What makes you tear up/cry in the parks?

DfromATX

Wishes gets me every time! I'm fine until it gets to the middle and the fireworks really start picking up. Then I really start feeling the Disney magic and the waterworks kick in! Usually my mom is the open crier in the family, so I have to try to hide it to avoid being thrown in the same emotions boat!

Sooner or later we all turn into our mothers! :eek:

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

The Hall of Presidents when it shows President Bush after 9/11 speaking on top of that destroyed firetruck with the bullhorn. Strangely 9/11 always evokes a sense of American pride in me when I consider how much our country came together in that awful moment. There are many other things that really make me feel emotional as well. Knowing my trips are winding down always does it to me. Another instance comes to mind when once at HS a wounded soldier was meeting Buzz and Woody in a wheelchair. The guy could walk a little but he was still recovering. So as he was leaving Buzz made a CM catch him and he motioned for him to wait. He then took a napkin and wrote "Thank you for your service! Buzz Lightyear!" and saluted the guy. Dude I started balling! LOL!

FigmentPigments

For some reason, every time I leave Epcot at night and I do one last hopscotch across the light up tiles near Spaceship Earth, I get that choked up feeling. It's dark,Spaceship Earth is glowing those soft colors, and it's like those light up tiles are a physical representation of Magic. And when I finally walk by them, it's like I'm leaving the Magic behind.

danyoung56

I get totally verklempt every time I hear the Voices of Liberty perform. So much so that I'd love to chat with them after their set but I'm afraid I'll just break down and bawl!

tongaloosh

Wishes gets me. Each time I watch it, I tell myself "It's just a fireworks show", but the waterworks are always going by the finale. And leaving! I can't count the number of times I've burst into tears right before boarding the ME.

DfromATX

I get totally verklempt every time I hear the Voices of Liberty perform. So much so that I'd love to chat with them after their set but I'm afraid I'll just break down and bawl!

They are good, aren't they? When I first heard them, my heart swelled with American pride.

Last edited:

Walter Elias Disney

image.jpeg
Mom made it a family tradition to swipe your thumb on Cinderella's glass slipper every time you visited the park. I still head to the castle each time I visit in order to carry on the tradition. This particular mosaic continues to brings chills and great happiness. I know my family is right there with me!

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
image.jpeg

Having watched my children grow up with this amazing show of lights for the last 24 years (from Little Rock to Orlando) always makes me happy, it was part of our family tradition for their entire lives.

A close second is walking under the train station through the tunnel and getting the grand reveal, the real world disappears on Main St and vacation begins.

MaxxStephen

Celebrate the Magic makes me tear up a bit, and the Fantasmic finale always gets me.

Also there was this elderly couple that I met my last trip down, and they've been going every year since the 70's. I was holding back the quivering lip. It was more of a happy thing than sad, but seeing them holding hands and just walking around made my day. My mom on the other hand couldn't control the water works.

TXDisney

My wife tears up during wishes. But watching little kids get so excited is the best. We don't have kids but my sister has a 14 month old and you can't convince me she was too young to enjoy Disney. She flipped out every time she saw the main Disney characters. That made the girls cry.

mariak

Not in the parks... but on the last full day of our honeymoon in '14, we ate dinner at Sanaa at AKL and as we were walking down the path to the busses (it was dark out and the subtle lighting of that resort is so gorgeous) I was taking in the atmosphere of just being *there* and I just had tears streaming (it was one of those weird silent crys haha) because that's my bucket list resort and I wanted to stayyyyy. (We were in POR FQ).

Incomudro

Wishes is the toughest to get through dry eyed. I'm glad it's dark out.
And it keeps upping the emotions.
Jiminy Crickets voice, Tinker Bell...
Illuminations is a tough one to choke the emotions down through as well.
Aside from that, a get a whoosh when the bus passes under the archway that says Magic Kingdom.
Hitting Main Street for the first time on any trip is big.

FigmentPigments

Wishes is the toughest to get through dry eyed. I'm glad it's dark out.
And it keeps upping the emotions.
Jiminy Crickets voice, Tinker Bell...
Illuminations is a tough one to choke the emotions down through as well.
Aside from that, a get a whoosh when the bus passes under the archway that says Magic Kingdom.
Hitting Main Street for the first time on any trip is big.
Jiminy Cricket's voice is a good one. They always seem to use him for those really touching moments.

Incomudro

Jiminy Cricket's voice is a good one. They always seem to use him for those really touching moments.

Yeah, he's like the heart of the park.
Walts voice if you will.
I probably feel this way because he was a big part of the (forgive me if I get the title wrong) Magical World of Disney tv series when I was a kid.
That tv show, the music and opening montage meant so much to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom