more element to this but I can't remember it at the moment.

SewIn2Disney

Oh! and my favorite little bit of trivia:
There are 11,364 triangles on Spaceship Earth in Epcot.

and

The only doll that is not smiling on It's a Small World is the one in the hot air balloon with a sign that says "help!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom